Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...
View Poll Results: A poll
I'll pay anything to own one faster
7.27%
Want one fast, but 10% markup
15.45%
Want one fast, not a cent more than MSRP
25.45%
Will wait until MSRP or less
35.45%
Would never pay MSRP
11.82%
I'm so cheap I will buy one used 5 years from now
4.55%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

POLL: First on the Block, or Wait for a Good Price

Old 04-06-2008, 05:30 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: POLL: First on the Block, or Wait for a Good Price

I can certainly understand not wanting to pay MSRP or above, but realistically we all need to understand that since the 2008 challenger is a limited production car, as well as the first year back in production, they will all fetch a "hefty" sale price. As far as the 09's go they will be no where near as "collectable" as an 08 is, because there will be three version available which will mean huge production numbers. In addition, the Hemi Orange is not an option for the 09's according to Dodge. It is an 08 color only. Face the facts, first year back, low production,and a one year color, means "COLLECTABLE" which never means cheap. Thats why 1970 and 1971 "HEMI" Cuda's bring huge dollars and 1972 up Cuda's are a dime a dozen in comparison because the Hemi's were never available after 1971, again rare cars bring huge dollars because of the collectability. No way to get around the facts................Supply and Demand, as always.
Tell us something that other dealers on this forum haven't said already. You think you are the first. That is an insult to our intelligence on your post #1.
Your post sounds like marketing 101 class for selling cars .

Sorry but I do not like dealers coming to our forum trying to tell us about what is a collectable or not (shear gambling) and then try to support why you sell way above MSRP.

Beside we knew this already. Most on this forum that are getting the 2008 have had theirs on order for a while. The others are waiting for the 2009/2010 models.

BTW- Please do not advertise your products without being in contact with our administrator 1BadMirada.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 04-06-2008, 07:26 PM

ORIGINAL: capital classic cars
they will all fetch a "hefty" sale price.
I can not speak for the other 6,399, but I know of one '08 that is being sold at MSRP....
Old 04-07-2008, 09:37 AM

I'm paying 2500 over MSRP. I can understand a dealer wanting to make a little over MSRP, but not at the expense of a returning customer. I have purchased 3 cars from them in the last 18 months not counting the Challenger.
Old 04-07-2008, 11:47 AM

What were the 3 cars?
Old 04-07-2008, 10:36 PM

First off I am "NOT" a dealer, I am an individual who collects cars. Something you must know nothing about. Get a grip ! ! You can quote all the scriptures you want till the cows come home, and you will impress KNOW ONE here. Go thump your bible somewhere else "Oh yee of little faith" the 6400 08's went to those that could AFFORD them..................not to the dreamers like you. See you in church...................NOT!
Old 04-08-2008, 10:28 AM
Super Moderator

Capital Classic Cars, maybe some librium is in order? Why all the vitriol? How can you come into a place as a noob and begin espousing what will impress or not impress anyone here?

I'm a casual Christian. I believe in the tenets, but don't live the life I should as much I should. With that said, I take no offense to a good message.

If I were an atheist, I'd still not have the anger evident with you after two posts? Relax, chief. Play nice.

We're friends here who are allowed to disagree. As for Jeremiah's observation, your first post, honestly was kind of a stale declaration that is long in the tooth and addressed a while back. You're entitled to make it still, we should all be peers here, but a it is a bit of a re-hash.

For the record, the last time we discussed this at length (and the numerous re-visitations to the subject), I took your position.

The fair price for any commodity is exactly (not less, not more) than the lowest price ANYONE is willing to pay for it. While this is rudimentary Economics 101, it is the beauty and one of the mainstays this country's legacy is founded on. Free speech, free religion, and free trade.

I think only time will tell if this is a collector, I think all things point to it. First year production, first model of the last wave of a dieing breed, I think anyone would be hard pressed to argue there will be more people willing to pay more than MSRP as the lowest price.

This doesn't upset me or make me happy, just an observation. I'll get mine, they'll make enough. The 08 appeals to me nada (not National Auto Dealers Association or Kelly's Blue Book for that fact either), no stick...no love...no 08. :-)

Old 04-11-2008, 08:24 AM

ORIGINAL: capital classic cars

First off I am "NOT" a dealer, I am an individual who collects cars. Something you must know nothing about. Get a grip ! ! You can quote all the scriptures you want till the cows come home, and you will impress KNOW ONE here. Go thump your bible somewhere else "Oh yee of little faith" the 6400 08's went to those that could AFFORD them..................not to the dreamers like you. See you in church...................NOT!
It's rich pricks like you that make life when it comes to buying cars misrable. Paying because you can doesn't mean you should. But then again, if I had money to burn I would do the exact same thing. Screw the poor guy, I get what I want.
Old 04-11-2008, 05:30 PM

Whers's the love Bro........................I see your point, and we'll just have to agree to disagee, that's what makes this a free country. And while being wealthy makes a person no "better" than someone else, it also makes us no "worse" than someone else. Did you hear that JUSTICE FOR ALL ? ? ?
Old 04-12-2008, 11:16 AM
Banned

Nice high horse?
Old 04-12-2008, 11:17 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

I can certainly understand not wanting to pay MSRP or above, but realistically we all need to understand that since the 2008 challenger is a limited production car, as well as the first year back in production, they will all fetch a "hefty" sale price. As far as the 09's go they will be no where near as "collectable" as an 08 is, because there will be three version available which will mean huge production numbers. In addition, the Hemi Orange is not an option for the 09's according to Dodge. It is an 08 color only. Face the facts, first year back, low production,and a one year color, means "COLLECTABLE" which never means cheap. Thats why 1970 and 1971 "HEMI" Cuda's bring huge dollars and 1972 up Cuda's are a dime a dozen in comparison because the Hemi's were never available after 1971, again rare cars bring huge dollars because of the collectability. No way to get around the facts................Supply and Demand, as always.
Tell us something that other dealers on this forum haven't said already. You think you are the first. That is an insult to our intelligence on your post #1.
Your post sounds like marketing 101 class for selling cars .

Sorry but I do not like dealers coming to our forum trying to tell us about what is a collectable or not (shear gambling) and then try to support why you sell way above MSRP.

Beside we knew this already. Most on this forum that are getting the 2008 have had theirs on order for a while. The others are waiting for the 2009/2010 models.

BTW- Please do not advertise your products without being in contact with our administrator 1BadMirada.

Under your religion why would you post such a thing shouldnt you be more understanding ?
So typical!

Nice high horse?

Quick Reply: POLL: First on the Block, or Wait for a Good Price