Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   What is the expected price for the Challenger? (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/what-expected-price-challenger-1441/)

HXC Performance 08-21-2007 05:53 PM

RE: What is the expected price for the Challenger?

I really hope we dont see a 400hp LS2 Camaro for $26k and a 350hp 5.7 Challenger for $31k.

Then what.. an SRT 6.1 425hp Challenger for $39-41k, to compete with a $30-33k 430hp LS3 Camaro? 6-8k more for the same power? no chance Dodge lets that happen.

The $40-45k SRT Challenger is going to need the 6.4 Hemi if it plans to compete with a future Camaro SS (LS7 / Supercharged LS2/3)

The big thing that will screw up the Camaro, is how far GM veers from the Concept, and I'm sure they'll screw it up.

Cuda340 08-22-2007 04:17 AM

What makes you think that Chevy will sell a new 400 hp Camaro for only $26K?

They will see the prices the competition is getting and will adust their selling price accordingly (slightly lower).

1 Bad Mirada 08-22-2007 07:53 AM

lets keep in mind how much the 400hp LS2 GTO was...

georgejetson 08-22-2007 03:30 PM

ORIGINAL: 1 Bad Mirada
there has never been a single piece of evidence to suggest that we will see a 6.4L engine in a production model any time soon...if there was ANY evidence of them putting the 6.4L into the SRT models any time soon, i may consider agreeing with your theory, but there just isnt.
"Single piece of evidence" in the sense of an official announcement from Chrysler? No, of course not. Evidence in the sense of leaks from multiple insiders with long, solid track records? You bet. I'm comfortable saying it's a done deal.

Oh, and: it's not a "theory", it's a summary of leaked info. Plans can change, of course, but it's not something I made up.

You just don't read the right boards, I guess.

HXC Performance 08-22-2007 03:49 PM

ORIGINAL: georgejetson

there has never been a single piece of evidence to suggest that we will see a 6.4L engine in a production model any time soon...if there was ANY evidence of them putting the 6.4L into the SRT models any time soon, i may consider agreeing with your theory, but there just isnt.
"Single piece of evidence" in the sense of an official announcement from Chrysler? No, of course not. Evidence in the sense of leaks from multiple insiders with long, solid track records? You bet. I'm comfortable saying it's a done deal.

Oh, and: it's not a "theory", it's a summary of leaked info. Plans can change, of course, but it's not something I made up.

To add to that.. Dodge did not spend all that money promoting the Super Stock just to sell some Crate Motors.

the 6.4 is 100% happening eventually.

1 Bad Mirada 08-22-2007 04:30 PM

ORIGINAL: georgejetson

you mean, i dont read the boards that spread rumors as fact...you are correct. lets not forget that the "srt engineers" who chat at one of those other sites said to watch out for big news for the challenger at the WDC..and i havent spoken to a single person who saw any big news.

so, HXC, you expect to see a production model with a 727 trans, and a dana rearend? maybe leaf springs? i mean, why else would they put them on the production model if they werent going to use them in production?

another thing, what do you drive?

i understand that MANY sites are packed full of ridiculous "leaked info"..like "my best friends wife is a waitress who works at a place where the owners husband works as a janitor at sterling stamping and he heard a floor worker talking about how he saw a shredded document that looked like it said that the production challenger would have a 6.4L hemi and only cost 30,000!!!"

:eek:

the problem is that way too many people believe everything that they read...ill believe it when it hits the showroom floors. i wouldnt be surprised to see a 6.4L challenger, but its sure as hell not going to be a bargain, much in the same way that the other current "hemi cars" are no bargain.

Jeremiah 29:11 08-22-2007 05:29 PM

LIke my Dad used to say when I was a kid. Believe half of what you read and nothing of what you hear.

I think there is a lesson for us in there somewheres.

We are always getting garbage from allpar and wikipedia and people post it as gospel.

Again, I say, there is just too much speculation and rumors floating around. We need credible sources not garbage information.

RoswellGrey 08-22-2007 06:03 PM

Actually, I wonder what people on Camaro boards talk about, considering that GM has announced virtually everything about the car (except maybe the price -- I don't know). Maybe they speculate on where they'll park their new Camaros, what type of wax they'll use, etc.

You know, to end all this speculation, what we really needs is some sort of electronic storehouse of knowledge that could be accessed by computer -- an "inter-net," if you will. That way, we could get answers to all our questions about the Challenger. ;)

lear4406 08-23-2007 02:54 AM

I'll be parking my Challenger in the garage, except when I park it in the driveway for the neighbors to see. And I will be using maguires deep polishing wax. And the neighbors will just have to wear sun glasses to protect their eyes. I'll also.... ;)Oh yeah, you meant the GM guys. I knew that, I knew that. I believe we will just have to wait and see what engines are offered. My guess and its only a guess, is just what is offered in the Chargers today. But with SRT, can a 426 HEMI be far behind? But they will need to be fast, because the window of opportunity is sliding shut. New gas regulations on the horizon and tougher emissions. It will be hard no doubt! But... it would be an awsome ride and quite a feat.;)

Axel 08-23-2007 05:59 AM

As I was posting on the other topic that is pretty similar to this one, Dodge has a reputation. They put out overpriced cars, that's what they do. Unless this new company comes in and changes things, it's going to remain that way. You have an Avenger that's cheaper then the Stratus, but the engines are underpowered. You have an SRT-8 that's in the $40,000 price range, that's more then my 2003 Dodge Ram 2500 5.7L SLT Sport Quad Cab was. A base Neon SRT-4 was $4,000-$5,000 more then the R/T, why are things going to change now?

The SRT would be on the same level, or near, as the Shelby line and the Shelby line took a sharp jump compared to the GT line. I can see the R/T being on the same line as the GT line, especially being that it already has more HP then the GT, so I can see it being just a little more priced as Dodge does. But when we start jumping up to the higher HP cars, we are definitely going to be paying more for them. Until I hear differently from a credible souce or see the pricing on Dodge, I'm going to go by their current reputation, which I do hope does change.

Axel 08-23-2007 06:05 AM

As I was posting on the other topic that is pretty similar to this one, Dodge has a reputation. They put out overpriced cars, that's what they do. Unless this new company comes in and changes things, it's going to remain that way. You have an Avenger that's cheaper then the Stratus, but the engines are underpowered. You have an SRT-8 that's in the $40,000 price range, that's more then my 2003 Dodge Ram 2500 5.7L SLT Sport Quad Cab was. A base Neon SRT-4 was $4,000-$5,000 more then the R/T, why are things going to change now?

The SRT would be on the same level, or near, as the Shelby line and the Shelby line took a sharp jump compared to the GT line. I can see the R/T being on the same line as the GT line, especially being that it already has more HP then the GT, so I can see it being just a little more priced as Dodge does. But when we start jumping up to the higher HP cars, we are definitely going to be paying more for them. Until I hear differently from a credible souce or see the pricing on Dodge, I'm going to go by their current reputation, which I do hope does change.

Axel 08-23-2007 06:07 AM

georgejetson 08-23-2007 06:27 AM

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11
We are always getting garbage from allpar
The "garbage from allpar" on the Charger turned out to be dead-on, right down to a detailed pencil drawing of the car months before official images or spy shots showed up. Same deal with most of the other new models in the last 4-5 years. If you want "credible sources" that's the place to go -- IF you know who to pay attention to.

If you guys want to wallow in cluelessness, that's fine, I'll leave you to it. It's not exactly the way to promote traffic to your board, but that's not my problem.

Axel 08-23-2007 06:36 AM

I apologize for the extra posts, I was getting an error each time I tried to post. If there's some way to delete two of those, by all means please let me know.

In all honesty I think we all feel the same way around here, rumors turn around into a firey discussion and people getting upset and throwing fits, kind of like now, that's why people like to stick to the facts here. The only way something is fact is if it come straight from the source, not this website and not that website. We don't mind talking about it, but when people turn around and say it's going to happen and there's no actual proof to back it up, that's when things get heated.

I like to believe the 6.4 will come out, very possible, I like to believe that a 7.0 will come out, probably not happening, but we aren't going to say it's happening because of hearsay. We like to say that right now it's just speculation, price is just specualtion, but when someone comes in and says that it's fact, that's when things get a little touchy.

DodgeInfoCenter on here has confirmed two things, the 6.1 and the 5.7, nothing really much more then that, no price, no engines above that, nothing else, just that we won't be disappointed.

1 Bad Mirada 08-23-2007 08:04 AM

and i should point out that DodgeInfoCenter is a member of the Dodge marketing division...also, i have AIM, so if anyone wants to talk to me, er..i mean some "SRT engineers" ;), hit me...umm..i mean hit them up...:D remember, big news about the challenger production at the dream cruise..?

i kid i kid..but seriously...

george, i base my opinions on that site on the people who are the most active.."be judged by those with whom you keep company". one of the most active rumor-posters over there is nothing more than a 19 year old lot boy at a dodge dealership. he used to post frequently at one of my other sites, claiming information as his own, when we found that he was just copying information from the dodge media site and putting his name on it.

while im aware that allpar does have some good information, they also have some ridiculous rumors...that was the site, that a year ago or so, had "information" about how the challenger was going to cost $19,000. the members and staff here hear all of the rumors, and while some of them may prove to be true, i would rather have a forum filled with known facts than filled half with facts and half with dreamers rumors. maybe the challenger will only cost 30,000 for the 6.1L model. that would be ideal, as it would really
"stick it" to the mustang, but in the last 5 or 6 years, nothing about dodges pricing tables have suggested that the challenger, or any other car released, will be a bargain vehicle. i just dont see them undercutting the other 6.1L cars by 8-13 thousand dollars..unless cerberus is taking the company in a whole different direction.

axel, ill take care of those extra posts..not a problem.

HXC Performance 08-23-2007 10:54 AM

so, HXC, you expect to see a production model with a 727 trans, and a dana rearend? maybe leaf springs? i mean, why else would they put them on the production model if they werent going to use them in production?

Obviously not.. I never said the Super Stock was a preview of the Production model. All I said is that the Super Stock was built to promote the 392 Hemi. Would seem like a large waste of resources if the vehicles only intent was to sell some Crate Motors.

I'd be perfectly happy with a 5.7 and $30,999. I'm more interested in the price being kept down.. lower base price allows for a higher potential aftermarket business.

As much as we have no evidence of there ever being a 6.4 Challenger.. Dodge has also never had 3 Hemi options in one vehicles.

A 6.1 Hemi just will not cut it when the Camaro SS comes out, and already against the GT500. On top of that the Challenger will probably weigh 4,000 pounds.

I have no problem accepting a 5.7 R/T, 6.1 SRT, then a special edition 6.4. But Chrysler has never gone that route before, so its the same as assuming we'll see a 6.1 R/T then a 6.4 SRT. Two possibilities, neither of which Chrysler has done before, speculate what you will.

Axel 08-23-2007 11:36 AM

But, something to keep in mind that this isn't Daimler anymore. Just because they haven't done it in the past doesn't mean they aren't going to do it now. If they are talking about making a change in the engines in 09 and keep things the way they are in 08, it's very possible we'll see different engine "options" if you will, just in different years. If they are watching how all the Mustangs are selling and if they are seeing that they are selling a lot of money, GT, Boss, Buillet, California addition, Shelby GT, Shelby GT500, Shelby it has my name on it so it costs more, then I can see Chrysler doing something similar, just not to the same extremes. There are way to many different Mustangs out there with a small change in this or that just to make more money.

1 Bad Mirada 08-23-2007 11:43 AM

also, in the past, dodge/chrysler/plymouth never really HAD more than one hemi to market...now, they probably will...

Jeremiah 29:11 08-23-2007 04:08 PM

The "garbage from allpar" on the Charger turned out to be dead-on
Sure, occassionally a blind pig with find the corn, just like a fortune teller will sometimes be accurate.

I am not hear to put people or websites down, but would like people to take a lot of data sources before they draw conclusions.

Many people will read something on a website and think it is gospel. It is easy to read half truths and believe the whole thing because
it partly sounds true.

We have speculating for over 18 months and it gets kind of old and wastes of lot of energy, unless, unless, unless, someone finds that good "corn" of information
that is accurate and true.

I think what is more fruitful, is if you talked about how you are going to save your money up financially so you can get this $30K-$50K car.

That is something you can sink you teeth into. Unfortunately, many people will not be available to afford this car or the insurance. That is just reality.

This forum has been up for 18 months, has anybody really started to save up their money up to this point?

1 Bad Mirada 08-23-2007 04:15 PM

we have been putting off buy a new car in preparation for the challenger, and if its not the challenger, it will possibly be a 300.

Jeremiah 29:11 08-23-2007 04:33 PM

If I did not buy a Challenger for some strange reason, I would be really lost as to what car to get.

The reason is, I used to own one and so there is an emotional attachment to this "beast of a car".

I would really have to switch gears but the Porsche Cayman is too expensive.

1 Bad Mirada 08-23-2007 06:39 PM

we have a list of current vehicles that we are considering...
EvoX, 300C SRT-8, various BMWs...

cncpt2prod! 08-23-2007 07:15 PM

We're selling our 2001 box Cherokee (love that car) and buying a new Mercedes 350ML (my wife's idea).
I'll then drive our Jeep Wrangler, then sell it for the Challenger when the dealers are dipping below MSPR for the 5.7L manuals (can't wait)!

davecpa 08-23-2007 08:21 PM

wow who knew a 15 year old could start 11 pages of dialog. The price is going to be like the price of the dodge ram pick-up vs. the chevy 1500 pick-up and the ford F150. Hello, the mustang, the camaro and the challenger are all in the same class. Thus I am sure a company worth over $7.4 billion is aware of the fact they have to be competitive in the market. Come on guys and gals dodge knows consumers are not that stupid.

RoswellGrey 08-24-2007 02:50 AM

All that makes sense, davecpa, except for one thing: the company "worth over $7.4 billion" was worth $37 billion when Daimler bought it nine years ago. ;)

WhichOnesTheGas 08-24-2007 07:19 AM

Hi guys,

First time poster but ive been keeping my eye on this site. I really want to get a few things cleared up, i read all previous pages of this thread but i didn't really get a clear answer.

I remember, although it may have been inaccurate, that some chargers had a $15,000 mark up on them from the deal, and that in addition you had to pay a $5,000 gas guzzler tax. If any of this is is true, should i look for something different to happen for the challenger model?(also what about the lifetime warranty) I know the new ownership and such may make a difference but, its been my experience that when dealing with car companies, that their gonna tell you one thing and sure enough its something compleatly different.

Alot of you have mentioned common sense, or something close to it, when disscusing these companies, but i don't really ever recall a car company using that for any vehicle. They have a bottom line, dollar only attitude and while they may tell you "This is the working mans car" or whatever ad campaign targeting a price bracket of people they spout, they really only care about the $$. (or maybe this only happens to the cars I want [:@])

long story short, whats my price range here? ive been saving up for a few years now to get this car but i keep hearing base is 50 but expect 70 ...i mean come on...id rather get a lexus. IMO

And don't let anything ive said fool you, i live and die for muscle cars which is why ive been penny pinching since i saw this work of art in a magazine a few months before the chicago auto show a couple years back. I just want to still have both my kidneys after purchasing it.

Thanks guys.

1 Bad Mirada 08-24-2007 09:02 AM

ORIGINAL: davecpa

wow who knew a 15 year old could start 11 pages of dialog. The price is going to be like the price of the dodge ram pick-up vs. the chevy 1500 pick-up and the ford F150. Hello, the mustang, the camaro and the challenger are all in the same class. Thus I am sure a company worth over $7.4 billion is aware of the fact they have to be competitive in the market. Come on guys and gals dodge knows consumers are not that stupid.
that is what im hoping for, but think of it this way...if the base engine is the 5.7L, it will have 340-350hp. the mustang GT only has 300hp, and is what, around 28,000? i dont see them charging that price for a vehicle with 15% more power...i mean, id love to see that be the case, as they will sell them faster than they can build then, but im sure not expecting that.

wallstreetman 08-24-2007 11:15 AM

Don't confuse the manufacturer/MSRP with the dealer/Mark-up. This is a supply and demand issue, welcome to the world of Capitalism!

wallstreetman 08-24-2007 11:41 AM

ORIGINAL: WhichOnesTheGas

Hi guys,

First time poster but ive been keeping my eye on this site. I really want to get a few things cleared up, i read all previous pages of this thread but i didn't really get a clear answer.

I remember, although it may have been inaccurate, that some chargers had a $15,000 mark up on them from the deal, and that in addition you had to pay a $5,000 gas guzzler tax. If any of this is is true, should i look for something different to happen for the challenger model?(also what about the lifetime warranty) I know the new ownership and such may make a difference but, its been my experience that when dealing with car companies, that their gonna tell you one thing and sure enough its something compleatly different.

Alot of you have mentioned common sense, or something close to it, when disscusing these companies, but i don't really ever recall a car company using that for any vehicle. They have a bottom line, dollar only attitude and while they may tell you "This is the working mans car" or whatever ad campaign targeting a price bracket of people they spout, they really only care about the $$. (or maybe this only happens to the cars I want [:@])

long story short, whats my price range here? ive been saving up for a few years now to get this car but i keep hearing base is 50 but expect 70 ...i mean come on...id rather get a lexus. IMO

And don't let anything ive said fool you, i live and die for muscle cars which is why ive been penny pinching since i saw this work of art in a magazine a few months before the chicago auto show a couple years back. I just want to still have both my kidneys after purchasing it.

Thanks guys.

Who said base is $50,000? Base will be about the same as a Charger, with demand being crazy, DEALER MARK-UP may send the price as high as $70,000.

Note the words in caps!

RoswellGrey 08-24-2007 02:20 PM

And again, Senor Wall Street, that's when the wise individual lets the $70,000 Challengers sit until they magically become $31,000 Challengers. Capitalism, after all, is a two-way street.

cncpt2prod! 08-24-2007 08:25 PM

That Road and Track survey of new cars said $30K-$32K starting for the 5.7L and 6.1L... are they usually right??

davecpa 08-24-2007 08:29 PM

ORIGINAL: RoswellGrey

All that makes sense, davecpa, except for one thing: the company "worth over $7.4 billion" was worth $37 billion when Daimler bought it nine years ago. ;)
Yes that is why they can afford to sell the challengers so cheap, because they got such a bargain on the company. [sm=shades.gif]

awsure 08-24-2007 11:11 PM

Huh? The company sold for this price because that's all it's worth. As painful as it is to admit Daimler dumped a lagging business unit because they had no confidence left in it. The real cost to Cerberus is not the purchase price but the cost to turn the ship around. They will FAR outspend that 7B over the next couple years.

I am obviously not picking up on the facetious tone of your post cause it's late & I am getting sleepy.

BootCamp 08-25-2007 09:01 AM

ORIGINAL; WhichOnesTheGas

ORIGINAL; wallstreretman
Don't confuse the manufacturer/MSRP with the dealer/Mark-up. This is a supply and demand issue, welcome to the world of Capitalism!
Who said base is $50,000? Base will be about the same as a Charger, with demand being crazy, DEALER MARK-UP may send the price as high as $70,000.

Note the words in caps!

ORIGINAL; RoswellGrey
And again, Senor Wall Street, that's when the wise individual lets the $70,000 Challengers sit until they magically become $31,000 Challengers. Capitalism, after all, is a two-way street.

ORIGINAL: cncpt2prod!
That Road and Track survey of new cars said $30K-$32K starting for the 5.7L and 6.1L...
I think these statements are right on. When the concept was out / touring for the last year+, all of the indications I saw / read / heard were for an MSRP on the Challenger that was comparable with the Charger. I'm planning on an R/T price coming in in the mid to high 30's with the options I want on it. The applicable "gas guzzler tax" will probably put it around the $40K US mark. I won't get one - regardless of what the dealerships do to drive up the price - simply to be the first to have one. I won't be gouged. I'll follow my personal financial plan and work within my budget - wait if necessary.
Ford Dealerships are having trouble getting rid of Shelby GT500's for MSRP + $20K now. The market has been saturated and those who HAD to have one regardless of the markup are becoming fewer and farther between. Bear in mind that the GT500 is still the only pony car currently available too. With the release of the Challenger and Camaro, the market will tilt (albeit only a bit at first) toward the consumer, who will be more able to bargain. Dealerships will wake up when prospective customers walk off the show room floor to go to the competitor's dealership for their muscle car because they wouldn't be gouged.

Yes that is why they can afford to sell the challengers so cheap, because they got such a bargain on the company.

ORIGINAL: awsure
Huh? The company sold for this price because that's all it's worth. As painful as it is to admit Daimler dumped a lagging business unit because they had no confidence left in it. The real cost to Cerberus is not the purchase price but the cost to turn the ship around. They will FAR outspend that 7B over the next couple years.
I also agree with the basis of both of these statements. I could be making myself a target by saying this, but I think DCX had no solid business plan in place for Dodge Chrysler Jeep, and expected "market diversity" and a "customer base / loyalty" alone to sustain the Chrysler / Dodge / Jeep divisions. These divisions that DCX neglected and gave "trickle-down, obsolete and dated" (4-5 year old) technology actually needed the same "cutting edge" engineering they put into their Mercedes line to thrive and grow. So Mercedes was relegating their American divisions to a future like that of Plymouth. They drove those divisions into the ground and "dumped" them (at a huge financial loss) when they realized the proverbial horse had gotten too far out of the barn.
Now that Cerberus has the reigns, knowledge and insight into what they have and where they're starting from, and (supposedly) the expertise of people they've put in the appropriate positions, I think we'll see in very short time what the future will bring for Chrysler LLC.
While Dave (WhichOnesTheGas) is a self admitted muscle car fan, most of us here are MOPAR fanatics and would like nothing more than to see Chrysler LLC rise to the top of the heap. Products like the Challenger will get them there [b]with the right mana

davecpa 08-25-2007 09:09 AM

I am obviously not picking up on the facetious tone of your post cause it's late & I am getting sleepy.
Dude you are right it was a joke. Yes i know i should keep my day job. I just dont take anything i read on this site to serious. Like my mama always said "The proof is in the pudding"... ie we shall all know in about 6 months what the price really is, unitl then i am not worried at all about it. But i do know we will look back at Mr. Wallstreets $70k number and say"what was he smoking?" I also think that if Cerberus does not turn the company around they will sell it to another car company such as Ford... omg... then they can make chally-stang auto

1 Bad Mirada 08-25-2007 09:27 AM

Dude you are right it was a joke. Yes i know i should keep my day job. I just dont take anything i read on this site to serious. Like my mama always said "The proof is in the pudding"... ie we shall all know in about 6 months what the price really is, unitl then i am not worried at all about it. But i do know we will look back at Mr. Wallstreets $70k number and say"what was he smoking?" I also think that if Cerberus does not turn the company around they will sell it to another car company such as Ford... omg... then they can make chally-stang auto
in red, amen!

as for the comments in blue, i think that with the initial markups, we very well may see challengers going for that, which is ridiclous...but it happened with the 40,000 GT500, and i would go so far as to say that the release of the challenger is bigger news than the release of the GT500.

comments in green...with the way that the labor unions are running every business in this country into the ground, the eventual solution to keep up with the less expensive and often more reliable overseas automakers will be a huge american firm, comprised of the big 3 working together. either that, or we will see things like nissan buying GM, toyota buying chrysler, etc...i dont know who woudl want ford...:D

RoswellGrey 08-25-2007 09:56 AM

Has this topic become the longest thread of all times yet? Will this post get onto Page 13? ;)

1 Bad Mirada 08-25-2007 09:58 AM

i could change the number of posts per page and make it any length that we wanted...:D

Jeremiah 29:11 08-25-2007 10:31 AM

The discussion on the companies was interesting but based on the topic: "What is the expected price for the Challenger?"
here we are almost 13 pages and everything is shear speculation and we know no additional information.

If we are going to talk about Cerebus and it's possible philosophy on what it will do, lets make it another post.

BootCamp 08-25-2007 11:33 AM

The discussion on the companies was interesting but based on the topic: "What is the expected price for the Challenger?"
here we are almost 13 pages and everything is shear speculation and we know no additional information.
Agreed. We know absolutely nothing as "fact". But isn't that part of the reason this site (and all others like it) exist?
All we have on the new Challenger is what little Dodge has "officially" released as public information. Even that isn't "fact", but plans and proposals (which can change). And what little they have released would fit on one page of this forum. Aside from the lovely press day at Daytona early last July, the only thing we've gotten "officially" is that the car will be built at the Brampton, Ontario facility.
We have spy shots, insider information, magazine articles, press releases, news articles, rhumors ........ but no facts, because we have no production cars to physically put our hands on. Until it reaches full production and the cars are available for sale to the public and we can measure wheelbase, legroom, weigh them, etc., ALL of our threads about the Challenger are sheer speculation based on the tid-bits Chrysler LLC has given us (with an eyedropper), and any other sources we "personally" put any stock in.

If we are going to talk about Cerebus and it's possible philosophy on what it will do, lets make it another post.
That's a reasonable suggestion. Although I believe the two are indelibly intertwined, and the Challenger's success, as well as ALL of the future vehicles Dodge, Chrysler and Jeep will make are directly related to what direction Cerberus takes, I think the topic merits it's own discussion. We have more than a few intelligent members, administrators and moderators to make such discussions worth the effort.
[sm=goodidea.gif]