Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Call from Chrysler

Old 09-23-2008, 06:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Call from Chrysler

Anyone else get a call from Chrylser/Challenger team asking how you like the Challenger? What you would change? Options you would add, etc? I mentioned that I would have liked to have seen a Shaker Hood and he told me I wasn't the first one to say that and maybe down the line it would happen.

Old 09-23-2008, 06:24 PM

Default RE: Call from Chrysler

Nope, wish I did..
Old 09-23-2008, 07:39 PM

You know one thing I REALLY wish I could get rid of? The rear-seat headrests. Every time I look out the right rear side window, I see one out of the corner of my eye and I keep thinking something is coming up on me from the rear. Besides, the whole point of having a two-door car is to discourage people from riding in the back seat. Hence, they're unnecessary.
Old 09-24-2008, 05:29 AM

Yeah, getting rid of the rear seat head rest would be nice since I'm always looking to see the other cars I'm leaving behind .

Seriously, I would like to see SRT8 to come standard with Nitrogen in the tires since it is being pushed as a "Green" initiative. (A contradiction for the gas guzzling beast that it is). Also like to see the owners manual updated to include lift points for rotating tires. I'm assuming the 4 rubber pads located infront of rear tires and behind front tires are the jack points, but it is not clearly stated in the manual. Lastly, put the radio controls on the back of the steering wheel and move the cruise control to the front. When doing fast turns I end up hitting the cruise control wand which is distracting.
Old 09-24-2008, 07:20 AM

No phone call, but a while back a few MML members said that they were invited to join a Chrysler on-line opinon group to offer feedback on the new Challenger and other Chrysler products...I believe you had to be a past Mopar owner to participate but can't remember. If I can find more information, I will post at a later date. It was before I purchased my new Challenger, so don't really pay much attention.

A few "what-ifs", ....not needed but nice to see..........perhaps............

*Would also like to see a shaker Hood option (orignial style and size, not like the smaller one offered for the new Charger)
*Power Passenger seat (come on it's a $40,000+ auto, I've had a lot cheaper cars that had both seats powered)
*A bit more "upscale" interior trim on dash
*Would also like to "lose" the rear seat headrests
*Rear window louvers (like offered on the 70 model) Chances are I wouldn't use them, but would be nice to see again...
*A true "Go-Wing" (like the 71 style) not the same as what Chrysler is now offering

Overall Chrysler did a great job.......love the new Challenger the way it is and really no great need to change any thing.....................
Old 09-24-2008, 08:38 AM

I mentioned some of the things you guys have noted, but like Joe I said I had no real complaints about the car itself.

I did mention that I thought Chrysler should have had better communication about the status of our cars and that the waiting part was painful. He said he understood but they wanted everything to be right with the vehicle before they shipped. The guy was really personable and spent about 20-30 minutes with me. Nice to know they are listening and care what their customers think.

Old 09-24-2008, 05:52 PM

I was surprised that climate control was not offered (set temp and forget about fiddling with fan speed and temp, two zones). The keyless go would make so much more sense if the car automatically unlocked as you approached. It's frustrating to get the key out of your pocket as you would a normal car just to inlock it. Other than that I am tickled hemi orange with it.