Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Challenger Production begins June 2008

Old 03-13-2007, 03:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Challenger Production begins June 2008

Ok, first of all there have been no noticable changes on the assembly lines at the Plant ( Brampton ) We are scheduled for our 3 week shut down in early August ( thats when the major line nodifications will most likely happen ) As far as any new info on the Challenger , sadly I have none. We are all hoping things are moving along at a fast pace, we want to build them as soon as possible !!!! - taken from Bap_Worker.

The Challenger won't start production until 2008. Whether its March or June. The Brampton plant will need to be retooled or modified for the Challenger. An as stated above, it looks like August when they shut down will this happen. I wish after that they could start producing it, but they need to make pre-production units first to make sure everything working like it should(panels fit right, electronics work, drivetrain, fix any bugs,etc), also need to a few for crash testing.

Old 03-13-2007, 04:31 PM

Sorry, to clarify, the dealer in Canada said August 2008. As far as whether the announcement/commitment as to whether a convertible is to be made or not and the dealer taking my deposit - I really don't care. If the car is not made, I get my deposit back. If the car is made and it is the SRT-8 model with a big fat 6.4 Hemi in it, and is limited somewhat in production, then I will be first in line, get mine and get it at MSRP. OK it costs me a couple of bucks in interest lost bewteen now and 2009 on the deposit - but who cares, I would have spent it on something else anyway - like a couch or something. Trust me driving a Challenger Convertible over a couch wins every time.

I actually talked to a few dealers locally and ALL of them were willing to take deposits on the convertible. Trust me it will be made, if nothing else to compete with the 2009 Camaro convertible and the GT500 convertible. I actually had a deposit on the GT500 and pulled it recently becuase of the upcoming Challenger. Just hoping for selfish reasons that the Hemi Challenger is limited in production like the GT500.

Old 03-13-2007, 04:50 PM

My belief is Dodge will continue to produce the Challenger as long as orders come flying in for them, but they will cut them off eventually as the car is supposively a limited production run car per MY year. What I am hoping for is that the Challenger stays in production for at least 4yrs, hopefully more. As for a convertible version, it might not happen until after the first MY production run happens. I do think they will come out with it, but time will tell.
Old 03-13-2007, 06:59 PM

Fellas,

I don't know what to say. I am just repeating the 2 newspaper articles that say Challenger production is to begin this June 2007.

another tidbit I found on gminsidenews also states that the Challenger production is to begin. I will e-mail the writer and ask for more clarifaction.

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=46287

Here is his quote:

DuSpinnst
Re: CAW reversal on DCX Brampton concessions

Pre-production (S0) begins at Pilot this April. If they are fast tracking the Pilot process it could be in Brampton for S1 by June (technically Spring).

Furthermore, here is the link to the Toronto Star which says that Dodge Challenger production is to begin June 2007

http://www.thestar.com/article/190737

In any event, I will keep my ears to the ground, eyes peeled and mouth shut and try to get some more information
Old 03-13-2007, 09:30 PM
Rob

Crap...I'm gonna go talk to this guy myself. Toronto Star. June 2008. June 2007. I'm all confused. lol