Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Is anybody but me really mad?

Old 07-02-2008, 02:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Is anybody but me really mad?

tupperware, it is easy for you if you got yours already, sorry, I don't have the time to wait ages for Dodge plus I think they could knockm off the by the book responses....even in his speech Nardelli siad they need to listen to and respond to the customer more to get Dodges reputation back....I still really want the car , but I have a right to speak out my frustration and anger at them. Fat Cat[sm=gears.gif]
ORIGINAL: tupperware

Before I start here, I know it is easy for me to disagree because I already have my car. In Chrysler's defense, they (the manufacturer) never told you your car would ship on 4/27. If your dealer told you that, he or she left out the huge disclaimer from Chrysler regarding shipping. VinVision is a tool meant for dealers that is programmed to calculate dates in the future based on the entry of your D1 date. As we have learned so far, this date is very much subject to change with a new model. Dodge is not used to such micro examination of their scheduling and build process. I am confident that the build process and dates will be more accurate for the "09 model year. (just as it is now for other Chrysler products) Some of your fellow forum members have been helpful in getting you Vin Vision info... the problem is that this info is all tentative until your car gets built. Once your car actually ships (after stripes at Ground Effects), VinVision is a great tracking tool...Heck, Joani first told me that my car would ship on 5/3...(it wasnt built until 6/5)... no offense meant for Joani, but its the old garbage-in, garbage-out problem. This is the reason that Chrysler never intended Vin Vision info to be openly distributed to the public. I would not be at all suprised if Chrysler reminds its dealers of this in light of the bad feelings and press that have been generated as a result of, in some cases, the HOURLY monitoring of a car's progress.

Do you plan to take delivery of your car? You say (in addition to multiple vulgarities directed at Dodge) that you will not ever buy another Dodge, if you are truly this unhappy with Dodge, why buy this one??

ORIGINAL: dodgeguy24

Man , they really blew this launch , my orignal ship date was april 27. Will you buy another dodge product ? not me . I am sorry ahead of time for being negative , but I ordered dec. 3rd. F*** THEM , I hope they go broke. Nobody has an answer , my car was built 4 weeks ago , talk about lot rot . F*** them.
Old 07-02-2008, 03:14 PM

Default RE: CHILL OUT !!!

Well said Tupperware, and 73challenger,

Information is a good thing MOST the time. We want Dodge to tell us something, but what would they say that we dont know.

Anyone has the right to rant, but is it right? Dodge built such a great car that many have waited 2 years or more. Cant kick them for that. They tried using the tracker, but once the car hits QC it could be at any other stage. It stays QC until it shows shipped (kz).
Old 07-02-2008, 03:26 PM

Here's how I came to grips with delays. When I ordered this vehicle I bought a 2008 3/4 model year car. Now, if we assume the model year starts in September, that means this car would be available beginning June. I don't think you start the first of June and deliver 6400 U.S. vehicles, they take time to build. Look, it's early July and these cars are starting to be delivered in quantity.

I understand the frustration of someone who ordered 12/3, their car built and sitting in inspection, but you want it to be right, not delivered to you with problems. If you ordered your car after December 4, you are a later build and there are many that orderd the first two days ahead of you, so your frustration should be tempered with that knowledge. Theoretically, if you get your car by the end of August they have fulfilled their promise to get you a 2008 3/4 model year car. Hopefully it won't be anywhere near that late.

Let me repeat, I understand your frustration and would be reacting the same way. I believe if your car is experiencing an abnormally long delay someone from Chrysler should be contacting you personally to tell you what is going on. That would qualify as "excellent" customer service, but really, we've almost become acccustomed to "no" customer service. Everyone has the right to be frustrated and angry, but hang in there, it will get there and you will be very satisfied.
Old 07-02-2008, 04:03 PM

Doesn't Clark Howard call it, "customer no-service"?

seems about right to me. Although i am new to the process. I "ordered" mine in April, I have noticed the long list of complaints on the site. Fortunately, I have not been agonizing over the process for as long as some. That having been said... it is torture to think that when my car gets to the final stages it will still take two weeks to get to me. I already have a GPS navigation unit. TELL ME where it is and i will go get it!!!!!

Old 07-02-2008, 04:29 PM

sfnc,

2 weeks I wished. My car was built on the 11th, VV has no future printed on it, it has not been updated since the 25th. It has been sitting basking in the sun since the 23rd in an unprotected parking lot. They way things are going I will be willing to bet you I will not see the car before the 11th of July. I wished someone could prove me wrong but not today. I was first to order at my dealership. The second car was built on the 23rd and has already shipped.

BTW: I'm not mad I am pi.... !
Old 07-02-2008, 04:44 PM

Wow... all the anger in the room. I have been on the same ride as everyone else... and you know what??? I am just happier than a pig in **** that I am even getting in on the deal to own one of these beasts. I have been a die hard Mopar Fanatic all my life and am just elated that I am having a chance to own THE COOLEST RETRO MUSCLE MOPAR IN PRODUCTION.... No, correction... THE COOLEST RETRO MUSCLE CAR EVER IN PRODUCTION... PERIOD.

You all need to think about what this means... this is a huge landmark in automobile history. CHILL OUT, HANG ON AND ENJOY THE RIDE ! ! !

Will probably never get better than this... Peace! Life is good!!
Old 07-02-2008, 05:01 PM

I know you've all heard it, but it is seriously worth the wait. I can't tell you how many rants I went on during this process to friends, family, and the forums on here and redletter.
My delivery date give by MY DEALER, was originally 6 May. I finally got the car on 23 June. I had more changes to the build schedule than there were changes in day. I saw my car change status from D1 to D and back to D1 4 times. Each change came with a new date. On top of that, my car sat in QC for 12 days. Shipping, you don't even want to go there. Shipping from KZ to pick up was 13 days. I was at the rail yard 20 miles from my dealer on a Thursday when it showed up. It sat in the rail yard until Monday morning before it was even loaded on a truck. I spoke directly with the truck company delivering the car that morning, and they stated the car would beat me to the dealer; that I should drive straight there. Well, after sitting at the dealer for 7 hours, it finally showed up. The truck driver decided to make the furthest delivery first saving my Challenger for last.

So all that to say, guys, we've all been there, experienced the delays, and gotten quit pi$$ed off. And the recurring theme is that you will forget about all the anger when you get your car.
I wrote Dodge a letter telling them where I was disappointed. Hopefully they will read it and hear me out. Overall, you have to remember, your car is paid for. You are no longer a potential customer, so in terms of these days, you may as well not even exist to them. They already have your money and if you decide not to get the car, someone else will gladly take your place. These cars are not going to sit on the lots, period. Even with the attrocious prices that some dealers are asking, people are gonna pay it. Some people have more money than brains and well, that sucks for most of us, but hey, that's how it goes.

Dodge f'd up more things in the process of preparing this car for market and bringing it to market; I agree with that.
But the bottom line is: the one thing that matters is the end product - the car. And guys, the car is mind blowing. You are getting the most amazing car on the road hands down.
I have a 1969 dart swinger that turns heads, but it doesn't compare to this car. At a local show this past week, a brand new Z06, viper, and GT500 were all present. NO ONE CARED!! The entire show was circled around the first Challenger they had seen in person. This car gets attention from everyone; I have even had young women and even teenagers ask me about this car.
The guy who drove the delivery truck to the dealership put it best...."you're gonna feel like a rockstar when you drive this car. People are going nuts over this thing."

Best of luck to you guys. I was in your shoes 10 days ago; tearing my hair out and getting pi$$ed off. Just try to remember the end goal and what you are getting. When it is there in your garage, you won't even think about all the garbage until well after the fact.
Old 07-02-2008, 05:03 PM

ORIGINAL: kevin2323

i had a feeling this was going to happen thats why i held off for later models
DITTO. One of the benefits of waiting till next year - forget all this "first year" madness.
Old 07-02-2008, 07:29 PM

70sguy - My car must be sitting next to yours. Mine was finished on the 11 and was sent to stripes and as of today it is still sitting there.

The original ship date that Dodge gave me was June 11, here it is July 2 and still no word.

I am beyond frustrated, I am actually to the point where I think it is all funny how bad they handled this launch.

I am hoping to have it sometime before August? I guess we will see.

Living in Michigan I am hoping to get it in time to enjoy for a couple of months at least before the snow hits!
Old 07-02-2008, 07:30 PM

Wow. some of you guys need to breath in, then out. Nice and slow. You will get your car. It's a first year production, cut Dodge some slack. I wonder what you guys who ordered first would be griping about had you got your car in May or June-but got a less than perfect car with all kinds of problems! Then we'd have to hear about how Dodge built a piece of crap!! At least Dodge is taking time to correct issues with production and quality. You should be grateful for that. Think back to when Ford first released the Focus. That first generation was awful (well, all of 'em are) but for that first gen-they had to SHUT THE PRODUCTION LINE DOWN to work out the bugs (and they still didn't get 'em all).

And, a story for you guys playing the waiting game. My dad, in 1972, ordered a Rally Red Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus. He had to wait a couple months for that, but then had to wait an additional month or so to wait for them to build him another car. Eventually, he found out what happened to his original order. It was being unloaded off the truck, and some dude could not resist the urge to take it for a spin. Well, he rolled it, so my dad had to wait to get another one built just like the one he ordered.

Quick Reply: Is anybody but me really mad?