Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Guys/Gals I could really use your help;updated 5/12/08

Old 04-16-2008, 08:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Guys/Gals I could really use your help

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

I am a cinnamon freakazoidler. Where is my cinnamon toothpaste?

I hope the survey helps.
Same here.
Nothing like the cool "burn" of slamming my mouth with a load of Crest Cinnamon just before the morning's first cup of coffee.

joeyr;
When do we get to do the motor oil or gasoline surveys? They're done in conjunction with the condom surveys, right?
Leave plenty of room for "comments" on that poll.
Old 04-16-2008, 10:45 AM

ORIGINAL: BootCamp

They're done in conjunction with the condom surveys, right?
And make sure the size options you list are just "Large," "Extra Large" or "Muy Grande."
Old 04-16-2008, 08:27 PM

ORIGINAL: BootCamp

Same here.
Nothing like the cool "burn" of slamming my mouth with a load of Crest Cinnamon just before the morning's first cup of coffee.

joeyr;
When do we get to do the motor oil or gasoline surveys? They're done in conjunction with the condom surveys, right?

Orginal: Roswell Grey

And make sure the size options you list are just "Large," "Extra Large" or "Muy Grande."
From toothpaste to motor oil to condoms; I am sure the comments would be a liitle biased by gender on that last one

Old 04-17-2008, 01:04 AM

ORIGINAL: joeyr

From toothpaste to motor oil to condoms; I am sure the comments would be a liitle biased by gender on that last one

Not just gender biased, but AGE biased, too. Joey. Remember, SOME of us had Challengers in the 1970s. Fortunately in that era, we didn't have to shower in raincoats or wash our hands wearing gloves like you younger people have had to.
Old 05-12-2008, 10:00 PM

Default RE: Guys/Gals I could really use your help (updated 5/12/08))

This is an Update to my assignment:

Thanks to the help of you guys and others, I was able not only make an A on the group assignment but I was able to make an A in the class. I even managed to get a 4.0 this semester. This was a hard semester which makes it all the more special and I thank you all for your help getting through it. Special thanks to Dskippy for his help with my disastrous resume via email [sm=thanx.gif]. This week was also the week my father had two strokes a year ago. Today is also my 21st birthday and it was happily uneventful aside from sleeping in, eating pizza, and watching Iron Man at the theatre. So now I can enjoy my summer vacation, until June when summer classes start [].
Old 05-13-2008, 05:51 AM
Super Moderator

Congrats on the 4.0! and de nada for the help. I have no doubt you'll put it to good use when the time is right!

I hope your father is recovering as quickly as possible.

On a brighter note, Happy Birthday!

I understand Iron Man is a pretty good flick.

Last few years in school were full time (summer sessions) they'll keep you're mind lively and keep you from having to build that momentum back up in the fall.

Enjoy the hiatus until then.

Old 05-13-2008, 08:09 AM
Super Moderator

This is an Update to my assignment:

Thanks to the help of you guys and others, I was able not only make an A on the group assignment but I was able to make an A in the class. I even managed to get a 4.0 this semester. This was a hard semester which makes it all the more special and I thank you all for your help getting through it. Special thanks to Dskippy for his help with my disastrous resume via email [sm=thanx.gif]. This week was also the week my father had two strokes a year ago. Today is also my 21st birthday and it was happily uneventful aside from sleeping in, eating pizza, and watching Iron Man at the theatre. So now I can enjoy my summer vacation, until June when summer classes start [].
Congrats joeyr! An Excellent job all around. Sounds like my life when I was your age (2 years ago). Happy birthday, so did you enjoy Iron Man as much as I did? Did you go out and party on your 21st?

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 05-13-2008, 01:53 PM

ORIGINAL: DSkippy

Congrats on the 4.0! and de nada for the help. I have no doubt you'll put it to good use when the time is right!

I hope your father is recovering as quickly as possible.

On a brighter note, Happy Birthday!

I understand Iron Man is a pretty good flick.

Last few years in school were full time (summer sessions) they'll keep you're mind lively and keep you from having to build that momentum back up in the fall.

Enjoy the hiatus until then.
Thanks.

Honestly looking back on it the stroke situation was pretty funny how it transpired. He had one of them when we eating with a missionary at our church but we didn’t realize it. They second one happened when he was out of town on a meeting. He called my mom as said I think I’m having a stroke. And my mom asked him, are you are at the hospital yet. He said I don’t have time for that I have a big meeting to go to. Even we he went to a hospital after he came home, he brought his laptop with him and people even came by to pick up plans and other business documents. He was truly blessed; the doctors don’t know how his is functioning at such a high level. Aside from taking medication and exercising he has nothing else to really do.

ORIGINAL: RLSH700

Congrats joeyr! An Excellent job all around. Sounds like my life when I was your age (2 years ago). Happy birthday, so did you enjoy Iron Man as much as I did? Did you go out and party on your 21st?
I really didn’t do much, today me and my sister will be going to see Chris Paul and the Hornets stomp on the Spurs in the Hive (New Orleans Arena).

Dksippy and RLSH700, The Iron man movie was awesome. I was surprised, it sticked fairly close to the original story line. I like it better than the first Spiderman. Cant wait to see The new Hulk, Hellboy, Batman, and Narnia movie. Also At the end of Ironman after the credits there is a "preview" for the Avenger’s movie coming up.
Old 05-13-2008, 02:21 PM
Super Moderator

I really didn’t do much, today me and my sister will be going to see Chris Paul and the Hornets stomp on the Spurs in the Hive (New Orleans Arena).

Dksippy and RLSH700, The Iron man movie was awesome. I was surprised, it sticked fairly close to the original story line. I like it better than the first Spiderman. Cant wait to see The new Hulk, Hellboy, Batman, and Narnia movie. Also At the end of Ironman after the credits there is a "preview" for the Avenger’s movie coming up.
Well, I hope you enjoy that. All I did was eat out at Applebee's with my family who came to visit me and watch a few episodes of Monk.

I'm glad you were impressed as well. I wasn't expecting this to be very good and I was pleasantly surprised, though I was mad that they crushed that Shelby, (why couldn't they crush the Audi, they still make those). My list is very similar with the new Indiana Jones movie on the list, though I'm concerned about their choice of Shia LaBeouf as I'm not crazy about his performance in movies. Yes Transformers was a great movie but I think it was more despite him as opposed to because of him. I would have preferred it if they would have brought back Jonathan Ke Quan (Short Round) for the sake of that he was in one of the originals and give him some fighting scenes and bring back the fighting that happened between him and Indy, or someone else that at least wears a belt.[:'(]

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 05-13-2008, 02:31 PM

I forgot about Indiana Jones. As I saw the preview I was thinking Harrison is looking a little to old to be doing this tiype of movie. I also saw speed racer, and loved it. It was a little corny tho.

Quick Reply: Guys/Gals I could really use your help;updated 5/12/08