Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

FYI: Public Service Announcement!

Old 02-12-2010, 08:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FYI: Public Service Announcement!

FYI: Suspecious Email Spammers! This past week I've been receiving several suspicious email from members on this site saying my computer had virus's on it. Today I received notification from supposedly this forums site administrators that not only was my computer infected but my account was about to be deleted as a result. Spent the better part of an hour with McAfee Anti Virus tech support and found no email virus's whatsoever. As of today my computer got a cleanbill of health.
Point I'm trying to make is there are members here on this site who have no interest other then get you to infect your computer with there crap. Check and make sure your anti virus software is working and up to date. If you don't currently use any anti virus protection, get some immediately if not sooner. Don't click on anything from anyone especially from people purporting to be be site administrators with messages saying dire consequences are in the works for you unless you comply.
The people doing this are spineless, losers whao truly have nothing better to do with themselves then to go around and infect other peoples computers. If you get an email like I just described, don't panic. Run a virus scan on your computer and believe with its telling you and not some phishing fool who wants nothing more then spread a virus to "YOUR" computer.
I really wish some one who actually has autority that could actually do something about this vexing problem would spend the time and look into it thoroughly. Hey there's no shortage of 2008 & up Challenger based forums on the web these days. Your computers health and well being are in your hands. Be proactive, don't wait for trouble & virus's to find you!
Old 02-12-2010, 09:41 AM

^ we have all experienced these emails, they tend to use the last pm'd member as the lead off to the next message sent, so it tends to look like either they sent it or a group of members have sent it.

Admins & Mods: RLSH700, and Jeremiah and others (sorry guys if I forgot you), are aware of the issue and have been vigilant with removing these hackers who as I have put it are nothing more than "closet emo geeks dwelling in their mothers basement because they lack social skills to get a REAL life, or get laid"

but they have been looking into other options like minimun posting before user can pm, that should stall alot of these hackers and spambots.

I have this site up on my desktop almost majority of the day and can quickly pick out these users and inform the admins, it's annoying to have these idiots spamming us, but it's bieng looked after.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:37 PM

Arrow

Hey Canadiancanuck,
thanks for the up date & information, I really appreciate it. Its nice to know that I'm not the only one receiving these. I absolutely love your description of these "spammers" its so spot on. You'd think these individuals could find a place on the web other then here after all the internet is pretty vast area. If I were an administrator I'd check other similar web sites to see what works best. If the mods don't get a handle on thi situation soon, people will have no choice to look elsewhere then here for 2008+ Dodge Challenger Information.
Hey all you mods out there as Bill Ingel (comedian) says; "this is your sign"!

Doozle.

PS - What exactly happened with your Challenger?
Old 02-12-2010, 12:39 PM

^ the 09' had electrical issues, crashed it, fixed it, sued Chrysler,sold it (traded it in) on another one(2010)...... love the new one, definately a way better car.
Old 02-15-2010, 06:17 AM

FYI: My anti virus software Co., McAfee has taken the offending mail spammer email that was sent to me and they are going to research it as to what their anti virus software did not intercept it it. Folks start doing this and we can kick this thing to a whole new level. Its obvious to the mods can't be bothered with taking a more active role dealing with this so we the board members are going to have to do this for ourselves. Sometimes you just have to solve problems yourself, God knows the mods here are no help whatsoever!
Old 02-15-2010, 07:20 AM

I'm new to this forum but am a member of other Challenger forums and have been hit with this spam PM about 15 times here and it looks like the admans and mods are on top of it.
Old 02-15-2010, 07:56 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Doozle
FYI: My anti virus software Co., McAfee has taken the offending mail spammer email that was sent to me and they are going to research it as to what their anti virus software did not intercept it it. Folks start doing this and we can kick this thing to a whole new level. Its obvious to the mods can't be bothered with taking a more active role dealing with this so we the board members are going to have to do this for ourselves. Sometimes you just have to solve problems yourself, God knows the mods here are no help whatsoever!
Well I have been banning people left and right over the last couple of weeks and about 50 over the weekend. ??????
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 02-15-2010, 09:50 AM

I'll have more for ya Jeremiah hahaha if you want the rest of the member list done.
Old 02-15-2010, 12:08 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by canadiancanuck
I'll have more for ya Jeremiah hahaha if you want the rest of the member list done.
Sure!
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 02-15-2010, 01:00 PM

H-J complete - pm sent with newest spam list

Quick Reply: FYI: Public Service Announcement!