Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...
View Poll Results: A poll
I'll pay anything to own one faster
7.27%
Want one fast, but 10% markup
15.45%
Want one fast, not a cent more than MSRP
25.45%
Will wait until MSRP or less
35.45%
Would never pay MSRP
11.82%
I'm so cheap I will buy one used 5 years from now
4.55%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

POLL: First on the Block, or Wait for a Good Price

Old 01-01-2008, 11:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: POLL: First on the Block, or Wait for a Good Price

I AM A NEW MEMBER AND ENJOY YOUR POSTS ABOUT HOW MUCH TO PAY FOR THE NEW CHALLENGER. I THOUGHT I WOULD SHED A LITTLE LIGHT ON WHAT I KNOW. I HAVE EMAILED NEARLY EVERY DODGE DEALER IN THE US CHECKING AVAILABILITY AND PRICING. BASED ON THE ONES THAT REPLIED I ESTIMATE NEARLY HALF OF THE 2008 MODELS ARE SOLD. I KNOW THAT DODGE IS ONLY GOING TO BUILD 45OO 2008 SRT8 IN ORANGE, SILVER, AND BLACK WITH ONLY THREE OPTIONS AVAILABLE AND THEY ARE MYGIG NAVIGATION, SUNROOF, AND PERVORMANCE TIRES. THERE ARE A LOT OF DEALERS OUT THERE THAT ARE MISINFORMED OR THEY ARE PROMISING PEOPLE VEHICLES THAT I BELIEVE WILL NOT GET BUILT OR WILL ROLL INTO A 2009 MODEL AND WILL NOT BE AS VALUABLE BECAUSE THE PRODUCTION WILL BE HIGHER. SO BE CAREFUL. I ALWAYS ASKED IF THE FIRST ONE WAS AVAILABLE BECAUSE I WOULD NOT WANT TO BE 2ND, 3RD, AND SO ON. BECAUSE EACH DEALER IS ONLY GUARANTEED ONE. I DO NOT KNOW HOW MANY DODGE DEALERS THERE ARE IN THE US BUT I HAVE BEEN TOLD AROUND 3200, BUT THAT HAS NOT BEEN CONFIRMED. SO THAT MEANS A FEW DEALERS WILL GET 2. I SAW PRICES FROM MSRP-$100000. A LOADED ONE STICKERS FOR $41985 GIVE OR TAKE. MY ESTIMATION ON MY EMAIL REPLIES IS THAT MOST ARE AVERAGING $10000-$20000 OVER STICKER. SOME OF THIS IS ASKING PRICE AND SOME HAVE STATED THAT WAS WHAT THEY SOLD FOR. THE HIGHEST I GOT WAS SOMEONE HAD AN OFFER OF $40000 OVER STICKER. I HAVE SAVED MOST OF MY EMAILS AND STILL HAVE THEM COMING IN. I WOULD LIKE TO MENTION MOST I FOUND ARE ORANGE, THAN BLACK, THAN SILVER. SO EXPECT TO PAY ABOVE STICKER IF YOU WANT A 2008 MODEL.
Old 01-01-2008, 01:13 PM

Please don't type in all caps it's reaaaally hard to read.
Old 01-01-2008, 01:30 PM

Don't want a 2008 Challenger - auto only, 6.1L SRT8 only, haven't even seen the car yet, MSRP+$$$......
Nah, I'll wait for a 2009 Challenger and order it the way I want it.

- BTW.....caps are like "shouting" in a forum.
Old 01-01-2008, 02:30 PM

hundreds of hours of research and bringing it to you and all you can say is don't write in all caps?
Old 01-01-2008, 03:06 PM

ORIGINAL: dionvos

hundreds of hours of research and bringing it to you and all you can say is don't write in all caps?
Don't take this the wrong way, but everything you wrote has been discussed in here already. It would seem we've "shared" the "hundreds of hours of research" you did and came up with the same info you did ...... and much more. Many of us have emailed dealerships, Dodge, friends who work at dealerships / Dodge / BAP .......name it. We have some VERY good inside information.

4500 Challengers in 2008 - maybe. Dodge never came out with any firm numbers publicly EXCEPT to say the number would be under 10,000. So anything from 4,500 to 9,999 is possible.
Up to MSRP + $40,000 = already discussed this too. Most are waiting until 2009 when production numbers are much higher, options are more plentiful, and the car can be bought at MSRP or less.
Options on the 2008 Challenger: also already discussed in here and available at dodge.com and redletterdodge.com, as well as pictures (spy shots - coutesy/controlled by Dodge) of the 2008 production car.

If you want to save yourself a lot of untold hours researching the Challenger, look in this forum, check out current and older threads, and you'll find out FAR more than ANY dealer can tell you about it.
Old 01-16-2008, 04:41 AM

I would wait at least 3 years to buy a 2008 model. I have a 2002 Chrysler Sebring LX Hardtop coupe that I'll be making payments on until at least 2010. I know the Challenger's base price is just above 40K USD. I have a feeling with subsequent model years the base price will go down some due to want of more buyers. By the time I trade my Sebring in the trade value will be no more than 2500 dollars. And I expect the Challenger will have a minimal depreciation rate which means that price used will be right around price new if not higher. I just wonder why it's so high in cost. 40k is just a little too much. If it were 30K or 35K I'd see more buyers. I hope with the existing base price dodge knows what they're doing.
Old 01-16-2008, 12:19 PM

That's the base price for the srt model. . . there will be an r/t and a v6 for under 30k. The actual price is 37,995 but there's a 2100 gas guzzler tax.

I think dodge needs to hurry up and say something about the other models because I keep seeing people think the 40k model is the ONLY model and it's probably turning people away.
Old 01-16-2008, 01:07 PM

In that case I hope to get an r/t model, black on black with 251hp 5spd Autostick. I think the Challenger will sell great in states like Hawaii, California (unless one lives in the Gearknob areas like Truckee), Texas, Florida and Arizona where there's a much warmer climate and with RWD it may not be all that good in the snow. But I'm glad there are Challenger models under 30K. When I trade in my Sebring, Challenger (used or new) is what I'll be looking into unless Chrysler come out with a retro Roadrunner in the vein of the 1971-72 models. Thanks for the info
Old 01-16-2008, 03:22 PM

No need to pay above MSPR. They're popping up all over on the spy pics. I'm betting late summer will abound with al kinds of Challengers!
Old 01-16-2008, 07:35 PM

If all you want is 251hp that'd be the V6 model. The r/t is supposed to have 380.

Quick Reply: POLL: First on the Block, or Wait for a Good Price