Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

The Conquest or Dodge Stealth R/T TT AWD AWS

Old 10-25-2006, 11:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Conquest or Dodge Stealth R/T TT AWD AWS

I wold like to get a 89 Conquest but i hier they have electrical grimlis and head craking probes from over heating. But would putting eingin Ice in it might keep it from over heatting because it is saposed to make motors run 50 degrees cooler but its like 20 bucks for like around 2qt or would i have better luck with a 94 Dodge Stealth R/T, TT, (AWD), (AWS), push buton tunable suspichion, and push buton tunabel xaust. But the Conquest is a real head turner cause a lot of people are like what is that and its fast too. any Imput
Old 10-26-2006, 04:36 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: The Conquest or Dodge Stealth R/T TT AWD AWS

Depends on what you want more. The Stealth will outrun a Conquest, but is most likely more expensive to insure. I have heard of similar problems with the Stealth as well. I admit I'm not an expert when it comes to keeping an engine cool but my advice is to put in a colder thermostat and possibly a more powerful set a fans for the radiator.

Just in case you didn't know, both the Conquest and Stealth are rebadged Mitsubishi products just as Patrick's Stratus is.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 10-27-2006, 03:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I own both of these cars and I'll tell you the Conquest is more of a show out kind of car. I love my Stealth but the Conquest is alot more fun. The Conquest is modded more than the Stealth. I'm running a 20G turbo and a marnel head. 3" exhaust and hard lines. The heating problem they speak of is a quick fix, just hot wire the fans { all 3 of them} to run when the engine is fired up. Also have the radiator rodded out and pressure checked. The site to go to, to find out what mods you need to make these little rockets run fast and reliable is " starquest club.com". The Stealth is just really quick and fast. But with allwheel drive you just can't show your tail as much. Either car is a good choice. For the Stealth answers to speed go to "3si.com". I hope this helps.Randy.
Old 10-27-2006, 06:56 AM

Thanks for yalls input and with that I think I'm gona get the Conquest. Could you give me a sight or a # to call about the head you got on the motor and what about the electrical problem people talk about?
Old 10-27-2006, 06:28 PM

The electical problems they speak of are located in the jumper wires next to the battery. There are a number of fixes for this and if you look in starquestclub.com you can choose one that best suits your needs or mechanical abilities. As for the head. Several Co. carry this head as well as one called Alabama and the magna head from Australia. They all do away with the jet valve and just have the 2 valve drivetrain. They make several multi port fuel injection intakes and stand alone engine mangement systems. The best bet would be to go to E-bay motors and see what they have. Also Midwest Turbo on the internet is a good place to look. Do not use TOPEND PERFOMANCE out of California. There are a number of cam choices to use and the members of the starquest club are the best producers of after market products for this platform. Take a look at KDM products for this car. The quality is unmatched for the price. Enjoy your Conquest and be safe. As for how good they run on the street. I'm running just a Walbro fuel pump with stock injectors. And the best comparison I can give to the performance is a run with a modded Fire Hawk{ headers and cat back/w CAI. I stayed side by side in 1st and 2nd. He pulled 1/2 a car in 3rd and another 1/2 in 4th. That is where we shut down at about 125-130. He could not believe it was a 4-banger. These car mod real good. You can just add a manual boost controler and push the horse power to 230-240. If you need any help just call on me. Randy.
Old 10-27-2006, 11:30 PM

Thanks again and when i get back to the states I'll prolly give you a call.
Old 10-28-2006, 02:36 AM
Super Moderator

Here are a few articles on both models.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodge_Conquest
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodge_Stealth
Granted they are from wikipedia which isn't the best outlet but it will provide you with some more info. Enjoy!

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 10-28-2006, 01:18 PM

The Stealth TT is a badass car! I don't care that it is a Diamond Star, either. I was tooling around campus the other day, and I saw a first-gen (pop-up headlights) ES. It was beat to hell, dents, mismatched fenders, and these tires with mile-high sidewalls. I mean, these tires looked like they belong on Farmer Jim's '65 Chevy Apache truck! That car gave me an idea though...

RALLY CAR!!! I am not talking "Lancer-Evo-versus-WRX-through-Spencer's-Glen-in-Wales" rallycar slammed to the weeds like a tuner except with more stickers and less interior, I am talking a badass "Paris-to-Dakar I-shit-out-Pajeros,-Lancias,-and 959s" rally car!

Think about it: The TT has the air-ride suspension similar to the 959, (adjustable hieght), all wheel drive, dual mode exhaust, and the intelligent all wheel steering system, (under 25 miles per hour, the front wheels turn opposite of the rears for sharper low speed turns, and above 55, the wheels turn in the same direction). This car was the apotheosis of early nineties japanese automotive technology!

Now, take Stealthie, mold in four driving lights on her nose, like the Lancia Stratos, throw a few more on a lightbar over the sunroof, lift that monster three or four inches, throw on some 34" or 36" tires, and go show the big trucks at Glamis whos bad!!!
Old 10-28-2006, 04:38 PM
Super Moderator

Very true, kelly. The only thing is I have this problem against Mitsubishi. I don't like their products that much and I haven't had an overall positive experience with their cars. The Stealth is nice but if I wanted the 3000GT, I'd get a 3000GT. When I want a Dodge, I want a Dodge. When I want an import, I'll buy from the import brand.

Frankly, I'd rather have either a Firebird or Mustang than a rebadged version of the 3000GT. I prefer American approaches to performance cars as opposed to Japanese approaches. Plus the people I know that have owned either Stealths or 3000GTs have had very expensive problems. My friends who have had Firebirds or Mustangs have had fewer problems and spend less when they have to fix them with the exception of those who have owned 3.8L Mustangs.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 10-28-2006, 05:39 PM

I have 240000 miles on my Stealth. My sons Stealth has 230000 miles on it. I do all my own work on our cars and they are not babied. We change oil every 3000 miles and the Stealth is my daily driver. I can't find a whole lot to complain about. The car gets looks every where it goes. They ask if its a new car. Its a 1991. As far as the Conquest, it only has 180000 miles on it and it was my daily driver. But maybe we lucked out I don't know. I'm partial to my Challenger and GTX. But they have just under 100000 miles on them. You guys take it easy and have a nice day. Randy.

Quick Reply: The Conquest or Dodge Stealth R/T TT AWD AWS