Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

AAFES/Brampton Experts

Old 09-18-2008, 12:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AAFES/Brampton Experts

Hello,
I made it to Qatar and I’m excited about work which I’ll say almost nothing about. Rest assured I will be safe and compared to other folks I cannot complain about anything I have it good here. I have been planning my Challenger purchase during this trip for months. I must say that the AAFES/ENCS guy is a bit underwhelming coming off a bit like any other car dealer salesman. Apologies to some of the few exceptional dealer guys out there, you guys are the minority.

I’m about to embark on the most expensive purchase of my life…scratch that I got a mortgage two years ago. Second largest purchase a forty-something SRT if I can make the numbers work. I obviously want to get this right so I’ll be posting my questions here for past AAFES buyers and Brampton workers to hopefully answer.

For now:
Do we get the car for invoice? The guy was a bit vague.

I was thinking about celebrating Christmas here by placing my order around December 20-24th, the guy said “you better do it before that” delays with the factory closing for Christmas and such. Is the delay that big a deal? A lot of info comes down before the end of the year I think it prudent to have patience.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
John
Old 09-18-2008, 12:58 PM

Default RE: AAFES/Brampton Experts

Thru ENCS you get your car slightly below MSRP...but they add in costs for shipping and handeling.

Here is my break out

SRT8 = 36,838 MSRP=37320
GG tax = 2163
Mygig = 866.50 MSRP=890
Sunroof = 925 MSRP=950
F1 tires = 48.50 MSRP=50
US freight charge = 675
7y/70mile = 1940
overseas warrenty rider = 175
overseas shipping = 940
delivery processing = 453
I got a 25 dollar rebate as the dealers are not allowed to give you a free tank of gas as mandated in the base price of the car.

All total I am at $44,999.

Bottom line is ENCS doesn't really wheel and deal with the price. You just tell them what you want and they pull up the price sheet. They do sometimes have rebates or special offers...but those are in the $500 catagory. Of course the 08 SRT8 had none of those. I do theink the 09 RT have a 500 rebate and qualify for the 1.99 gas rebate.
Check ENCS.com

Old 09-18-2008, 01:06 PM

Check here
http://www.encs.com/uploadedFiles/EN...s-09-05-08.pdf

09 are on the second page

and here

http://www.encs.com/uploadedFiles/EN...aryRewards.pdf

Here is a tool on the site that can search current inventory...they have 12 R/t ans no SRT right now. I tried to post it but the screwy java made the post about 5 miles long!
http://www.encs.com/vehicles.aspx?id=668

Old 09-18-2008, 01:39 PM

Cool, I see we hang at some of the same places...ChallengerTalk.com I read the reply there. Thanks!
Old 09-19-2008, 11:19 AM

I’ve ordered a 09 SRT8, Hemi-Orange loaded on May 16th. This will be my largest purchase ever and my first loan. I look at the mirror and know I did not make the wrong choice. From somebody who has paid cash for everything and drives old embarrassing beaters, I have no regrets dropping $40K for this car. My wife knows I am cheap; I still have the T.V. purchased at my first residents 12 yrs ago.

JUST GO FOR IT! It’s worth it to buy this beautiful car and its also wise to go through new car sales. I not saying for all cars but absolutely any high end cars like this one who dealers demand over MSRP.

I would place your order now. You can place your order on plant hold and decide later where you want to deliver the car in till Sept 09 if you want. I would also start the Dream Builder program, ASAP, where they match 7.75% for every deposit up to $500. If you decide not to buy a car, even after 3 yrs, you can get all your money back minus the interest. Dream Builder keeps your eligibility even after you move from overseas.

There are also rebates. I personally have taken advantage such as the jeep/dodge/Chrysler loyalty, college grad, and recently there is a $500 rebate the 2009. I didn’t read the details of the recent $500 rebate it may only be for mil only.

2007HemiCuda, if you have any questions about ENCS let me know and I will get answer back quickly.

Dodge Dreamer
Zoomie
Old 09-19-2008, 02:25 PM

ORIGINAL: DodgeDreamer
JUST GO FOR IT! It’s worth it to buy this beautiful car and its also wise to go through new car sales. I not saying for all cars but absolutely any high end cars like this one who dealers demand over MSRP.

I would place your order now. You can place your order on plant hold and decide later where you want to deliver the car in till Sept 09 if you want. I would also start the Dream Builder program, ASAP, where they match 7.75% for every deposit up to $500. If you decide not to buy a car, even after 3 yrs, you can get all your money back minus the interest. Dream Builder keeps your eligibility even after you move from overseas.

There are also rebates. I personally have taken advantage such as the jeep/dodge/Chrysler loyalty...a $500 rebate the 2009.
What I'm thinking...I should just pull the trigger now or early October. What about all the end of year model change rumors that usally happen, like 392 CID engines and such?

By end of Jan '09 I can't order a 2010 anyway so within two weeks I'll Just Do It.
Old 09-19-2008, 11:37 PM

I understand your dilemma of missing out on the rumored 6.4l and the new colors. Here’s an idea to remedy the problem; change/make the delivery to July/August so the rumors could play out and make a decision you won’t regret. However, if there isn’t a 6.4l chally then we would benefit from a better production line, larger down payment(Dream Builder) and even collect on more rebates. I believe the 08 Charger rebate is around $2-3K, if we are lucky it will be the close to the same for the late 09s. The late year purchase is not a concern because I am not worried about resale value.

If the 6.4 is true then I would slide my order from a 2009 to 2010 and go through the torture of another year of waiting. I have some personal issue coming, a second baby, that may change my purchase. The wife gave me a green light back in May to “go for it” before the turkey was cooking. So I may have to act now and get the 09 or wait and see my Hemi-orange Challenger change at midnight to a Brown Caravan pumpkin.

Aren’t we so lucky to have these problems?

Dodge Dreamer
Old 09-21-2008, 05:59 PM

All right with all the flexibility ENCS/AAFES offers I'm ordering a Black Six-Speed SRT with Sunroof on my day off Wednesday. I'll keep you all posted, any last minute advice please post before then.
Old 09-25-2008, 07:39 AM

IT BEGINS!

I ordered my Black SRT with Sunroof and six-speed, hood stripe delete. Pretty painless about $1000 over invoice. Feb 2009 is my pick update...the countdown/wait begins.
Old 09-25-2008, 09:43 AM

Congrats Man! I still havent seen one in person yet, but from what I hear, you WILL NOT be sorry.

Quick Reply: AAFES/Brampton Experts