Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Is the SRT8 worth 11K more than the R/T?

Old 07-14-2008, 01:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Is the SRT8 worth 11K more than the R/T?

dk man im buying one...i think the challenger is better in every aspect than the 335 im just saying aboutt resale...i plan to keep it forever u get me?
Old 07-14-2008, 01:52 PM

seriously you guys are destroying this wonderful forum with your flaming and lack of reading comprehension that you were suppose to learn in elementary school.(excuse my grammar and punctuation)

You flame peoples reading comprehension and then want to be excused for your grammar. YOU'RE A RIOT!
Old 07-14-2008, 02:12 PM

lol i see you have nothing to say after i corrected you...oh and i said that because i was in a hurry and i tend to mispell when i type too fast.

but yea guess i proved my point

Old 07-14-2008, 05:27 PM

And over here boys, and girls, is the special section. See how worked up Kevin gets over his BMW.... can you say BMW kids?

The subject was value, but I thought it was the SRT vs. R/T. It was a valid topic 5 or 6 pages ago.
Old 07-14-2008, 06:15 PM

ORIGINAL: DiamDave

I keep reading about, only 50 more hp. Lets put this figure into perspective. To begin with it is 55 hp, which is a 15% increase over the the 5.7L. You will have to spend many thousands to see this type of increase. Also, any major engine mods to improve the HP rating will definately void the highly touted warranty.

...the rest of the car is not even close to being the same. If you cant or dont want to afford the SRT, thats fine. Just please stop trying to indicate that those of us that can are doing something wrong.
My math Dave 375 is 50 less than 425, I of course am thinking of the six-speed R/T. Sure that sounds a bit snarky but really no one is bagging on anyone for buying an SRT. I should have been clearer with my question and how I plan to use the car. Mostly cruising and weekend road trips, once or three times a year hit a road course track. What I am asking is with my intended use will I miss the 50hp, do I need the extra hardware? The point is I can probably afford the SRT but the R/T really fits my budget. We’re asking advice to avoid buyer’s remorse. I completely agree to buy an R/T and then pump cash turning wrenches will cost someone more.

Old 07-14-2008, 06:19 PM

Evening HemiCuda,

If you are not gooing to miss the 6.1L engine, then I would buy the RT. I have the 5.7L already and love it. Whatever you decide, I know you will enjoy it.

Dave
Old 07-14-2008, 07:10 PM
mac

[quote]ORIGINAL: wallstreetman

ORIGINAL: mopar4me2

hey kevin 2323
go back to your beemer buddies blog! we talk MOPAR here not (gack) bmw. most of us could care less about resale of a turd euro car
Besides that, he doesn't even understand the question! WERE TALKING RESALE VALUE BETWEEN A RT AND AN SRT!

BTW, A BMW is one of the worst values you get get for your dollar, performance wise, you get nothing for your money! Buy a P

Just found 2 problems, passenger door window switch does not work, and my driver door molding is falling off. HMMMM dealer tomorrow.

From another post regarding his new challenger. Never had these problems on my 3 series which has been rated number 1 in its class (luxuary sedan) in the last 15 years or so.

Old 07-14-2008, 08:58 PM

hey andre I WAS USING THE 335 AS A COMPARISON TO THE QUESTION OLD GOAT ASKED... HERE:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Old_Goat

Dave, I started this thread, and let me state that I have nothing but respect for the SRT8. My simple question is this........is the SRT8 worth 11K more than the R/T? You seem to be over sensitive to what has been posted.

About other options causing problems, well, we can agree to disagree. My mods on my 05 GTO did not cause any problems at all, then again most were bollt ons, and the engine block was never tampered with. I ran her over 200 times (I had her two years) down the quarter and never had a problem.

I still stand by my question about is the SRT8 worth 11K more than the R/T.

I really want the dark water blue metallic color which is not offered with the SRT8. There are some positives about the 5.7 which has been mentioned, however until the mopar performance new goodies are out on both the 5.7 and 6.1 engines, these are all just variables until Mopar performance comes out with absolute parts and absolute prices.

YEA LEARN TO READ...SOME PEOPLE HERE ARE SO BIAS THEY ARE BLIND TO THINGS THAT ARE RIGHT IN THEIR FACE...

and i answered it 2-3 pages ago heres my quote since andre and the rest are too lazy for their own good:

"sorry to burst your bubbles but american cars limited or not have really bad resale value.....buy it to drive it...if you want resale value go european then....challengers will be selling just as the limited chargers and srt8s do....for cheap...dirt cheap...."
Old 07-14-2008, 09:43 PM

Have had this resale discussion a lot with Harley owners. Yea they command higher resale, but they spend almost 30K by the time they are done and are happy to get 20K resale. Loss of 10K. Buy a 12K bike and resell for 7K, loss of 5K. The Harley tied up more money and lost more money. You import guys are stuck on percentages. Spend 80K sell for 65K, lose 15K. Just an example, please dont jump on my numbers. I have an 06 Charger RT, bought for 34K and sell for 26K. Yea, big percentage drop, but less dollars going in and coming out. Same goes for this subject, the lower end models cost less and will have a greater percentage drop in value, but will they lose more dollars? I personnaly dont think so.
So Kevin, if you want to spend a lot more to lose more go ahead, but I think most of us are buying this car to keep. Resale is probably a moot point in our decision making.

Just my opinion,

May all new Challenger owners never stop smiling,

Dave
Old 07-14-2008, 10:17 PM

dave i wasnt saying to buy for resale....i was the one who went against it... someone said buy the srt cause its gonna be worth more in the future...and i argued that buy this car to keep it just as i am going too...i have never even thought of buying an import why does everyone claim that... i just said if your buying for resale value an american car isnt the way to go.

i cant spend alot more.....im buying a challenger ive been following this car for over 2 years since the concept. please stop acusing me of being an import guy lol. i hate imports.

i will be smiling when the first car i buy in my life with my own cash will be a american v8 that i will keep forever.

i am not rich...nor poor...i am the middle class....just to clear things up because alot of you think im some rich suck up beemer lover. i used it as an example thats all.

Quick Reply: Is the SRT8 worth 11K more than the R/T?