Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

SRT or R/T?

Old 03-22-2008, 12:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SRT or R/T?

The answere is yes ..would I do it..NO I took the family on a vacation in 2006 to ...........DETROIT Im going to drive this off the lot in a couple months.. I just wanted something more to be speciel about it other than its first and 4 seconds faster than a $10000 (+) cheaper model......Or how about some moral support in makeing the most selfish impractical puchase in my life ,, I'm 45 worked my ass of I deserve this one indulgance come on guys support here.. hey Its half what gov S from new york spent on hookers right.....
Old 03-22-2008, 12:52 PM

ORIGINAL: jh27_1970
I'm 45 worked my ass of I deserve this one indulgance come on guys support here.. hey Its half what gov S from new york spent on hookers right.....
LMAO - Eliot Spitzer paid FAR MORE (per mile) for his self-indulgent (and illegal) ride(s) than what you're working on. There's no comparison between the two.

I'm 47, busted my stones all of my working life too, and have just two of six kids (between my wife and my previous marriages) left in the house. I feel your "pain", Bud. You deserve whatever opportunities God has provided you with the means for.
I honestly think the SRT's will be the collectors' items of the future. You don't have to buy it with that intent, but knowing you have it should bring you more satisfaction than wishing you made a different choice.
If you can afford it, get it. Don't second guess yourself........that's your wife's job.
Old 03-22-2008, 01:02 PM

BC thanks!!! luved the last line! Its very possible I could get this car in June I will be 46 on the 26th What a nice present beats socks.. I love the new Gov .. Look guys (the press) before you dig my wife and I have had many affairs....oye va.... thanks again
Old 03-22-2008, 01:29 PM

jh27_1970, I faced the same problem. Like you, I am practical and this car is a big indulgence for me. My wife is always the one who pushes me too buy what I want because she knows if it was up to me I would never buy anything.

Here's how I rationalized it. I can buy this car, enjoy the heck out of it, keep it five years and it should be worth around 20K? (who knows). I've lost that much in a day in the stock market and I didn't enjoy that one bit. If you can afford it and it doesn't deprive your family of something they need I say go for it...and enjoy.