Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

did anyone see/post this?

Old 06-22-2006, 05:22 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: did anyone see/post this?

Sure the price differences will be the same once the demands are met. However, price and demand will be out of wack since demand will be high and so will price.

Look at the current prices of the GT500. Is it worth the prices people are currently paying .......no! But the demand is high and so is thw WOW factor. The same thing will
happen here. Sorry that is marketing 101.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 06-22-2006, 05:30 PM
Administrator

but thats different...those GT500 prices include dealership markup, which ill get around...the GT500 msrp is only 40,900 for the coupe...and while people will pay top dollar for the first of them, eventually it will level out, just like the new mustang GT did. im lucky enough to know one of the highest volume female dcx saleswoman in the US, which doesnt sound like much, but its enough to get around markup...thanks to the family pricing...

if the price of the challenger is, say, 35,000...thats the price that people should pay...but still, people will pay a TON over msrp at first, because they want to be the first ones on the block...i dont care about being the first.

RLSH700, you are not the only person with whom i have discussed the price to the point of nausea, and the other person had the same low-priced, how-horsepower view as you, and i sure as hell hope that youre both right.
Old 06-22-2006, 05:44 PM
Super Moderator

Well thank you Patrick, and I hope that I and the other person is correct as well.

Jeremiah, I'm well aware of marketing since it is my part of my dual-major. I have said consistently that I believe it will be at least $2,000-3,000 higher than the Mustang in prices. I'm not doubting that the dealerships will inflate the prices initally due to demand, but I believe things will calm down after they have been out for a while, and they will probably be the price range I listed higher than the Mustang. Therefore, I believe we are in agreement on this part that the price will be temporarily inflated. Do we need to argue again about why the Challenger will be justified if they do charge $2,000-3,000 more (I really hope we don't because I'm tired of sounding like a broken record)?

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 06-22-2006, 05:57 PM
Super Moderator

Nope.....I think we are in total agreement.

I like 1 Bad Mirada plan to wait and not be the first one.

I am just not sure if I will get one late in the first year or in the 2nd year after the bugs are out.

I hate to miss out on the 1st year collectibles but I would rather a bug free car. Any thoughts on that?
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 06-22-2006, 06:02 PM
Super Moderator

Frankly, I never want a first year anything. The bugs are a real pain. I'd rather have the truely superior car that will last longer because it was put together properly, and didn't cost as much. Plus, I need to have the money to purchase it first, so I am in agreement with you on waiting. My family has sworn we will never buy another first year vehicle after our '91 Caravan (so many recalls, so little time), it wasn't that it was unreliable, far from it, it just had tons of recalls. It is better to wait in my very bias opinion!

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 06-22-2006, 06:34 PM
Super Moderator

I like your thought process on that issue.

I just hope in the following years year they enhance the Challenger and do not take away the performance or looks.

Back in the day they would change the Challenger to have a lower compression engine as an example.

That is my biggest fear in waiting.
Old 06-22-2006, 06:43 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks! I doubt they will change that much in one year; however, a person back at DF is making a claim that the 6.1L is supposed to receive a huge hp boost. This guy is not one of the top memebers like TechmanBD, or Patrick (aka. 1 Bad Mirada & BadStratRT) so I'm taking his remakes with a mountain of salt.

As far as the compression ratios go, with current technology that isn't always bad. For example, in the Intrepid (and Chrysler and Eagle versions as well) the 3.5L started out with a 10.4 to 1 compression ratio, in either 95 or 96 they dropped it down to a 9.6 to 1 compression ratio. The output remained the same as did the acceleration. Technology improved to where they didn't need the higher compression ratio. I won't worry.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 06-22-2006, 06:55 PM
Administrator

i have no interest in my challenger being a collectable...and if the pricing is right, i plan to finish the break in period driving the norwalk dragstrip....its 121 miles...
Old 06-22-2006, 06:58 PM
Super Moderator

Well, again that is just an example what if they change the scoops like the butterfly valves, dashboard, or maybe the front or rear grille etc, etc..

Again, I will just be patient and keep tabs on what they are doing with the yearly changes.
Old 06-22-2006, 07:52 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: 1 Bad Mirada

i have no interest in my challenger being a collectable...and if the pricing is right, i plan to finish the break in period driving the norwalk dragstrip....its 121 miles...
If your going to break an engine in, you might as well do it right. I like that idea!

Jeremiah, good luck to you on finding one that fits your fansy. I think all of them will eventually be a collectors item.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Quick Reply: did anyone see/post this?