Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

I am hearing horror stories about some Dealers and I will not be one. Read More

Old 05-16-2008, 12:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I am hearing horror stories about some Dealers and I will not be one. Read More

Thank you guys for the kind words and any of you need anything I will be glad to help or offer advice, whether I can sell you a car or not. I do not like when people are lied to or taken advantage of by bad dealers.
Old 05-16-2008, 01:30 PM

Default RE: I am hearing horror stories about some Dealers and I will not be one. Read More

I find that many of the large corporate dealers will really play a bunch of money games. A magician is no better. Add on galore, in addition to finance tricks etc. You must know your business. It is good to see a reputable dealer that works for and with the consumer and would rather have repeat business. The big corporate dealer seem to buy and sell dealerships often so they don't care if you come back or not.
Old 05-16-2008, 01:51 PM

Interesting banter between neil and 73CUDA340. Brings an idea -- Why don't all of the members on this site, as well as our families and friends, get together and approach 3-10 dealers, or more, with a mass purchase. One of the moderators or someone like Justinec ,can organize. LEAR440 has the right idea -- Fly to somewhere USA, get in our Challengers, and drive...
Old 05-16-2008, 05:15 PM

lew showrank - Lol - that's not a bad idea, only problem is the logistics of making it happen.
banter? ad hominem actually [sm=icon_quiet.gif]. Aren't all car dealers those slimy creatures [sm=alien.gif] that crawl out from the mud flats? [sm=proof.gif] [sm=imsmilin.gif]
I was not attacking you personally anyway. I am pleased to learn of your assistance to those in this forum that do not have any other access to "insider" knowledge. I was speaking out for those whom have to deal with unscrupulous dealers who gouge and screw customers.
5, 10, 15 even 20K over MSRP. As it has been said, "a few bad apples...." [sm=closed.gif]

I wonder how many of those cute littel smilely faces I can get in a single post ...

Neil, I am glad to learn you are among the trusted - Bob's, Don's and other internet dealers willing to help out a fellow ethusiast by not gouging.

BTW, subject change - npeifer were you one of the dealers screaming for more colors? Was anyone listening, not just hearing? What was their response? I have been speaking out loudly at the Customer Advisory Board. I sometimes wonder if they (sic Chrysler's representatives) don't just smile and wave. They did not seem to comprehend or grasp the immediacy of the request. Comments?

Again, good selling and peace to you brother
Old 05-16-2008, 05:38 PM

npeifer, I too have seen and read lots of your posts and agree 100% that your an honest guy with high morals and truly want to help and have helped many on this forum. I hope that if and when I can get a order for a 2009 in that I don't have any trouble with it. But from what I've seen and heard here on lots of post scares the hell out of me and I hope if needed you will help me and I'd gladly drive to Ohio from New Jersey if need be or at the least I may ask you to help with all those crazy " build codes". What a mess that is. In anycase keep up the good work and know that your doing just GREAT!, FATCAT
Old 05-16-2008, 05:58 PM

Neil,
I do not want to put your on the spot, but I have a hypothectical question. Say If ordered a 2009 srt challenger when could I honestly expect it? Are all colors available for 2009 srt? Can you order any of the accessories factory installed? headers,intakes, exhaust?

My dealer acted as though the 2009's would be as long of a wait as the 2008's.
Old 05-16-2008, 06:31 PM

hey FATCAT, I know where you can do invoice+margin split (I did better), plus a drop ship, or, you could take a flight to NH and drive home. It's only four hours, 8^) beats going to Ohio. But actually, you should be able to negotiate with any dealer in your area a similar package, uplift splits look pretty popular right now. I think in a few months it may be even more soft, but you won't have an early build (show off factor). Actually, thinking out loud, I think R/T's may be the mroe difficult ones to get significally below MSRP because Chrysler is counting on this vehicle being the volume sell. Though the demand will be high, it will be the "wow" factor to the masses that causes it to remain highly priced and valued (my guess). The SRT8's are more for the enthusiast who have either silly throw-away money and will pay hansomly, or, if they are cleaver/creative work a sweet deal with a dealer.

of course in two years, this is all meaningless, you will be able to buy them like a charger.
I wish you well. I am sure you will eventually do well. The longer you wait the better you will do.
Old 05-16-2008, 06:56 PM

73Cuda34, I don't expect you to know any of my history but believe me if you care to look back at my posts you will see thats its in no way that I haven't tried REALLY HARD to buy a Challenger! THis is no BULL , I have personally by phone, E-mail and or personal visit contacted 47 dealers in many states! Most in the Tri state area of NJ, NY, PA , but also in Il. Mich, St Louis Ms. New Orleans LA, and Orlando FL, along with a few in Conn. I have the cash as I've been saving for 2 years now and I've tried to buy, order, or place a deposit ever since DODGE sent me an E-mail letting me know I could go to my local dealer on DEC 3, 2007 and place an order. I've tried everything sionce then and have got nowhere and you say be patient,......LOL I even have tried most of them to order a 2009 and get the same stonewalling.

So if you have a dealer name, a salesmans name and or Dealership address and phone number that will definitely order me a 2009 please E-mail me with any info that will help me and I promise I'll calm down! ARGHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh LOL.....heres my E-mail; address wboyd18993@aol.com go ahead , I'm not afraid and I'm ready to pay cash too . Aha ha ha ha......oh and please, its "FATCAT " not Fatface, OK [:-]
Old 05-16-2008, 07:18 PM

You got mail
ORIGINAL: fatcat

73Cuda34, I don't expect you to know any of my history but believe me if you care to look back at my posts you will see thats its in no way that I haven't tried REALLY HARD to buy a Challenger! THis is no BULL , I have personally by phone, E-mail and or personal visit contacted 47 dealers in many states! Most in the Tri state area of NJ, NY, PA , but also in Il. Mich, St Louis Ms. New Orleans LA, and Orlando FL, along with a few in Conn. I have the cash as I've been saving for 2 years now and I've tried to buy, order, or place a deposit ever since DODGE sent me an E-mail letting me know I could go to my local dealer on DEC 3, 2007 and place an order. I've tried everything sionce then and have got nowhere and you say be patient,......LOL I even have tried most of them to order a 2009 and get the same stonewalling.

So if you have a dealer name, a salesmans name and or Dealership address and phone number that will definitely order me a 2009 please E-mail me with any info that will help me and I promise I'll calm down! ARGHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh LOL.....heres my E-mail; address wboyd18993@aol.com go ahead , I'm not afraid and I'm ready to pay cash too . Aha ha ha ha......oh and please, its "FATCAT " not Fatface, OK [:-]
Old 05-16-2008, 07:29 PM

FATCAT,, yeah, I was trying to make a really bad pun, sorry. see the smilely peeling out.... never mind, sorry. 8^)

I will contact you, or you can contact me. Just don't yell at me like you did last time. lol and I will introduce you to a close friend at a dealership my cousin has influence at. I will help you do better than MSRP.

Peace brother

Quick Reply: I am hearing horror stories about some Dealers and I will not be one. Read More