Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   Who has a 2008 Challenger on order? (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/who-has-2008-challenger-order-2467/)

mopar2ya 10-02-2008 08:14 PM

RE: Who has a 2008 Challenger on order?

Great point Greg... I too waited many years for this car. Been waiting since long before the concept... amazing how Chrysler finally caught up and pulled through for those of us who waited so long and patiently!! Gotta Love It!! :D

shaky-2 10-02-2008 08:14 PM

Greg i was medicaly retired back in 87 at 50% (MRE'S) tore me up big time today i'm 100% disabeld and work for the Corps i'm an old ARMY Dog like you and have my Army pride this car has giving me back the life i didn't have befor from one Army brother to another i know where your coming from . oh and i did the same badgeing that you did to Crush the Challenger badges really bring out the sides thank you.

Paladin06 10-02-2008 08:26 PM

Amen my Warrior and Challenger brothers and Sisters, Dreams, they are so powerful..

Andre@Edge 10-02-2008 08:30 PM

A very happy Birthday Greg, and I will always be thankful that you and Frank have gave so much so I can sleep sound at night.
I think America will pull through, but no one deserves that credit in DC.

Today, I'm a proud Challenger owner and grateful friend. Life is good!

mopar2ya 10-02-2008 08:41 PM

Indeed... well spoken Bro... First a huge Thank You to those who have given us the Liberty to enjoy our freedom and Secondly to Dodge for building the Challenger for us to enjoy in that freedom.

RoswellGrey 10-03-2008 12:27 PM

ORIGINAL: RoswellGrey

ORIGINAL: brucer41

ORIGINAL: Phantom

I totally understand wise one. I do not mean to diminish the wisdom of any other visitor or member of this forum who has not considered the powerful advantage of driving a HEMI. Truly, a FORD will still get you to the grocery store. Just not as fast.
Are you sure here? Remember, FORD stands for "Found on Road Dead"!
At the risk of keeping THE STRING THAT WON'T DIE alive even longer, I should note it also means "First On Race Day." ;)

Breakdown of cars I've fully owned at one time or another:
1950 Ford Custom Tudor
1970 Maverick
1977 Maverick
1985 Thunderbird
1986 Thunderbird
1994 Thunderbird (best-all around car I've ever had, by the way, but that is said with just over 300 miles on the 09 Challenger)
2000 Mustang

1970 Challenger (best-looking car I've ever had)
2009 Challenger (second-best-looking car I've ever had)
Oh! How could I forget one OTHER Ford I had: The 1989 Tempo I inherited from my old man! THE WORST CAR ever made! I actually traded it in on the 09 Challenger and got something like $300 for it. To tell you the truth, I hated that car so much, I didn't even look to see what its trade-in value was. :D

srt8ace 10-03-2008 02:52 PM

I followed this forum for quite some time. Just days before I picked up my #5236 Black Crystal Pearl Challenger at the dealership on Friday 08/08/08 did I register on this outstanding forum. Thanks to one and all for the greatest "Reality Show" on the internet. I can tell by the way the group jokes around and picks on each other, that only we as Challenger owners share that special bond. I felt another special bond with my Band of Brothers in the fall of 1969 while I was in Vietnam, just when the new 1970 Challenger hit the showrooms. Thanks to all, for the Challenger information. This group is the greatest ! I look forward to following this forum until my number is up, my Challenger is a keeper....enough said !

challygirl 10-03-2008 06:47 PM

srt8ace at least you picked the faster color lol.....you guys are all great and i think the thread is the best...at least now the waiting was just bad but good memories..the
time waiting really is what brought us all together and built our friendships that hopefully will last a life time....i appreciate the respect all of you have given me and i am looking forward to meeting most of you in vegas....Joani

mopar2ya 10-03-2008 06:54 PM

Just sorry I am going to miss the Las Vegas gathering of he Challenger forum faithful. Would love to meet everyone who is going to be there but sadly will not. I am sure you all are going to have an awesome time... and just as sure there are many more who would be there if they had the chance. Jealousy abounds...

challygirl 10-03-2008 07:06 PM

mopar2ya wish you could be there we will make sure to post some pics after our trip