Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Interesting Proposition

Old 04-04-2008, 01:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Interesting Proposition

If Kris Sullivan likes Pontiacs so much, why hang out at the Dodge Challenger forum? I'm not over posting on LS2.com or whatever.

The powertrain warranty on the Challenger is really 15k? As in 15,000 miles?
Old 04-04-2008, 05:24 PM

ORIGINAL: Chris
The powertrain warranty on the Challenger is really 15k? As in 15,000 miles?
Lifetime on all models except the SRT8...
Old 04-05-2008, 04:22 AM

didn't people compalin when the GTO came out that it weighed to much how much does it weigh i know it used and old autrailian platform that made it heavy
Old 04-06-2008, 12:49 PM

The Pontiac G8 GXP is supposed to have the LS3 motor 400+ HP with a 6 speed, the interior looks ok. But it looks like the grand prix, grand am, Cant tell them apart GTO. The Challenger & Charger atleast have stand alone designs.
Old 04-06-2008, 02:16 PM

The GTO weighs less than 4,000lbs. Closer to 3800 actually.
Im on this forum because I love my Hemi in my 03' Ram, I love my mopar and I love the Styling in the Challenger.
But in the same sense I like to simple clean style of a GTO, I like that it's more of a sophisticated look one that won't wear out in 5 or 6 years maybe. Kinda look old you know?
I like the interrior way more in the GTO though. Your silly if you think the SRT's interrior has more integrity than the GOAT. But im dissapointed I guess in the pricing for the car esspecially the R/T's which seems like it'll be a little pricier than I expected for this car which the R/T will prolly run what closer to 5.3 or 5.4 in the 0-60.
If you love the cars style you've got it totally but I want the whole package on my next vehicle, while being able to truly go fast. So in the end I stay tuned here to find out what's going on with the challenger because I'd love to spend my next 25-30k on a good mopar HEMI in the Challenger but like I said Im not trying to just look cool in a Challenger I want it to go somewhere. I will wait several months before I buy a new car but half of me says GTO makes more sense and the other half says I want a Challenger.
Old 04-06-2008, 02:31 PM

Mr. Sullivan i agree with your idea of sensiblilty as far as pricing, styling and speed. I have friends that are die hard chevy fans, and some that only buy fords, and some that only buy toyota or mercedes. For me i dont care what make a car is. I want value, performance, style, and reliability. Yes, i know someone will tell me to go to the tree hugger forum for my views on hybrids... oh yeah ... someone already did. But hey i like your opinion.
Old 04-06-2008, 02:54 PM
Super Moderator

But in the same sense I like to simple clean style of a GTO, I like that it's more of a sophisticated look one that won't wear out in 5 or 6 years maybe.
MrKrisSullivan, if the car below is the look you are talking about, I just don't get it. It is so different from the Challenger and more like a Camaro but then again they were cousins. It is certainly more futuristic looking and not retro enough but then you maybe younger and like that look.

Most people like one over the other but not both like you do.

I hope you enjoy whatever you get. For me it is the Challenger since I used to own one.

I guess it is kinda like I prefer brunettes but I married a blonde. Go figure?

[IMG]local://upfiles/17/FB09D93A25764F0C909EB3583B7D2520.jpg[/IMG]
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 04-07-2008, 05:06 AM

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

But in the same sense I like to simple clean style of a GTO, I like that it's more of a sophisticated look one that won't wear out in 5 or 6 years maybe.
MrKrisSullivan, if the car below is the look you are talking about, I just don't get it. It is so different from the Challenger and more like a Camaro but then again they were cousins. It is certainly more futuristic looking and not retro enough but then you maybe younger and like that look.

Most people like one over the other but not both like you do.

I hope you enjoy whatever you get. For me it is the Challenger since I used to own one.

I guess it is kinda like I prefer brunettes but I married a blonde. Go figure?

[IMG]local://upfiles/17/FB09D93A25764F0C909EB3583B7D2520.jpg[/IMG]
That car is just plain FUGLY.

My dad had a 1970 GTO Judge when I was a kid so I was very dissapointed when they came out with a Grand Am in 2004 and put a V8 in it and called it a GTO ? They run good no doubt but it is a typical plastic looking cheapy Pontiac like all the rest of them.
Old 04-07-2008, 05:26 AM

is that a stock looking GTO i remeber seeing one in a movie don't recall the front end lookin like that looked more like a cavalier
Old 04-07-2008, 08:02 AM

do you mean the first XXX?

Quick Reply: Interesting Proposition