Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

did anyone see/post this?

Old 06-27-2006, 11:45 AM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: did anyone see/post this?

ORIGINAL: 1 Bad Mirada

it sounds like you need to request a new guidance counselor!
That IS my guidance counselor, and the sad thing is he is the BETTER one! I never want to hear from my instructors again about any company "gouging" or "making unfair profits" or "the evil of cooperations because they want to make *gasp* PROFITS." These universities and colleges are the biggest crooks ever. They charge insane prices for tuition, books, room and board, technology fees, and anything else they can rip off of you, then they get tax money which I pay for as well. Then they keep raising prices every year. "We have to because it is getting more expensive every year." Yes and here is why. You keep redoing the sidewalks and roads in the campus every year (and I am not exagerating about this), you pay top dollar for speakers on campus which so happen to lean far to the left-they haven't had a conservative speaker in over 6 years-(they had Michael Moore, John Kerry, Ted Kennedy, some lady named Chow, and someone else who escapes my memory), you tare down perfectly good buildings (<50 years old) for no good reason just to build new ones, you remodel buildings every year. I am not kidding about any of this or extending the truth, they waste money like there is no tomorrow. Okay I'm done...for now.[sm=rant.gif]

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 06-29-2006, 01:20 PM

ORIGINAL: awsure

Read it last night. Seems a bit contradictory to me though. Claims a production run of only 20,000-30,000 cars. If that's true I find it unlikely that the price point is in the low 30's. I'm no expert on production levels but seems to me the formula is low numbers equals higher price.

Anyone concur?
Take the low number and cut it in half and subtract 2 for first year.

But what do I know?
Old 06-29-2006, 03:02 PM
Administrator

that sounds awful, as it would make it another high priced elitist vehicle that no one will drive or Really use, just like the viper...
Old 06-29-2006, 06:59 PM

If I was in DCX shoes I think I would look at the demographics of the Mustang buyer as my model rather than the Viper buyer. I think the first couple years of production offers a temptation for them to release only top end models and gain higher margins on fewer vehicles. They then could phase in six cylinder lower cost models in following years. This strategy also might help them produce the vehicle with their current production facilities (which sound strained).

Thoughts?
Old 06-29-2006, 07:08 PM
Super Moderator

I have considered this one quite a bit. I wouldn't be surprised if they do this. The thing to remember was a first the only models we knew about the LX cars were the HEMI models, the info for the V6s came later. In fact, some at first thought the new Charger would have the following engine line: the 3.7L V6, the 4.7L V8, and the 5.7L HEMI V8. This came out after the Magnum and 300 series was already released. Some even claimed it wouldn't have the 6.1L SRT-8 package. There are a lot of rumors. That is why I decide not to get upset about rumors because A. I don't have any real control and B. Rumors are not always accurate, in fact they are rarely accurate.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts