Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Interesting Proposition

Old 04-03-2008, 10:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Interesting Proposition

which in turn is why im going to buy a GTO instead. Runs 4.6 manual and 4.8 auto LS2 with nothing but good reviews. I'll miss you mopar nuts but I'll still see you in my rear-view.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:31 AM
Administrator

if you think that a GTO will put a 6.1 challenger "in the rear view", you havent done enough research...i know several GTO owners, which goes much further than the magazine reviews...

there are LX sedans with less gearing running in the high 12s, stock...a manual GTO will do that when VERY well driven, but they are not easy cars to launch, and a guy from one of my other forums has a 10 second fox and had an 11 second new edge vert only got a 12.9X out of his auto ls2 gto one time, in very cool weather, with DRs...so it might, and thats Might edge out an srt8 sedan, but thats about it..stock for stock.
Old 04-03-2008, 11:24 AM
Super Moderator

MrKrisSullivan, don't call anyone nuts, it violates rule 2 even if you meant it as a joke. Also, the part you have to remember is that it does not CONSISTENTLY accelerate in those times. A MT review recorded it at 4.7 secs, the R&T review I posted earlier posted an LS2 manual at 5.2 secs. My advice is don't count your chickens before they hatched, or for a performance minded individual don't wager your car until you have won a race. Again, as I said earlier it does not consistently beat out a SRT-8 sedan and the Challenger will have a manual available.

Again here is the link:

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....&page_number=2

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 04-03-2008, 06:55 PM

Ok mirada maybe your right. Maybe. The times i've seen for the manual are 4.6 and 4.8 for auto. SRT times are in the low 5's like 5.2 and 5.3 for auto's so let's say i gave you a half second with a manual which is out of this world your still coming up short of the auto LS2. Yeah im sure there not easy to launch i've read a bunch on the traction control also though. Wouldn't that help a lot. Your manual SRT isn't gonna run better than 4.6 well driven either and you know it. Probably gonna be closer to 4.8.
I'll bet the whole chicken coupe that a LS2 GTO will take any SRT sedan. The Challenger on the other hand is another argument but's it's also another 12k so what. This is so bias it's ludacris man.
"you know several GTO owners" ok so where are the several Challenger owners you know??? That's the statement im talking about im just arguing numbers brother facts don't lie man. We've all read the "low 5 sec" review for the SRT Challenger auto. Do you think the mags are bias?? Do you not understand the point im makeing? Or are you fustrated I have a point?? Do you think those mags are b.s. but the Challenger is a different story?? this is becoming really confusing if you can feel me at all.
Old 04-03-2008, 07:05 PM

Ok so i checked your link must make you feel really good I bet. Surprising seeing how moter-trends statement is 0-60 in under 5 secs easily for the GTO.
That road and track article is the fastest time i've ever heard of from a Charger SRT and that's the slowest time i've ever read from a GTO.
Go to edmunds inside line and they have the Charger 0-60 at 5.4 man. If were talking consistently the GTO is way more consistent in the times. Your making me think hard I feel you but come on one blurb. Your the one counting your eggs before they hatch if you ask me. All over the internet "GTO easily makes it to 60 in under 5 secs with the LS2. Nobody has driven the Challenger manual we've got one reveiw on the auto and it was low 5 secs not easily under 5 secs. Your arguing one blurb and im arguing everything i've read period.
Old 04-03-2008, 07:16 PM

yep just got off car and driver. guess what 4.8. SO EDMUNDS / MOTOR-TREND/ CAR AND DRIVER/. All put the GTO at lower than 4.9. None give the Charger anything under 5. Peace...
Old 04-03-2008, 07:27 PM

car and driver got the charger in at 4.8 ... do some research PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ Z

IM OUT PEACEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEE[8D]
Old 04-04-2008, 03:33 AM

battle is heating up on this thread
Old 04-04-2008, 07:07 AM

Well at least we know the viper SRT-10 will outrun it easily, and it is an SRT product. The viper can outrun the Corvette Z06 even, so there is not even a GM product that san outrun the SRT division cars.
Old 04-04-2008, 10:16 AM

GTO is an excellent car in terms of power and speed for price. What it lacks is style. When buying a car, style matters. The GTO appearance is quite bland. I don't hate it, but it does nothing for me. I just don't like that rounded jellybean styling. If I have to be 1/10th of a second slower to 60 for a car that looks this awesome, so be it. Bench racing is fun though.

Quick Reply: Interesting Proposition