Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Edmunds Report on 2008 Challenger Sales

Old 01-07-2008, 02:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Edmunds Report on 2008 Challenger Sales

ORIGINAL: dionvos
IF this letter uploaded properly it should speak for itself.
Interesting how just a few days later they deleted the build information on the final pre-sell memo. I suspect that someone got wise and decided it would be best to not commit to any production numbers until after the initial pre-order results were in.

ORIGINAL: dionvos
I also would like to add that if you think I just spent hours emailing thousands of dealers just because I have a lot of time on my hands and so I could come on this site to be an authority, you could not be more incorrect. The reason I did it was to purchase the cheapest challengers that were available.
Like many people, I figure car salesman always have a lot of time on their hands, at least it's never hard to find one available at a dealership. Nothing wrong with buying them at MSRP, especially if you can find customers willing to pay the piper, and as we have seen there are a lot of them out there. As far as your "reasons" for emailing all of the dealers, your post was not all that clear that purchasing Challengers at MSRP was your main goal.

Old 01-07-2008, 02:19 AM

ORIGINAL: BootCamp
I've been bouncing between the SRT8 and the R/T - both with the 6 speed.....just can't decide if I want to sacrifice 425+HP to get exactly the options I want (pedastal spoiler instead of the flip spoiler, for one), whether I'm willing to forego a lifetime warranty on the powertrain, and whether I want to pay the gas-guzzler tax up front and use only premium fuel afterward. If the new 5.7L HEMI with VVT comes out specced as I expect, that MAY make my decision easier (I could settle for 370HP and enjoy the benefits of better fuel mileage, no GG tax and the lifetime warranty without sacrificing too much HP in the process - kinda like "having my cake and eat it too). Decisions, decisions........

The news about the Dark Titanium Metallic paint is excellent! That was a choice I was hoping to have. My friend ordered a Mustang GT in that color when they were first restyled in 2005 and it looked awesome on that car. That's a serious consideration for me - I was thinking Brilliant Black Metallic before this info, but that's so hard to keep clean. This would be an excellent alternative.
A tough decision indeed, quite a price difference between the R/T SRT with all factors considered. As far as the Titanium I am not sure if they will be offered in all three models, it may not be made available on the SRT since they tend to limit colors for those models.

ORIGINAL: BootCamp
Feel free to keep me/us posted as you get any info. I appreciate it. Thanks!
Will do, you never know what might show up in one place or another.
Old 01-07-2008, 06:41 AM

Any inside news on the vert? The perfect car for me including price would be the R/T vert hemi w/o the guzzler tax. Man i hate taxes! Also give me another year to save.
Old 01-07-2008, 07:14 AM

ORIGINAL: davidstan

Any inside news on the vert? The perfect car for me including price would be the R/T vert hemi w/o the guzzler tax. Man i hate taxes! Also give me another year to save.
Vote for Ron Paul or Mike Huckabee then. Fair tax ftw!

All though even with fair tax you'd probably still have to pay gas guzzler taxes. Still doesn't changet the fact that the fair tax system kicks ass.
Old 01-07-2008, 07:43 AM

Allpar has updated thier page after about three weeks of no new news. The are reporting that Chrysler has upped the 2008 MY Challenger production figures to 10,000 due to demand, with 9,000 units sold as of January 3, 2008. They give credit of the news to thier reliable source "oh20".
Old 01-07-2008, 10:09 AM

All right, this is what I've been told today. Now there's no direct confirmation on how many units will be produced, but all they'll say is that the first 4500 Challengers in 08 will be Orange, so it looks like they are upping the production, just no exact confirmation on the total number.

If that's the case, even I'll think the $20k mark up is a little rediculous. If they kept the 08's limited to 5000 total units, then I could see them feesably going for that much.
Old 01-07-2008, 11:01 AM

Are you now assuming I am a salesman?
Old 01-07-2008, 11:49 AM

ORIGINAL: AnthonyAtAkins

All right, this is what I've been told today. Now there's no direct confirmation on how many units will be produced, but all they'll say is that the first 4500 Challengers in 08 will be Orange, so it looks like they are upping the production, just no exact confirmation on the total number.

If that's the case, even I'll think the $20k mark up is a little rediculous. If they kept the 08's limited to 5000 total units, then I could see them feesably going for that much.
The exclusivity of the 08 is dropping by the second.
Old 01-07-2008, 01:32 PM

The dealership (Dodge City of McKinney,TX called me to let me know that Chrysler cut back production and that I may not be getting mine that I had ordered. They then told me if I did get it I would have to bid on it in order to get it.

What the heck is the SALES PREVENTION team at the dealerships trying to do?

Can anyone help me get more information or am I going to have to bid at a auction on the model that I had ordered?

Old 01-07-2008, 01:55 PM

I was afraid for this day. All I can do to help is offer some of my leads to you. I think your post is going to be a common thing, unfortuneatly. I myself have been there. I had 2 additional challengers purchased and experienced the same thing. I know what happened a better offer came along for that dealer. If i can help I will. Send me an email.

i

Quick Reply: Edmunds Report on 2008 Challenger Sales