Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Sales

Old 09-16-2006, 02:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sales

I think we should take any and all information contributed to this website with a grain of salt. In my opinion, the comments may have been a little unwelcoming but not malicious. I think BHoffer understands the pessimism expecially over the MSRP.
Old 09-16-2006, 09:13 AM

I agree. Let's all go to our local dealerships. You know they have the inside scoop on all this stuff and will give it to us straight.

Old 09-16-2006, 01:27 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: joeyr

I think we should take any and all information contributed to this website with a grain of salt. In my opinion, the comments may have been a little unwelcoming but not malicious. I think BHoffer understands the pessimism expecially over the MSRP.
There is a difference between taking a person's message with a grain of salt and basically interrogating him. I think we could have been more thankful towards him. The fact is people in the past have contributed rumors and we have been more appreciative than this. Also we also have a tendency to show favoritism towards people who bring bad news.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 09-16-2006, 03:54 PM

I agree wholeheartly with your point, personally I would not have questioned him that way, but I still think he understands that the posts of the other forum members was not a personal attack or character judgement or assassination, but misguided questioning. I think the pause on which he responded after opening this thread had something to do with that. But I do agree that we welcome bad news in a different light as good news.
Old 09-16-2006, 04:05 PM

Default RE: Sales : Behoffer is dead on!

[quote]ORIGINAL: kowalski1609

....The srt is spec'd at 6 mpg city and 14 tops highway .The 5.7 is more than double those numbers mpg.

I agree that he is most likely accurate with the numbers he posted but the SRT fuel mileage you posted are a little off. EPA estimated the 6.1 as 14 city/20 hwy compared to 5.7 hemi which gets an EPA estimated 17 city/ 25 hwy. Real world it (6.1 hemi) should get at least 10 city/15 hwy, depending on your driving style. Also your Corvette C5 sounds nice and I hope you can get the challenger you want at a affordable price.

Old 09-16-2006, 07:22 PM
Super Moderator

When the cats away, the mice will play.

Okay, here are some thoughts.

1. Let's be respectful of each other - If we were at a car show and struck
up a conversation with somebody as we were both staring at the Challenger together
and the other said they knew the price and configurations........would we say where
is your proof and documentation. I would would hope not. What kind of person would we be?

2. Sometimes we do too much talking and not enough listening. We learn and find out
information by listening......and not talking. If we hear the person say something we do not agree with
or think it is unreliable, then keep it to your self. Don't be rude and broadcast it to the world. For all you know
you could be very wrong.

For all we know this person might have been a DCX employee testing the waters and what they found
was an unfriendly forum and they have no plans to return.

3. Let's be a friendly forum where people and share ideas but be respectful of people. We do not want to be
known as an unfriendly forum and we all know they do exist and word does get around about certain forums
and how rude people can be.

I just hope Behoffer will give us another chance.

Now keep posting but respectful.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 09-16-2006, 08:25 PM

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11
....If we were at a car show and struck
up a conversation with somebody as we were both staring at the Challenger together
and the other said they knew the price and configurations........would we say where
is your proof and documentation. I would would hope not. What kind of person would we be?.
Well said! This has been a sore subject with me for a long time with my children.
In this world where we've abandoned our "interpersonal skills" in favor of electronic communication ("IM'ing" and "chatting" from behind the safety and anonymity of a computer), we lose our sensitivity to those we're not face to face with. We can't read the emotion on others' faces, and we don't face the reprecussions that words spoken in haste or thoughtlessness can bring when we're talking "in person".
Anyone can be "out of character" when they're making comments from behind a keypad........it's different questioning someone's integrity who could be 6'7", 295 lbs in person, right?

George Carlin: "Ever notice that the further away someone is from you, the more of an @$$&^%* they are???" That's a very accurate observation.
Old 09-16-2006, 10:07 PM

"I added a drop in K& N and a flo-blade off of ebay to the intake two weeks ago.
I now get 22-23mpg Plus city at 40 -45 mph& 30-33 mpg + on the highway at 60 mph.
Ive seen 36 mpg at 60mph a few times with a tail wind,lol.."

Curious about Kowalski1609: I get 12mpg city and 22-25mpg highway w/drop-in K&N on my Magnum R/T RWD.
Can anybody account for huge difference in numbers?
And what city has 45mph speed limits? Doesn't 'city' mean stop and go driving/traffic averaging about 20mph?
Whats a flo-blade? Is it one of those 'Turbonator' thingys that don't work? Or can it really almost double your mileage?
And you guys are getting on BHoffer for far-out unsubstantiated claims???
Old 09-16-2006, 10:31 PM
Banned

My city has 30 mph limits pal .
Matter of fact its 25 mph on the street I live on and its a 4 lane road not dirt like you must be used to .

You can doubt all you want I see the diff.
Pound sand for all I care.
My numbers say it all .
Old 09-17-2006, 09:45 AM

Default RE: This forum is full of hostile wanna be's

I for one love the information but I have 2 points about this post now...

1.) Kowalski has talked about being full of himself many times in this post. I have this and I have that. Then he gets flat out rude. I do not believe that this type of attitude should not be welcome here. If we are talking about being respectful to all guests then that should stand true for the guests also.

2.) BHoffer was not a DCX employee trying to give us advise, if he was then he would have stated that or communicated it. There are DCX customers here and that is the most important thing for the company. He was not insulted in anyway. If BHoffer is a salesman then he would have tried to make a sale. What salesman says "oh" ok cya. There are plenty of salesmen and dealerships out there. Frankly I wouldn't buy a car from him anyway because he got sensitive about nothing. BHoffer could have been just anyone posting anyway. If he couldn't understand our skeptisim them shame on him.

This forum is full of great people and we all have something in common. We are all excited about the Challenger. Don't let BHoffer or Kowalski type people let you all think different. Many new people join this forum weekly because it is a friendly attitude and alot of great info to be learned. There are jerks out there, don't let them bring you down with them.

Quick Reply: Sales