Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Sales

Old 09-15-2006, 11:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sales

ORIGINAL: wallstreetman

BTW, THE DEALER CAN CHARGE WHATEVER HE WANTS!
Exactly... And I know how much they will charge - as much as they possibly can!

Fact is none of the numbers thrown around in this thread are credible. If they were those posting them would provide some documentation to back up their claims rather than bandy about numbers. Heck, I can look at the Charger costs, make some assumptions, and get to the same numbers they come up with. At least I admit that's where my logic comes from.
Old 09-15-2006, 11:36 AM

Look I just wanted to help you all out with information that was shared with me. You can believe it or not. Unbelievable, you all take care.
Old 09-15-2006, 12:29 PM

I like information but as you can imagine it's hard to filter out reality from noise. No offense meant to you but you can imagine a lot of stuff gets posted to forums all over the place. I am just asking for something to substantiate the info...
Old 09-15-2006, 01:28 PM

I'm with AWESURE, the proof is in the pudding.

ORIGINAL: awsure

I like information but as you can imagine it's hard to filter out reality from noise. No offense meant to you but you can imagine a lot of stuff gets posted to forums all over the place. I am just asking for something to substantiate the info...
Old 09-15-2006, 02:42 PM

Guys be careful who you lash out at they may have real DCX info and are here to prime the pump so to speak, I for one would hate to lose that contact or any credibility this site has towards decisions DCX makes with regards to the Challenger.
Could be DCX is getting a feel for pricing and option packages from this site and others like it.
So a little courtesy towards all members would be a wise thing.
Old 09-15-2006, 03:24 PM

Well after being out on vacation and bussiness your Mexican friend is back.... thanks all for all the posting ... event thought no one is 100% sure about the info still is a baseline of what we can expect.

Still don't know if they're to seel it in Mexico... but if they're to follow Mustang strategy my wish would be fulfilled.!
Old 09-15-2006, 04:55 PM
Super Moderator

All I have to say is whether or not he has the information, I think we should all be civil to him. Even though I am not completely convenced, I still think it is worth hearing. He may be the real thing and then again he might not be. Either way it gives us something to talk about.

Quite frankly I don't care what Allpar is or isn't. The issue is that the two largest automotive magazines Car and Driver and Motor Trend is loaded with inaccuracies. Do I believe everything Allpar says? No. Do I believe everything that either Car and Driver and Motor Trend says? No. When you dealing in the realm of rumors, no source is gospel truth. The simple fact is that Allpar is easier to find certain details about a car that the offical magazines don't give you. For example, if you wanted to know what the gear ratios were on the new 62TE, you won't be able to find it very easily on Car and Driver, and you almost can't find that in Motor Trend. Allpar is a very research friendly site whereas Car and Driver and Motor Trend are awful when you are trying to research.

Wallstreetman, I hate to say it but I'm having doubts about the 6.4L being offered, at least not initially.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 09-15-2006, 05:25 PM

Yes it is going to be offered-as a crate motor from the dealer with no warranty and no emmissions-if you are willing to spend the money, but no official 6.4 hemi or 7.1 hemi either.
Old 09-15-2006, 06:34 PM

As the person who primarily CHALLENGED this guy I would have to say I treated him pretty gently. [8D]
Old 09-16-2006, 12:37 AM
Super Moderator

I guess I over reacted (I apologize for doing so). What I meant to say is I think we should be a little more appreciative of those who contribute. Before the Charger was shown, a person leaked the blue print pictures and they were dead on. I'm just saying that it is possible that he knows what he is talking about and if so we should be a little more thankful for their effort.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Quick Reply: Sales