Notices
Dodge Challenger R/T Threads specific to the Dodge Challenger R/T should be placed here.

R/T vs GT vs GTO

Old 09-30-2008, 03:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: R/T vs GT vs GTO

I like fairy tales... tell another one. Man the trash someone will talk and not have to back it up. The bike, yeah that would be believable no doubt. But the Mustang with those few mods, in a dream. And no driver to driver just mashing the gas does not take a Mario Andretti to be the man. I'm sure his fellow Mustang bloggers did nothing to quinch his over inflated ego. As an old white guy I promise to blow the doors off a Mustang with a young adult male in my SRT-8 Challenger when I get it. I want the world back into balance. I know this Mustang deal never happened (there would be a disturbance in the force).
Old 09-30-2008, 07:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

4.10's would help a ton though.
Old 09-30-2008, 07:13 PM

lol "fairy tales"

If you don't think a GT with the gears and the other mods it had couldn't beat an R/T then I think we have a problem with accepting reality.

And yeah 4.10's do help significantly. Just like the 3.9's in the 09 R/T probably do.
Old 09-30-2008, 11:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got caught reading several post and after reading it again I posted a bad response to another post. With these mods it would run strong against an R/T. For some reason I had it confused with a post about an SRT-8 and a Mustang GT that got owned by the SRT-8. In reading this I thought the poster said it was an SRT-8 and it sure would be more likely that is was an SRT-8. The GT would have more than likely more than he could handle. With what I have seen on other comparisons, an R/T with these Mods would be right with or past the Mustang in a side by side. But yes I should take another minute when posting this late at night. I have no problem with reality when I'm wide awake I can't wait until I post my own results and with a Modded SRT-8 I feel my results will be more positive than negative.
Old 10-01-2008, 05:35 AM

I appreciate the honesty. I know what you mean about being tired and posting.

What mods are you planning for your SRT8? Beautiful cars. Wish I had one.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:32 AM

Heard the same stories about the GTO when I had my Challenger on display in Scottsdale, "your car's fast, but I think the GTO could give you a run for your money". I no longer race on the streets....just not smart. But would like to see a mag put the two on the strip...heads up and see what happens...wouild be very interesting. I think everyone should respect the GTO.....it's got what it takes.....just not the retro styling that Pont. should have given it...............

On a side note, Thanks Andre for upholding our (Challenger) Honor. (Not bad for a Silver Challenger...)
Old 10-01-2008, 12:28 PM

ORIGINAL: BLK 6050

On a side note, Thanks Andre for upholding our (Challenger) Honor. (Not bad for a Silver Challenger...)
Good point... was probably just one of those silver mustangs though...
Old 10-01-2008, 01:07 PM

CRUSH and I fear no Mustang. The fact is I go looking for them. I've got two kills both from highway speed with less then 1500 miles on my car. As a matter of fact this past Saturday while headed to a carshow, that I didn't make because a dust storm blew in, I tried slowing down for one I saw in my rear view mirror while on the freeway. I slowed down to 55 and he kept slowing down, finally I just resumed normal driving speed since he didn't want to play.
Old 10-01-2008, 01:24 PM

Oh believe me. A lightly modded mustang has nothing to fear from an R/T challenger. Just gears alone makes it practically a drivers race. Add a few more fairly simple bolt ons and the same goes for the SRT8.
Old 10-01-2008, 03:55 PM

Sorry Rip the "Oh believe me" statement doesn"t bear any weight or magically make a statement into a fact... mod for mod the R/Ts and SRT8s have nothing to fear of the mustang... your opinion is just that... your opinion...

Quick Reply: R/T vs GT vs GTO