Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes
27.78%
No
27.78%
I'll have to see the price first
11.11%
I'll need to see more specs/ pics first
0%
I'll have to drive one first
22.22%
I'll have to see on in person
11.11%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Is anyone suprised by the quality of the base model

Old 03-20-2008, 01:28 AM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Is anyone suprised by the quality of the base model

RLSH700, we're in agreement on the lack of a standard on the base. I think they nailed everything else (maybe the 4.0 like ya say would have been nice as well, performance package option down the road?).

If they were to drop a 5sp manual in the base, where would they get it do ya reckon? Are any Chysler products mated to the 4.0 w/ a manual?

Old 03-20-2008, 02:19 AM

I'm just glad the SE doesn't have the rear spoiler so we can see what the production version looks like without one. I was never much of a fan of the T/A models in the '70s, partly because I didn't like having a spoiler on the Challenger. I liked the fact the concept car didn't have one either. To me, the rear spoiler ruins the lines of the Challenger, and wonder if it might have been the cause of some of the criticism on this board of the production model's rear end when it was first introduced in Chicago. If I get the SE model (a high probability), I'll be perfectly happy not having one. And if I get the R/T model (my next choice), I'd definitely have it removed.
Old 03-20-2008, 02:33 AM

my 93 ford probe SE stands for special edition it is a little higher rated than regular probe but since they only have one v6 model with the challenger it could stand for standard edition who knows
Old 03-20-2008, 02:40 AM
Super Moderator

Roswell, I'm putting a Daytona/SuperBird 3 foot tall spoiler on mine.

Old 03-20-2008, 05:37 AM

hoowee[sm=icon_rock.gif]. We will see you coming. The spoiler doesn't really bother me eitherway, as much as the fuel cap. I hope the aftermarket takes care of it for us, or Dodge makes it an extra cost option.
Old 03-20-2008, 10:45 AM

ORIGINAL: joeyr

hoowee[sm=icon_rock.gif]. We will see you coming. The spoiler doesn't really bother me eitherway, as much as the fuel cap. I hope the aftermarket takes care of it for us, or Dodge makes it an extra cost option.
I don't think there's going to be much of a problem getting any sort of aftermarket items we want for the Challenger in another six months or so.
Old 03-20-2008, 07:00 PM

ORIGINAL: lear4406
The base SE is one nice looking ride and the introduction of the R/T has me rethinking my choice. I really like the 375 HP 6-speed alot. I'm leaning more in that direction now.
I'm very torn too... If Dodge is offering that lifetime warranty on the R/T come September, it may tip me away from a SRT. The 5.7L is a solid motor, and the 6.1L is going to be a fuel guzzler compared to it...
Old 03-20-2008, 07:37 PM
Super Moderator

To me, the rear spoiler ruins the lines of the Challenger, and wonder if it might have been the cause of some of the criticism on this board of the production model's rear end when it was first introduced in Chicago.
Just remember that is does add to the aerodynamic efficiency and it there for a reason.

If you remove it, it will effect your 160 MPH speed on I-35.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.