Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Fourth Fast & Furious Movie Nears Production

Old 08-29-2007, 09:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fourth Fast & Furious Movie Nears Production

Let's just hope that those classics were replicas and not the real thing.

As far as the movie coming out in 08, doubt it. IMDB has it listed as an 09 movie, they are still getting together screenwrighters and everything seems to be much speculation at this point. To much speculation for it to come out in 08, unless of course it's a bad movie. Though probably not reliable, here's some more information posted yesterday.

http://www.filmstalker.co.uk/archive..._developm.html
Old 08-29-2007, 03:16 PM

ORIGINAL: RLSH700

Sounds interesting. The only problem is I think this series is getting to the point where it should be retired. I just hope they don't rice the Challenger or destroy it for that matter. I agree with Yankee about destroying the Camaro and Challenger in 2F2F. How about they destroy that Evo and lame convertible Eclipse. Those are a dime a dozen and were still in production at that time.
Agreed, they are still makeing Evos and there are plenty of weak Eclipses left. The muscle cars are drying up. Also I don't think it was a 1970 Charger I think it was a 68 or 69 get confused between the two. I know the grill is differnt an some other things plus it has been a long time sence I watched that movie.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe... if I recall correctly, it being a 70. The difference in a 68 and 69 is the tailights and side lamps on a 68 are round and a 69 are reflector square (no light bulbs).The 69 has elongated tailights. The 70 has a bumper that goes around the grill. I might be wrong, but I believe it was a 70. The same car used in the movie blade if I recall correctly. If nothing else the F&F 4 will offer something for all ages. I just enjoy car movies, the action and the cars. A plot and a story line are a deffinite plus. If the Challenger is released to do the movie, it will be a good thing no doubt. I think it will, if done right, be like Vanishing Point was in my day. I still see the scenes in my mind after 36 years and they are always very exciting.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:55 PM
Super Moderator

Fast and Furious 4 Rumors

Casting and location buzz for the next sequel.
by Stax

August 29, 2007 - Just days after it was revealed in the trades that Universal wants to put a fourth The Fast and the Furious before cameras by March (to avoid the looming industry strikes) -- this despite not having either a script or a director ready -- comes the first casting rumors for the film.

According to the automotive consumer site Edmunds.com's Inside Line, citing sources close to the first three Fast and the Furious films, "it's rumored that the next film will reunite many characters and actors from the first three including Vin Diesel, Paul Walker, Tyrese Gibson and Lucas Black."

IGN checked with a source close to Lucas Black's camp, however, who was highly doubtful of the actor's involvement with the sequel.

Edmunds also claims, "Obviously the story will once again center around automotive mayhem of the most intense sort, but the rumor is that this time most of the action will be set in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil."

The site adds that the cars for the film might include a 1970 Dodge Charger (which also featured in the first film), the new Dodge Challenger, the Chevrolet Opala and perhaps a 1987 Buick GNX for Vin Diesel's character.

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 08-30-2007, 04:59 AM

It's actually not a Charger, it is in fact a Challenger. 1970 Challenger R/T 426 HEMI. Here is the best model of seen of it thus far, though they screwed up the exhaust. I mean it looks like the original exahust, they just look poorly done, the one on the left are uneven.

http://www.motormint.com/index.asp?P...ROD&ProdID=455

Here is the Ertl model, though not quite as good as the original, it's still not bad, assuming that it's still up since it's on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ERTL-1970-70-DOD...QQcmdZViewItem

And then finally for the Vanishing Point enthusiats, they have a 1/18 scale, one clean, one "dirty", clean complete with Colorado plates. Here is the clean one.

http://www.moviecarmania.com/prodima...er_50554_L.jpg

Here's the dirty one.

http://a248.e.akamai.net/f/248/5462/...s/bj10bw53.jpg

Anyone recall what Diesel was in at the end of Tokyo Drift?

And update on the classics in 2F2F, it looks like at least the Challenger was a clone, I don't know about the Camaro. Found the information on Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2_Fast_2_Furious which I know usually isn't reliable, but it looks like that information came from Kris Palmer The Fast and the Furious The Official Car Guide Pgs 62-63 which I don't know how reliable that is, but I hope it is.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:11 AM

The car from 2fast 2furious was indeed a 1970 Challenger. But from the first movie I believe it to be a 1970 Black Charger. The one that wheelies at the end with Vin driving and crashing into the pickup.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:34 AM

Oh yeah, the one with the fake Hemi throwing a rod. We know it's a fake Hemi because no Hemi would throw a rod.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:00 AM

True...so true.
Old 08-30-2007, 11:47 AM

Yes, indeed it was a 70 Charger. Another model made by Ertl

http://www.idcow.com/etl2007.html