Notices
Dodge Challenger R/T Threads specific to the Dodge Challenger R/T should be placed here.

///////////

Old 11-05-2008, 08:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Real Life Quarter Mile Times....

Hey Rip.....one last thing. they seem to have lost sight of the times slip. My 60' was 1.94....not 2.1.
Old 11-05-2008, 08:34 AM

No prob. Someone else 1990CamaroRS noticed that as well and posted it up. I can tell you are watching that thread. Kinda fun seeing all the "controversy" from some of the posters over there eh? HAHA

FWIW I wouldn't take it personally if you do. You know how this "hobby" is. Skepticism is pretty common. And rightly so at times.

That S8ER01Z fellow is probably the one with the biggest "NO FRICKIN WAY" attitude.
Old 11-05-2008, 08:41 AM

this is really getting kinda funny over there. they're trying to make up numbers to make it seem a little less believeable
Old 11-05-2008, 08:52 AM

Guys...absolutely no offense taken here. I am proud to have a car that runs hard...and yet aggrevates some that refuse to believe it. It does not change the facts.

I could show them the bill of sale showing I only bought it 3 days before. There is no time to buy mod's and install them in that amount of time. LOL.

Old 11-05-2008, 08:55 AM

Oh I'm sure some of them would say that you could've bought the mods ahead of time and had them shipped to you in preparation for getting the car.

Honestly you know someone would say that.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:03 AM

Good point. however...another myth buster. There were at least 5 other Moparts members at Draway 42 that day that were checking out my new ride. Should I get sworn statement from them?

I personally find it crazy how worked up some of these guys are getting. Like I mentioned, there were multiple people locally that posted seeing it run. The difference is, the disbelievers on Moparts are not insulting, instead they believe what they hear because other credible members were present that day.

The bottom line is, just because you don't believe it, don't make it not so.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:09 AM

ORIGINAL: 10secDodge

Good point. however...another myth buster. There were at least 5 other Moparts members at Draway 42 that day that were checking out my new ride. Should I get sworn statement from them?
LOL!!

I think you've done as much as you should need to do already. If you want to take it one step further have someone who posts over on that forum come check out your car and document the run next time. Then he can post back as a witness. At that point any naysayers are really not worth listening to at all. You would have gone above and beyond at that point. Enoughs enough.
I personally find it crazy how worked up some of these guys are getting. Like I mentioned, there were multiple people locally that posted seeing it run. The difference is, the disbelievers on Moparts are not insulting, instead they believe what they hear because other credible members were present that day.
S8ER01Z - I will stick up for him a little bit. Once bitten twice shy. If you read his posts in that thread you'll see he has caught people telling bold faced lies before. While I am noowhere near as skeptical as he is about this type of thing I can understand where he's coming from in that case.

I'd say 50% believe you over there, 25% are unsure, and 25% are in the no frickin way crowd.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:21 AM

This gets funnier every minute Tony!

You run a good time because you know how to drive the 1/4.
Sub 2.1-2.3 is awesome on the stock converter.

LOL, you have people that were there, a time slip, and a history of racing.... Still some doubt the facts.

Congrats to you Bro! I bet it still felt like slow motion compared to your Drag car.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:22 AM

BTW can you guys link me to the thread where there were posts from other folks there? Thanks!
Old 11-05-2008, 09:35 AM

Rip....I will post a link when I get home along with the other members names that can be PM'd as needed. LOL.

I will post a couple more time slips as well. The times slips are the same.....79~80 in the 1/8th 107 ~108 on the 13.1 runs and 79~80 in the 1/8th and 106~107 on the 13.3 runs. The 13.30 runs were made with the whole factory air cleaner box unhooked. It did not like that at all.

Want some photos from under the hood and under the car as well? Nothing to hide here. Also, I scaled the car last week here at work on a freshly certified scale. 4120 with me (160) and half a tank of gas.