Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Lifetime Warranty

Old 12-16-2008, 08:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lifetime Warranty

Did anyone else get the lifetime warranty through Chrysler? I had recieved a postcard from Chrysler saying they were offering 50% off their extended warranty plans with 60 trial money back period. I plan on keeping this car either until I die or until there is no more gasoline left in the world...whichever comes first. If there is no more gas I may just leave it in the garage for looks.

I called yesterday and a Lifetime bumper to bumper warranty with 100.00 deductible was $1400. All they ask for is 200.00 down and pay off the rest over 36 months interest free. I read the details and I'll be covered for just about every thing on the car for as long as I live and still own it, something like over 5000 parts. Seems like a pretty good deal to me. Normally I pass on warranties, but my gut tells me to go with it...anybody else get it?
Old 12-17-2008, 02:55 AM

Default RE: Lifetime Warranty

i would like some info on this as well. if this is true then im def not getting that predator for christmas =(
Old 12-17-2008, 03:51 AM

This seems like a cash flow promotion by Chrysler Corp. Remember Chrysler is owned by a financial investment firm. I have worked for these kind of companies. If Chrysler is sold off in pieces with Jeep currently the most valuable part of Chrysler; who will stand behind this warranty? If the worst happens and bankrupcy occurs; what happens to all our warranties? I too got this solication. I am not sure if you could legally persue any rememdies if a bankrupcy occurs. And if Chrysler is just sold off in pieces; there could be a lot of passing the buck to try to figure out who has responsibility to stand behind this warranty. Remember the average legal fees to try and persue a remedy in this type of situation would be much greater than the original cost of the warranty. In a class action a remedy could take years for any cash to trickle down to the original warranty holders.
Old 12-17-2008, 05:12 AM

Personally, I say wait until you know what Chrysler is going to look like. We should know something by February at the latest. The deals should still be around, if not even cheaper. But you definitely want to get it directly from the Manufacturer or your insurance company.
Old 12-17-2008, 05:59 AM

I have the same feeling, let the dust settle and see where the pieces fall. You could be throwing away your "mod" money if they fail to exist in the near term future.
Old 12-17-2008, 09:34 AM

I'd hold off on buying the warranty.

Personally, had I not already bought my Challenger, I'd be holding off on buying one now. At the moment, the only American car I'd purchase is a Ford product, as they seem to be in the best shape of the Big Three.

As I've said before, if Chrysler goes under, we who already have the modern Challengers may have the 21st century version of the DeLorean on our hands (a car that people like to look at but wouldn't buy, largely because parts are incredibly expensive and hard to obtain). Of course, we also may have something that instantly ensures our retirements because the price has zoomed out of sight.

Any way you look at it, buying a Challenger right now, let alone a warranty, is an expensive gamble.
Old 12-17-2008, 03:51 PM

I got a postcard from chrysler in the mail a few weeks ago...don't know if you can get the deal without it cause it had an offer code on it. I know it expires on 31 December. You can either get 50% off or 25% off and a garmin GPS. They require a $200 down payment and you can make 36 payments interest free ($33/mo) to pay off the remaining amount. I told them I had no money because I just bought two cars..a new Pacifica and my Chally...plus x-mas gifts. They waived the upfront downpayment requirement so I don't have to pay until january and I can cancel with a full refund by february....I'm optimistic that they will pull through...especially since seeing the trillion dollar bailout Obama is pondering....the deal is directly from chrysler

http://www.dodge.com/en/service_contracts/

If they do stop making the chally there really won't be a shortage of parts....with the exception of sheet metal and some parts most are similar to the 300/magnum/charger and I'm sure there are plenty of those out there....also if the go chapter 11 they will theoretically emerge on the other side a leaner and more efficient company
Old 12-17-2008, 04:02 PM

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20081217/...ysler_shutdown

And GM is putting the VOLT on hold
Old 12-17-2008, 05:13 PM

I think they will be the "hemicudas" of our future! The Delorean was slow, butt ugly etc. The Challenger is an alltogether different beast. I'm thinking they WILL be collectable and value will go up if Dodge goes down or stops producing Challengers. Just my opinions
Old 12-17-2008, 05:21 PM

My 2009 R/T comes with the lifetime warranty on drivetrain.

I pray for Chrysler's continuity in the future somehow. It is unimaginable that this great car company will go under.

Someone, somehwere has to buy them up and keep them alive somehow.

They make the finest SUV, minivan, pickup truck and muscle car. Their demise just cannot happen.

Quick Reply: Lifetime Warranty