Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Joker dies at 28

Old 01-28-2008, 03:20 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Joker dies at 28

ORIGINAL: MGDMike

First, Heath was a good actor and no I have never seen Broke Back Mountain and never will. Second, I don't give a gawddang hooiee what actors and actresses go through... They frickin "act" for a living! Thats the job they wanted to be in, just the same for me... I wanted to be a soldier and I've done a damn good job at it for the past 9 years and will do it for as long as I can as well. I've seen more fricked up crap than those people ever will(as well as some of you because some of you have been around the block alot longer than I have). So I'm not buying any of that lets feel sorry for them crap and we need to walk in their shoes before judging them. Eff that. Period and done.
I'm sorry, but Mike is 100% correct on this one. I'm sorry if this seems insensitive but I really don't care about actors dying beyond hoping that they had a good relationship with God when they died. How many warnings are there about not doing the things these people have a reputation for doing, yet they do it anyways. I'm sick of feeling sorry for people like this when I see good, honest people who make real sacrifices end-up dying slow painful deaths that they did not deserve and then as an insult to injury people do disrespectful things to them while others are trying to respect their memory. I have watched people who had physical disabilities lose their only child due to illnesses they were born with to later die slowly, bed ridden, paralyzed from the waist down, and in constant pain, that is a sad story. The treatment our Vets have is also a sad story. A person who was unsatisfied with their life for who knows why does drugs and dies from it to me isn't that sad. I feel sorry for any kids but not for him.

Now having said this, he was a talented actor. He did a great job in "A Knight's Tale," which is the only thing I have seen him in up to my knowledge and it is a shame but not a tragedy.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 01-28-2008, 03:53 PM

o wow u guys are full of it. they do not know his cause of death they assume it was accidental. it is a TRAGEDY that he can no longer be a loving father to his daughter who he was. it is a SHAME that his unlimited supply of talent is gone and we will never see what could have come out of this guy acting wise for years to come. dont go saying that only people who die for their country or die fighting and so on and so on should be called a tragedy. this guy was a human being and whenever a human being dies at the age of 28 accidentally (if that is the case in which it seems it is) it is a tragedy, an all out TRAGEDY. this man was depressed due to a divorce and could not sleep knowing that his daughter might never see him again. he was taking sleeping pills which many many people do and apparently one of the deadly rare side effects hit him and now hes gone. have some respect for a human being who died at such an early age and stop JUDGING A BOOK BY ITS COVER. this thread is making me sick of seeing insensitive people trashing a guy who acted more like a normal person than a celebrity and bringing god into the equation when you should be evaluating your judgement of people if your so religious. if he suicided which it seems like he didnt it is a shame. If it was accidental then it is a TRAGEDY.

please reevaluate the way you judge people
Old 01-28-2008, 06:54 PM
Super Moderator

Kevin and Justin, you guys are missing the forest for the trees. I don't believe too many, if any, people were speaking to the kind of person this guy was or wasn't. The fact is, as stated by Justin, none of us knew him. His death was a loss; but no more than any other, and if your point is principled, you'll pick randoms out of the obits and give them the EXACT same remorse and respect.

I think the point being reflected upon by some and rejected upon by others, is the artificial nature of our culture to place more value on people who entertain us vs. those who protect us (police, firemen, soldiers), serve us (doctors, teachers, garbage men) and inspire us (local athletes, people who give back to their communities). These people in our communities deserve more than these poor tragic millionaires. And whether they do it for the love of the art or some intangible reason is moot; they get to do what they want and some of them are rewarded much more richly than those who give themselves selflessly and then pass in obscurity with no fanfare. I find it as offensive w/ the news who only decides to report on missing attractive people.

Old 01-28-2008, 07:34 PM

i get you damn skippy . my point was exactly yours. it seemed to me like they were giving more respect to others and less to heath because he was a celebrity. i pay the same respects to an officer or a celebrity that dies. ifthey were saying what you were saying i agree. if not my argument still stands.
Old 01-29-2008, 03:30 PM

I gave my respect to Heath and will continue to do so as well... but I wasn't born in a barn last night in the dark either.
Old 01-31-2008, 03:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well its a shame, RIP no doubt. He seemed like a likeable actor in the movies I saw and no I did'nt see brokeback mountain. Never will. But his life was his choice and mistakes and all its his legacy. Too young to die but you have to take care of yourself. In hollywood they will chew you up and spit you out. If that is your choice then expect the worst. But to all the soldiers who protect our country, and die for the cause of freedom... I put on a higher state of respect. Firemen and police are in this as well as others who give selflessly for their communities. An actor entertains and thats all well and good, but I don't put my entertainment ahead of my protection and well being. When you have an emergency I bet your first call isn't to a man who played a cop or a doctor but to one who is. A shame for one to die so young, but he may have had a hand in his own demise. I don't think he meant to but abuse of drugs will cause adverse affects and even death. Use some common sense when taking meds and try methods that are safer. We all seem to look for a quick fix these days and its killing some of us. I wish we compensated our true heros as well as we do our fantasy ones. We could all sleep a little better at night knowing we are doing what is right. So heres to all our fallen HEROs and those who are in watch over us today. Thank you, thank you. Let it be known that we are very proud of you and hold you in high esteem.
Old 01-31-2008, 10:44 AM

My tolerance for anyone who dies by a drug overdose - purposely or accidentally - is pretty much the same for anyone, no matter if they're a junkie on the street or a multi-millionaire Hollywood celebrity, it's pretty much ZERO. Call me insensitive or intolerant - I really don't care.

If you think I'm wrong or disagree with me, fine. But that's how I feel, and nothing will ever change that - in fact, reading some of the posts here and elsewhere that choose to give a DRUG USER the "benefit of the doubt" only reinforces my belief.
Old 01-31-2008, 11:02 AM

CORRECTION....HE WAS A "PRESCRIPTION DRUG" USER....just like many people who cant sleep due to things going on in their life. i rest my case.
Old 01-31-2008, 11:18 AM

Still theres no reason to go over the recommended dose level for what ever he was taking, if he had to take more than perscribed then he needed a stronger sleeping aid, not disagreeing with you just a simple fact
Old 01-31-2008, 12:20 PM

yea i agree with you boom... ultimately it was his fault... whether he wasnt pointed out by his doctor how much to take or it may have been those rare side affects that the specific pill had.... jack nicklson said he use to take those pills and warned heath of the side affects...jack nearly drove off a 50 foot cliff. kinda sad these pills are in the market.

Quick Reply: Joker dies at 28