Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...
View Poll Results: A poll
I'll pay anything to own one faster
7.27%
Want one fast, but 10% markup
15.45%
Want one fast, not a cent more than MSRP
25.45%
Will wait until MSRP or less
35.45%
Would never pay MSRP
11.82%
I'm so cheap I will buy one used 5 years from now
4.55%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

POLL: First on the Block, or Wait for a Good Price

Old 01-19-2008, 08:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: POLL: First on the Block, or Wait for a Good Price

I dont know about what will happen in the near future with these cars since the new stupid government gas standards... say goodby to all the big blocks!
Old 01-20-2008, 04:30 AM

say goodbye to all the v8's and v6's all you will have is 4cylinder hybrids
Old 01-20-2008, 07:46 AM

So I had to ask my cousin whether there would be any incentives through Family and Friends Program. He said for the 2008/2009 vehicles there would be nothing. He implied there may be something for the 2010 production year like there was in the third year of the Charger. I hope the screen capture come through. It was sooo disappointing. 8^)

[IMG]local://upfiles/675/B0D4BBDB43F640E59D5C02890B18EAB7.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-22-2008, 01:39 PM

I hope they build them atleast until 2010, order mine through AAFES in Germany when I pay off my wife's car. Order it just the way I want it; not many options, big motor and auto....thinking about a convertible in yellow, black top/interior....
Old 01-22-2008, 11:18 PM

Bummer...I have family in the car "dealer" business which, in this case, I think might help me. first he can pull strings just to get me one and hopefully at or damn near MSRP. The other thing I am debating is buying it thru my brothers equipment holding company that leases back to his sister company. He has it structured so he can buy tax free and if legit I am going to pursue that. I am no CPA so not sure if it is on the up & up but that would save me a few duckets!
Old 04-01-2008, 04:04 PM

MSRP or less... Not a dime over. Invoice for the 08 srt8 is slightly shy of 38k. So there you go...

I went to the stealership today to inquire about a white r/t with 6 speed manual. They did not have any information other than the website (they did have a neat 2009 folder which I got), but they did tell me the mark-up above sticker would be 5-15k for the regular 2009's, and I even heard a whopping 25k for the 2008 limted edition srt8's. And the bad thing is people are paying that just to be the first on the block. People sure are stupid, but if 25k extra didn't phase me I would be just as stupid. It's all about who has the cash and who doesn't. The have-nots will always be screwed. And like all have-nots I complain about it too...
Old 04-01-2008, 04:11 PM

Don't forget about the $2100 gas guzzler tax, bringing the total to $40095.
Old 04-01-2008, 06:23 PM

I understand the money does have alot to do with it .But I have waited years and wont have to wait much longer .I had to pay alittle over 10% over sticker but I will really enjoy the summer just geting out to the shows talking to people and relaxing .In todays age its not often we get to do things we wait years far so if it cost alittle more to me thats ok .I understand its not for everyone and there are budgets and things to look at .But I think the sales are going to be strong for awhile and Im not willing to wait another year personaly .
Old 04-04-2008, 07:16 AM

I will have to wait until MSRP to be able to afford the Beast.
Old 04-06-2008, 04:42 PM

I can certainly understand not wanting to pay MSRP or above, but realistically we all need to understand that since the 2008 challenger is a limited production car, as well as the first year back in production, they will all fetch a "hefty" sale price. As far as the 09's go they will be no where near as "collectable" as an 08 is, because there will be three version available which will mean huge production numbers. In addition, the Hemi Orange is not an option for the 09's according to Dodge. It is an 08 color only. Face the facts, first year back, low production,and a one year color, means "COLLECTABLE" which never means cheap. Thats why 1970 and 1971 "HEMI" Cuda's bring huge dollars and 1972 up Cuda's are a dime a dozen in comparison because the Hemi's were never available after 1971, again rare cars bring huge dollars because of the collectability. No way to get around the facts................Supply and Demand, as always.

Quick Reply: POLL: First on the Block, or Wait for a Good Price