Notices
Dodge Challenger R/T Threads specific to the Dodge Challenger R/T should be placed here.

///////////

Old 11-03-2008, 03:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Real Life Quarter Mile Times....

They won't be doing that when that's all they see going down the strip.

ORIGINAL: 10secDodge

Mopar2ya....the guy in lane 1 lifted. He started smoking at half track and let off.

One thing for sure, there is a lot of potential in these cars. I dont know if anyone looked at the thread I left a link to, but a guy took a pic of my RT on the starting line. They were giving me some grief because it has a hemi hockey stripe on it.
FYI.....the car only has 300 miles on it too. I plan on making this a quiet 11 sec car that I can drive daily....that will surprise the Camaro and Mustang boys.
Old 11-03-2008, 04:34 PM

The file attachment is a picture of me trying to clean off the tires. I thought I was getting no smoke....looks like there was a little. Either way, I found the less smoke the better.
Old 11-04-2008, 06:09 AM

lol there appears to be one guy on the mustangforums who won't be convinced 10secDodge.

But to be fair. He doesn't believe some of the timeslips and runs posted on that same forum by mustang owners either. Guess he's a skeptic.
Old 11-04-2008, 06:25 AM

Riptide....my experience is people tend to not believe either what they have not seen, or done themselves. So all is good with me. I have no vested interest in lying about it...not to mention I posted a timeslip. Also, on the Moparts forum....there was a group of guys there that seen the runs. FWIW....my best MPH was in the slip and the worst was just under 107. So maybe the car is a "factory ringer"....who knows, but it ran the number just the same.
By the way, the Mustang forum is pretty cool. I lurked around there for a while last night (while I was taking my lumps from the naysayers...lol). That is a good site...I have always been a closet Mustang fan and almost bought one before buying the Challenger. but in the end, the new styling really did it for me.
My programmer will be here by early next week. I will plan another trip and try to get vids. The only thing I am going to change is a 93 tune to start with, bypass the traction control, and raise my shift points. I would love to create even more skepticism by breaking into the 12's on regular radials, stock air box, and stock exhaust. It may or may not be possible...but I am going to try.
Old 11-04-2008, 07:03 AM

Looking forward to seeing the vids! Thanks again for sharing your results.

I originally wanted to get a Challenger SRT8. In the end due to budget issues I had to go with my second choice which was a used (5K miles) mustang. The dodge definitely is the #1 retro IMO as far as the look of the car goes. My dream would be to have an SRT8, GT500 Cobra, and a '69 Camaro 427 in the garage. Will probably never have that kinda money so I'll have to be happy with the GT. On the bright side even though a GT isn't the fastest car out there I appreciate it a whole lot more when I go out and drive it since my DD is a 92 horsepower honda civic.
Old 11-05-2008, 07:26 AM

*bump*

Hey dude I'm passing on a question for you from MF.

hey what are the times the average chally rt and upgraded 5.7 chargers are running on that track...find that out.
Old 11-05-2008, 07:47 AM

I dont have any real information for you there. I usually dont pay attention to the street cars. I run the Mod class and am usually busy trying to keep the race car cool and checking things between rounds. The only info I have if from one guy that told me him and his buddy were there in with another STOCK RT running bottom 14's. his MPH was not far off mine (105~106), but he was all over with his short times. As far as mods...I don't think there are too many running around this area yet....at least at the track.

There were several chargers here...running anywhere from 14's to mid 11's. I did not get to talk to the fast one, but I was told it is heavily modified ie: SC, head work, cam, etc.

Oh, a few more tidbits for you. I was looking under mine at the exhaust. It has a factory X pipe and the front exhaust looks pretty good. In my opinion it is not surprising at all it can run low 13's on a good day. From what I am reading they are close to 400 hp from the factory.

BTW...the Mustang forum is a hoot. It really isn't much different from the Mopar forums. Some reasonable guys...then a couple crazies. I have an idea, the next time I go out, I will let you know. There was one guy on the MS that goes to Dragway 42. I welcome him to meet me there and confirm my car is what I say it is. I am very easy going and would take no offense to doing that at all. I am a car guy and enjoy meeting and chatting with other car guys.
Old 11-05-2008, 07:53 AM

Thanks man I just posted your response over there. Probably not what they are looking for but at least you are generating some traffic. There are some people nitpicking at your results and analyzing the crap out of them. As you can imagine - some skepticism. There are 3 guys who find the times to be "fishy" and they explain why in that thread if you go read it. I know you probably don't care, which is a-OK.

FWIW - I believe you. And so do some of the others over there. I don't think the average adult would outright lie about something as petty as this in my opinion. I realize that people have lied about this sort of thing before but I think it's a tiny minority of people that would do something so ridiculous like that.

I believe your results just as I believe that "GeneK" fellow from over there that ran a 13.2 in a stock mustang GT. Until someone proves lies then just because it seems improbable - that isn't proof of a lie IMO.
Old 11-05-2008, 08:02 AM

I appreciate what you are telling me. And to be completely honest, this car still seems slow to me in the Qtr. My Demon runs low 10's so the chally's performance (in my eyes) is merely "quick" for a street production car. So they are not hurting my feeling at all by nitpicking my times. Like I mentioned, send the other guy to the track. I am a very well known bracket racer here and am at the track every week. The only reason I bought the Challenger is to have a fun driver that I can take out and play with on nice days.

Also, in case you wonder, I bought the car last Thursday and it only had 300 miles on it before going to the track Sunday.
Old 11-05-2008, 08:13 AM

Yeah no doubt I'm sure it does seem slow compared to a 10 second car.

I'll be happy if I can get my car down to consistent mid to low 13s (3700 feet elevation). Don't have the coin for a dedicated track car that I trailer out. Wish I did.

Let me know if/when you plan on taking the Challenger out there again and I'll try to post it back over there. Also if you know someone that posts over there maybe we can arrange to have him out there next time you go.