Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Sales

Old 09-18-2006, 12:36 PM
Rob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sales : Behoffer is dead on!

Excellent. They/he was really annoying me! Not only were his post annoying they were EXTREMELY long! LOL

R
Old 09-18-2006, 03:56 PM

lol hey sorry guys I caused so much trouble. btw i am not here trying to make a sale. I have sold dodge's at the same place since graduating from college, I am just a Dodge lover like all of you trying to pass information. Sorry if I went about it the wrong way. This will be my last post until I am able to post an actual challenger invoice to substantiate my claims
Old 09-18-2006, 05:15 PM
Administrator

i hope that you understand our doubt, bhoffer...it is nothing personal, at all...its just that we get so many people who claim to have some sort of inside line...

do you own a dodge product? when wokring for dodge, most of the salesmen didnt own dodges...
Old 09-18-2006, 05:26 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: 1 Bad Mirada

when wokring for dodge, most of the salesmen didnt own dodges...
Really? Then what did they drive and why didn't they own any dodges? That really gives you a lot of confidence doesn't it.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 09-18-2006, 05:31 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: BHoffer

lol hey sorry guys I caused so much trouble. btw i am not here trying to make a sale. I have sold dodge's at the same place since graduating from college, I am just a Dodge lover like all of you trying to pass information. Sorry if I went about it the wrong way. This will be my last post until I am able to post an actual challenger invoice to substantiate my claims
Well it really wasn't your fault. Some of us had a disagreement because we hear so many rumors, and then a troll came in, made up more than one user name and caused fights. I should have gotten on his case for that. I feel more responsible for this because I should have deleted his posts that were offending people.

So what Dodge products do you own?

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 09-18-2006, 06:26 PM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: RLSH700

when wokring for dodge, most of the salesmen didnt own dodges...
Really? Then what did they drive and why didn't they own any dodges? That really gives you a lot of confidence doesn't it.

Well, to give you an idea..

the owner of the dealership owns three DCX dealerships...he drives a denali and a corvette.
the general manager drives a demo jeep, and a corvette
the salesmen all drove demo's to work, but i know for a fact that several of them owned either GM or Fords, with several of them being mustang owners...

i would frequently try to talk to them about dodge or mopar stuff, and if they didnt read it in a dealer release packet, they had no idea...ive listened to a salesman go on and on to a woman about how powerful the hemi was in the jeep that she was looking at...it was a 2001 grand cherokee.
Old 09-18-2006, 08:44 PM

I think what I'm most interested in (since the pricing leaks all seem to be fairly consistant, and in line with the Charger pricing range) is how bad a pounding the dealership is going to try to give us over MSRP when orders start going to Brampton.
I know they're making many more Chargers than the numbers projected for the Challenger. I'd be most interested in what the dealerships expect the mark-up will be when these bad-boys finally hit the showroom floor. Can we expect the "Shelby-Gouge" we're seeing with the GT500, or will the Dodge Boys be more responsible with thier pricing?

While I really want to get one of the first Challengers available, I don't intend to leave the dealership feeling like "the new guy on cell-block D". I can turn a brand new Mustang GT coupe into a very respectable street-rod on $45,000.00, but I'd rather have the Challenger.
My loyalty goes to my heart via my wallet.
Old 09-18-2006, 09:54 PM
Super Moderator

Well, to give you an idea..

the owner of the dealership owns three DCX dealerships...he drives a denali and a corvette.
the general manager drives a demo jeep, and a corvette
the salesmen all drove demo's to work, but i know for a fact that several of them owned either GM or Fords, with several of them being mustang owners...

i would frequently try to talk to them about dodge or mopar stuff, and if they didnt read it in a dealer release packet, they had no idea...ive listened to a salesman go on and on to a woman about how powerful the hemi was in the jeep that she was looking at...it was a 2001 grand cherokee.
How can they sell a product they don't even know enough and like well enough to drive. Redicilious. I could be a better salesman than those losers.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 09-18-2006, 09:55 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: BootCamp

I think what I'm most interested in (since the pricing leaks all seem to be fairly consistant, and in line with the Charger pricing range) is how bad a pounding the dealership is going to try to give us over MSRP when orders start going to Brampton.
I know they're making many more Chargers than the numbers projected for the Challenger. I'd be most interested in what the dealerships expect the mark-up will be when these bad-boys finally hit the showroom floor. Can we expect the "Shelby-Gouge" we're seeing with the GT500, or will the Dodge Boys be more responsible with thier pricing?

While I really want to get one of the first Challengers available, I don't intend to leave the dealership feeling like "the new guy on cell-block D". I can turn a brand new Mustang GT coupe into a very respectable street-rod on $45,000.00, but I'd rather have the Challenger.
My loyalty goes to my heart via my wallet.
This is why I want to wait a while for the price hike to die down.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 09-19-2006, 06:18 AM

It looks like they are going to price the Challenger between the Charger SRT8 and the 300SRT8, I can give you canadian pricing (we pay about 20% more even when you take the exchange into account, case in point -Z06 $67k in the US $94k in Canada) 300SRT8 is $53k Canadian (eh) loaded (little or no discount) and they are holding their value here (a good used 300SRT8 with under 5k, if you can find one is still getting $46k) and a charger SRT8 is $47k Canadian (I haven't seen a used one come up yet), so using that math the Challenger should be between $33k US and $38k US.
I am not sure about the US but it looks like all the Challengers selling here will be loaded up with options.
I may have Canadian pricing on the Camaro soon (I respect confidances so I will only post info and pricing when I am told it is okay to do so) as we have just been awarded a contract with GM in Oshawa.

Quick Reply: Sales