Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Forget about your ORDERED Challenger

Old 01-26-2008, 01:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Forget about your ORDERED Challenger

ORIGINAL: AnthonyAtAkins

I sell Dodges and the origional poster is grossly misinformed. If you have a VIN for your order, you'll be seeing your car. We only have one car that actually has a VIN, but we're hoping Dodge sends us one or two more because we're a very high volume store.

Just because you ordered a car from a dealership that is either shady or doesn't know what they're doing, doesn't mean all dealerships are like that. Our dealership is very active in the community, doing charity work, and keeping an honest image. When we have people buy from us, we don't want to earn their business for the one sale. We want their business for the rest of their life, so it's not really good to lie or be shady with them. Doesn't work out too well now a days.
This just further confirms what we've been told about each dealer guaranteed a minimum of one '08 Challenger SRT8. I assume the "additional" Challengers you're seeking will depend on the status and destination of the other 6,399 scheduled to be produced.
Good luck in getting a chance to sell one!
Old 01-26-2008, 01:27 PM

I love selling cars like that...Just getting to go to fill these cars that are "undrivable" to us to go fill them up with gas and clean them up is a real treat. I also love selling them because you get to see people getting their dreams fulfilled, and it's really fun to be a part of that, especially when it's a car like this that people have waited a very long time for.

I do like when fun cars like that are traded in because then we can at least take them in a spin around the block. When they're new, the customers that buy them want as little miles as possible, so no test drives lol.

Plus I'm a sports car nut, so I really get into talking about them to customers. I mean it's easy for me to get carried away talking about these cars to customers, but the hard part is trying to show that same enthusiasm for PT Cruisers and Caravans lol.
Old 01-26-2008, 02:01 PM

Hey I see you're at a dealer in GA. I live in cumming. I will be looking for probably a V6 challenger when they become available. The 2 dodge dealers near me, mall of ga and troncolli haven't really impressed me so I'm looking for somewhere to get my car. I'm not in a position to be paying over msrp and will be looking for a good deal so keep us posted on what you're getting in! I'll probably be looking for the basic package preferably in sublime!! It's good to see someone at a dealership actually interested in the car they'll be selling. Nobody at the other dealerships knew ANYTHING about the challenger.
Old 01-26-2008, 04:02 PM

Im also in georgia and actually live by the mall of georgia. I am getting mine for msrp through barrett dodge in athens. If athens isn't too far for you call them and ask for Woody Sowder. He is a really nice guy and pretty knowledgeable on whats going on.
Old 01-26-2008, 04:25 PM

AnthonyAtAkins
Happens to be right.......................
Once you place a order like I did on my Stang GT you will not get a VIN# till they pull your car at Dodge to be built....( a dealer cannot give you a Vin# when you order one}
Yes I was in fords System but they never pulled my car to be built.So I never had a VIN#.....
The real question is how many people have VIN#s right now that have ORDERED a Challenger???
My feeling is NONE or maybe a FEW.........
Easy way as I said before is to call Dodges 800# to see if your car has a VIN#
or is it still in LIMBO???
As to my past queation,,,,out of the 10,000 2008s that have been ORDERED NOT Allocated will have a VIN# NOW???
I am not looking to break balls,I am also looking to get a Challenger.
But its nice to see what you are dealing with when you order this car......JT
Old 01-26-2008, 04:56 PM

I have my Challenger on order, with allocation and a VON#, whatever that is. I wonder if many of these that were ordered had allocation or the dealers were just taking the money to hold. Isn't the allocation the most important thing, or is that another smokescreen? Out of the 9K+ that were ordered how many had allocation, any guesses?
Old 01-26-2008, 05:01 PM

ORIGINAL: Johnnytuinals

AnthonyAtAkins
Happens to be right.......................
Once you place a order like I did on my Stang GT you will not get a VIN# till they pull your car at Dodge to be built....( a dealer cannot give you a Vin# when you order one}
Yes I was in fords System but they never pulled my car to be built.So I never had a VIN#.....
The real question is how many people have VIN#s right now that have ORDERED a Challenger???
My feeling is NONE or maybe a FEW.........
Easy way as I said before is to call Dodges 800# to see if your car has a VIN#
or is it still in LIMBO???
As to my past queation,,,,out of the 10,000 2008s that have been ORDERED NOT Allocated will have a VIN# NOW???
I am not looking to break balls,I am also looking to get a Challenger.
But its nice to see what you are dealing with when you order this car......JT
Buddy, read the replies and other threads in this forum..........THEY'RE NOT IN PRODUCTION YET! How can ANYONE get a VIN for something that hasn't hit the assembly line - and probably won't for several weeks yet???
Sorry your FORD DEALER SCREWED YOU (maybe they never PLACED YOUR ORDER with Ford in the first place - get past it!), but that's not the case here / yet.
I assume you ARE here because you're interested in getting a Challenger, not to vent your frustration over a past contract with another dealership and manufacturer. If you're just basing how Dodge will handle Challenger orders on your past poor experience with the Ford dealership, YOU'RE COMPARING APPLES TO ORANGES! Different company - under new management - making a different car in a different system. If you're just bashing the auto industry in general, maybe you should seek out the help of a Chamber of Commerce in your area, or the U S Attorney General's Office for a breach of contract. But whizzing in the water here will gain you no respect or favor.
Old 01-26-2008, 05:22 PM

OK... from my experience:

Customer goes to dealer and orders said automobile, in this case the limited production '08 SRT8 Dodge Challenger.

Dealer places order for Challenger and receives a VON (vehicle order number) for the automobile.

Dodge has not yet decided how many they will make at this early stage in the game. Dodge sees an overwhelming response to the initial offering but has already loosely commented that 5,000 or so units would be produced and that EVERY DEALERSHIP would receive AT LEAST ONE of said automobile.

Dodge pulls orders of cars up to the 5,000 units and minimum one per dealer rules. Thus 5,000 orders have been pulled and allocated based on dealer sales history, when the orders were place from the originating dealers etc.. THEN ups the production to 6,400 units.

Dodge then allocates the remaining production allocation to dealers based on dealer sales history, when the orders were place from the originating dealers. 1,400 additional units have now been allocated to dealers.

When I placed my order (#1 for this particular dealer) my order was pulled within a week of the order and moved to a status "C". A few days later the #2 order for this dealer was also pulled and blessed with the status "C". Others were ordered, but none followed to the beloved level of the status "C". It was only after Dodge raised the official production to 6,400 units that the #3 order acheived the level of status "C".

Status "C" in Mopar land is apparently the level that dictates wether the car is on the road to production or not. If you can confirm your order to be in status "C" with Dodge... you are GOLDEN. To do this call Dodge with your VON and ask to check status on your order. The number is 1-800-992-1997. If they cannot find the status call back another time and try again as some of the reps apparently are challenged(no pun intended ) in this area. I had to call twice.

Status "C" for those who might not know indicates the order has been pulled and approved, awaiting scheduling for production. Hope this helps out those who may be wondering... Cheers!!
Old 01-26-2008, 05:32 PM

Geeeeee if you read my PAST post I said that the dealer put my order into ford motor company at the time I put my deposit down.
Yessss I think I also said I kept calling fords 800# and it has my order but it was never PULLED so I would get a VIN# ....
I think I also said I was was not the only one that got SCREWED with this system????
I am sure GM and Dodge do things the same way when you order a Car......
You put your money down and you get a contract
Then you wait for your vin#
and then your delivery of the car?
I thinks thats pretty simple............................
But lets see when they start making the Challenger and how many people will get a Vin#???????
To me it was a greatttttt learning experiance not to trust any auto dealer..
Funny I buy new cars every 2 or 3 years and have yet to see the the same salesperson that sold me my last car,,,,makes yea wonder why there is a high turn over in salespeople?????JT

Old 01-26-2008, 05:41 PM

I think the dealer is allocated the cars First as you said depends on the dealership......
Then the orders are filled after the dealer gets his allocation.........
To me it does not leave many cars for the people that ordered one.Look on Ebay and see
how many dealers are selling these cars already.Its their allocations and NOT ordered cars?
Yep I remember getting my VON# when I put my deposit down,,,but I think you need a dealer#
also for the info.........Geart work mopar2ya

Quick Reply: Forget about your ORDERED Challenger