Notices
Dodge Challenger R/T Threads specific to the Dodge Challenger R/T should be placed here.

///////////

Old 11-03-2008, 02:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Real Life Quarter Mile Times....

One question though... who were you racing and whats up with his times... [8D]
Old 11-03-2008, 03:03 AM

Default ////////////

//////////
Old 11-03-2008, 03:39 AM

Mopar2ya....the guy in lane 1 lifted. He started smoking at half track and let off.

One thing for sure, there is a lot of potential in these cars. I dont know if anyone looked at the thread I left a link to, but a guy took a pic of my RT on the starting line. They were giving me some grief because it has a hemi hockey stripe on it.

FYI.....the car only has 300 miles on it too. I plan on making this a quiet 11 sec car that I can drive daily....that will surprise the Camaro and Mustang boys.
Old 11-03-2008, 09:03 AM

wow I read through this thread assuming it was a STICK... Nice times bro, an auto to boot... yes sir...
I can't wait to hear about your mods, keep us posted... Whew Hemi fever.
Dude you could prolly out drag anybody on here with an SRT, if it were stock... That's bad ass..
Old 11-03-2008, 10:12 AM

Very impressive time. Shows just how much of a difference an experienced driver can make.

I calculated your D/A for you with help from dragtimes.com calculator and no matter what time we choose either 8AM or 3PM in the afternoon very little difference is made in the corrected ET.

Congradulations!
Old 11-03-2008, 12:45 PM

Have a few questions for you from my compadres' on the mustangforums. If you get a chance, please let me know so I can post the answers back over there.
Things that were not mentioned that I'd like to know.
1. did he shift manually
2. he also said he had traction control off...then he said he wants to try running with DR's and traction control bypassed....what's the difference?
3. did he have the 3.92 gears or are they only available with the manual?

I don't doubt they can run those times. They do have a HP/weight ratio advantage over us.
Thanks man! And for the record there have been very few disbelievers over there. Most people are genuinely impressed.
Old 11-03-2008, 01:53 PM

I find the disbelief sort of funny. First, I tried to shift manually, however the car shifts itself just before the redline whether it is in the manual mode or not. Second, in the RT you can not truly turn the tracion control off, even when disengaged it still comes on if you are too agressive with the wheel spin. I ordered a Diablo programmer from a guy that hops up these cars exclusively. He assured me it will work on the 5.7's and is going to help me use it on the car. I should have it by the weekend and plan on completely bypassing the traction control and am going to set it up to allow me to shift it at the redline. I have also ordered a set of Nitto 20" drag radials. . Third: Stock 3.06 gears.

I am going to still run it with the stock exhaust and air box for now. I believe some solid 12's are in order with the mild changes I described.

For what it's worth, I had another disbleiver at the track. Only because him and another buddy were recently there with their RT running low 14's. It's all in getting off the line. If you notice my short times, they are pretty fast then incrementally close to other RT's once it's rolling. Then I did have some good air on my side....roughly 500' DA that day. My best run was at 450' DA....worst run was at 800' DA. Not mine-shaft air by no means...but pretty darn good.

As far as my times I was surprised too....but if you do the math, the car should go that fast. It just boils down to getting it launched effectively.

This is kind of fun. My drag car is expected to be fast...so no-one ever questions it when I tell them what it turns.
Old 11-03-2008, 02:29 PM

Thanks for the info. I'll pass it on.

FYI - the disbelief is in fairly short supply over there. Most people don't look at it that way at all. They are a generally reasonable lot (for the most part) on that forum. I'll even link to it here so you read it if you want.

http://www.mustangforums.com/forum/s...d.php?t=494910

Are the gears really 3.06 stock? I thought the auto 2009 R/T had 3.72 gears?
Old 11-03-2008, 02:37 PM

I figured most street car guys are ok...I used to be one before getting into hard core bracket racing.

I am looking at my window sticker right now....it says "3.06 axle ratio". Now....it does not state if it was changed at all when upgraded to 20" wheels. So as far as I can tell, it's a 3.06.
Old 11-03-2008, 02:42 PM

OK the reason I ask about that is when I went to build one on Dodge's site about a month ago it said 3.72 axle ratio when I chose the auto 5 speed transmission. The 3.9 ratio was for the manual.

Now if you go build one it doesn't say either way.