Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

I am hearing horror stories about some Dealers and I will not be one. Read More

Old 05-16-2008, 08:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I am hearing horror stories about some Dealers and I will not be one. Read More

I don't really know how to feel about any of this... but i will state what happend when I bought my Hemi in 03' the first year they were offered in the 5.7 model. I waited till the end of July and the 04's were about to come out Dodge already had re-bates and cash back on them I found exactly what I wanted and the color (Slt 4x4 Hemi Single Cab)
Im sure that if we all wait till summer of 09' we'll get re-bates or cash back or what-ever...
Old 05-16-2008, 08:26 PM

Default RE: I am hearing horror stories about some Dealers and I will not be one. Read More

fat cat...try dave mugenast dodge in alton illinois....google em for contact infor...they are decent people..they may be able to help you..i have been in there several times and they are as frustated as you..they too have no idea whats going on with the chally....i just throw that out for you..it may be worth a try....now...best dealer for mustangs is ketting ford in granite city...no adms and the manager to the grunts in the new car lot know every detail of mustang....i know this is a mopar site...there are some good dealers out there who really do bust their butt trying to make us (customer) happy...good luck

ps...if you know a crappy dealer...slam away...my $$$$$$$ will not go to the retard dealers period
Old 05-17-2008, 05:02 AM

ORIGINAL: 70sguy

Neil,
I do not want to put your on the spot, but I have a hypothectical question. Say If ordered a 2009 srt challenger when could I honestly expect it? Are all colors available for 2009 srt? Can you order any of the accessories factory installed? headers,intakes, exhaust?

My dealer acted as though the 2009's would be as long of a wait as the 2008's.

Good point that you bring up...

I could have whatever Mopar accessories you guys want installed when you pick up your car such as intakes, headers, exhaust and whatever else they make. I would even offer a deal like 10% over cost (plus labor) for all accessories purchased with the Challenger ? Just a thought since of course I have access to my shop.

The SRT8 colors for 2009 at this time are:

Bright Silver
Brilliant Black
Hemi Orange
TorRed

I am being told that 2009 production will start after the mandatory 2 week layoff of all Chrysler employees that starts the first part of July, so they should start building them mid-late July. My best guess would be 2009 deliveries would start in mid-late August, so sometime during or after that but no guarantees oof course.

Old 05-17-2008, 07:58 AM

I think many of us have had the experience of going to a dealership and getting the "wrong" salesperson. You know what I'm talking about, someone you just don't connect with for whatever reason. Then later, you go in to the same dealership and find a person who seems genuine, honest, and you work well with and the difference in the shopping experience is completely changed. Not until we need service do we actually find out about the "dealership". So when we talk about dealers, most times we are talking about how your salesperson treats you.

My salesperson is absolutely the "best", checks status several times a day and lets me know of any change. We seem to have hit it off and it makes a huge difference in how I am treated and the things he will do for "me". Would I get the same treatment if I had gotten a different salesperson, maybe, but probably not.

Old 05-17-2008, 10:35 AM

That is why as a dealer I ask my salesperson to allow another salesperson to talk to the customer if they are not hitting it off. Sometimes personality differences can mean the world for people. This is not done as high pressure in my store only to see if the customer is getting the most benefit possible by visiting my dealership.
Old 05-17-2008, 12:24 PM

All this is exactly why I'll wait to buy my Challenger when they're actually sitting on the dealers' lots. That way, I can breeze in, pick out whichever one I want, write out a check and be gone. No fuss, no muss, no bother.
Old 05-17-2008, 12:34 PM

I would love to have the capability to do that, RoswellGrey, hehe. I'm just too worried that if I wait (especially with an SRT8) that i'll have almost zero chance at getting the car optioned precisely as I want and in the color I want. It's worth it for me to have the piece of mind to have one on order in my name w/deposit. I don't have to worry -- just kick back and relax. Though definitely more power to you if you're willing to wait and forego the rush.
Old 05-17-2008, 03:15 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: RoswellGrey

All this is exactly why I'll wait to buy my Challenger when they're actually sitting on the dealers' lots. That way, I can breeze in, pick out whichever one I want, write out a check and be gone. No fuss, no muss, no bother.
With a 6.4L/Manual/plum crazy Challenger I may not have the luxury of pick one in the dealers lots.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 05-17-2008, 03:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I originally planned to wait until January or February to see how the Challengers were selling and see what was on the dealer lots.

However, I decided to grab a good deal that was offered (approx. $1,300 discount) to insure that I got exactly what I wanted- a "basic" SRT in Hemi-orange. (From past experience with Charger SRTs, I found that dealers tended to order their cars with every conceivable option to increase profits). Also, I doubt if the SRTs will be discounted significantly more that what I received.

I am happy with my decision and now only have a long 5-month wait.
Old 05-17-2008, 03:35 PM

I'll be watching this thread very carefully...

-Mike-

Quick Reply: I am hearing horror stories about some Dealers and I will not be one. Read More