Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

CAMARO PRICING LEAKED!

Old 10-21-2008, 07:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CAMARO PRICING LEAKED!

The 70 Challenger came late to the came and Dodge offered everything they could to help sales....you could have it your way...for sure...cruiser or racer...
^^^
See I like that statement right there... The only problem is this time around they tried to take the racer (SRT) and make it fully optioned... Those are the several thousand dollars that I can't and won't spend...
I mean lets be serious here the difference between 30k and 40k is a whole lot, and even over 5 years it's still a lot...
Old 10-21-2008, 08:40 AM

ORIGINAL: MrKrisSullivan

The 70 Challenger came late to the came and Dodge offered everything they could to help sales....you could have it your way...for sure...cruiser or racer...
^^^
See I like that statement right there... The only problem is this time around they tried to take the racer (SRT) and make it fully optioned... Those are the several thousand dollars that I can't and won't spend...
I mean lets be serious here the difference between 30k and 40k is a whole lot, and even over 5 years it's still a lot...
Times are very different from the 70s...a street racer from the factory has a limited market...No car company is going to try and sell a car marketed at street racing.....I remember the heat Ford took for one of their printed adds that showed a group of young guys hangin in a garage with their new Ford (whatever it was) surrounded by speed parts. The S- hit the fan, as people said Ford was promoting street racing! The Challenger was sold as a performance car with the looks of the old muscle car....not a street racer. It was targeted at a larger customer base, which means adding all the goodies to make everyone (well most everyone) happy. The 08 was always going to be a "Limited Edition" with all the goodies....If people have a problem with that....then buy an 09 RT with less options and a lower price tag..
I guess I am missing the point of why the negative towards the SRT...sure it carries a high price tag but I could say the same thing about a few high level foreign super cars I would love to own...but am unwilling to pay the price of admission....It all comes down to what's best for YOU, and what YOU can afford...same as the 1970s..........
Old 10-21-2008, 11:06 AM

what im saying is I want the 6.1 I just don't want to pay for leather the sound packages and an upgraded stero... you could make a case for the SRT wheels too, what if they had a delete for that???
Why do I have to buy an R/T 5.7 to not get leather... This car isn't a Corvette right??? [&:]
Old 10-21-2008, 12:20 PM

ORIGINAL: MrKrisSullivan

what im saying is I want the 6.1 I just don't want to pay for leather the sound packages and an upgraded stero... you could make a case for the SRT wheels too, what if they had a delete for that???
Why do I have to buy an R/T 5.7 to not get leather... This car isn't a Corvette right??? [&:]
I guess I could make the case that things were the same back in 1970 (to a point);
In order to get leather seats, you had to order the SE package...but what if you didn't want the small back window? To bad (although a few "regular" Challenger got leather without the SE package...but they were exception as that was not suppost to be the case....just like the four Superbirds with power windows) And, you had to take a vinyl top as part of the package.
In order to get the HEMI, you had to accept the Dana rearend and heavy duty suspension as part of the package (dumb not to, but just another case of having to take something else in order to get what you want).
I am sure that there are other examples, but hopefully you can see what I mean.
There are many "Package Car" offered by the various car manufacturers that have options not available
on "regular" models...the 6.1 is offered on the SRT package only...and that's the way Chrysler wants it...it's their top engine and they want it in their top model.
You had to order an SS Camaro to get a big block back in the day...it's the same thing..I know it doesn't help you get your 6.1 in an RT...but...that's life. And there is hope for you, even if it's small...you can delete the hood decal...perhaps other "deletes" will be allowed in the future (if there is one for the Challenger). The best course of action would be to make friends with someone at Chrysler and talk them into allowing you to do what you want.....but good luck on that one...
(**This is all just my two cents, ok maybe ten cents....not trying to be a jerk or anything.......)
Old 10-21-2008, 12:22 PM

if all you care about is performance for the buck then get the Camaro like a few other people have already said.I went with the Challenger becuase when I first saw the concept IMMIDEATELY FELL IN LOVE with it,wayyyyyyyyyyyy before any talk of power train and options.I wanted and bought this car PURELY for its looks,the engine,suspension,stereo and whatever other goodies it has are just a bonus.If Chrysler had only planned to offer a 6cyl like the Prowler I still would have gotten it.

What I'm most curious about now though is service and parts.My sister texted me this afternoon saying the merger of GM and Chrysler is official and they're planning to liquidate Chryslers assets.How is this going to affect all Chrysler owners,and what if anything is it going to do to the value of the limited edition cars like the '08 SRT Challenger,Daytona Charger,Momba Viper?
Old 10-21-2008, 01:03 PM

ORIGINAL: roadagent

What I'm most curious about now though is service and parts.My sister texted me this afternoon saying the merger of GM and Chrysler is official and they're planning to liquidate Chryslers assets.How is this going to affect all Chrysler owners,and what if anything is it going to do to the value of the limited edition cars like the '08 SRT Challenger,Daytona Charger,Momba Viper?
Paladin....meet you at the next JB event........let's bet the rush....
Old 10-21-2008, 01:06 PM

ORIGINAL: roadagent

I went with the Challenger because when I first saw the concept IMMIDEATELY FELL IN LOVE with it,wayyyyyyyyyyyy before any talk of power train and options.I wanted and bought this car PURELY for its looks,the engine,suspension,stereo and whatever other goodies it has are just a bonus.

Same here.........I wanted a Challenger....Actually, I was going to wait for the RT, as the 6.1 and it's performance were not a big concern for me (but now glad I have the SRT)...but wife said let's go for it....so we did.
Old 10-21-2008, 01:51 PM

Actually, I was going to wait for the RT, as the 6.1 and it's performance were not a big concern for me
^^^
Well I guess im just s- out of luck then... Only chance would be to wait for one of the first used ones...
It's really too bad that this is a "package" car... there should be more ways to add and delete opitons on the SRT... It's like SRT stands more for the interrior of this vehicle than anything... wheels and stickers... SRT should be about PERFORMANCE...
I want to pay for Performance more than "accesories"
Old 10-21-2008, 03:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess Dodge sells in package for safety reasons. Buy a more powerful motor... you need better brakes and suspension. Rear end and trans has to hold up too. After that I think with the power windows and my gig, leather and sound system should be delete or drop down in premium sound. But when it comes to performance it should be a package deal. For the very reasons I've posted. But the R/T is a viable and very capable of being a real nice alternant to the SRT-8. I have no problem with the Camaro being a car that someone would buy, its that I am buying a Challenger and this is a Challenger forum. So you might actually have some folks speak up in defense of the car they chose. I wanted a lot of really nice cars back in my youth and I had to wait on used car prices to afford these machines. but today I can afford a new Challenger and that is the car I will get. I could care less if it is a tick slower. As a matter of fact I like Camaro owners to think that when they see my tail lights. My car will not remain stock very long. And as I have stated, we have not seen any real world Camaro facts because they are not on the street yet. So all this talk is speculation, Challenger is here and we can get it if we have the coin. Camaro is a few months away and the talk will only get louder as the hype starts. So lock and load boys, its going to get ugly in here.
Old 10-22-2008, 04:16 PM

Ok fellas you guys are absolultly nutz!!!! I love cars...PERIOD... and what a lot of you guys are saying about the HEMI is freaking lame bro's... Sorry I have to stand up right now...
Have any of ya'll heard about the 6.4 392ci HEMI that was supposed to come out in the Challenger but will probably be nixed??
It puts out just over 500 hp... yep a 6.4 HEMI!!! Cranks out as much to the wheels as the beloved and bloated Z06 Chevy LS7 motor...
Someone please tell me now how can you DISS THAT!!! LMAO...
Ouch!!! it burns... Yeah there not the true original HEMI of old but a 392 smashing just as much as a 427 hmmm.... effeicecy...maybee...yeah...
I JUST PUT THIS UP ON THE CAMARO FORUM THEY WERE HATIN' HARD ON THE HEMI.... MAN I HAD TO DEFEND IT... I THINK THERE JUST SCARED OF IT...

Quick Reply: CAMARO PRICING LEAKED!