Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

What is your favorite TV show?

Old 06-21-2006, 06:50 PM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What is your favorite TV show?

i have a learned disliking of the power block shows...

this past season, i didnt watch anything on monday...on tuesday i watch house...on wednesday i watch lost...nothing on thursday, and nothing on friday or saturday...and on sunday, i try to catch the simpsons and family guy...

this season, i dont have any shows that i watch regularly, but having had a restarurant, i enjoy hells kitchen.
Old 06-21-2006, 07:08 PM
Super Moderator

Family Guy is pretty good most of the time. I guess you either don't have cable or you just don't like to watch reruns of Family Guy on either TBS or on "Adult Swim" on the Cartoon Network.

So you had a restuarant? What did you have and what was it like?

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 06-21-2006, 09:34 PM
Administrator

i watch family guy reruns too...i thought that we were talking prime time TV..

as for my eatery...it was in college. i was the manager of "Steel City Steaks". it as in downtown pittsburgh, and we specialized in steak sandwiches and salads...downtown pittsburgh is a ghost town at night, so we were only open 10am-2pm.

while it doesnt sound like anything special, we had a specially seasoned steak, cooked in front of the customers. it was sort of an open-air place...youd walk up and order, and you had a choice of either steak, chicken, turkey, burgers or chicken...you would walk up, order your sandwich or salad (i preferred the sandwich). the steak was thin sliced, and we would spread it on a flat grill with your choice of green peppers, onions, mushrooms, banana peppers, jalepenos...the chef would dice everything up and mix it together on the grill...the better guys could flip things over their shoulder and catch them..etc...then you would put the cheese over the meat and put the bun on top..that steams the flavor of the meat into the bun and crisps the corners a bit.

while it sounds like a run of the mill sandwich with some theatrics, our catch was that nothing was ever frozen
we got there every morning at 7am and started by cutting the freshly delivered steak sides...the french fries were cut every morning...the burgers were fresh weekly (hard to keep them fresh daily) and ALL of the veggies were cut fresh every morning, delivered on monday, wednesday and friday...nothing frozen, nothing canned...we didnt make out own bread, but it was also delivered fresh every morning..it was still hot when it got there...
Old 06-21-2006, 10:01 PM
Super Moderator

No, any TV period. I just wanted to talk about what your favorite show that you can still see on TV whether or not it is reruns.

Actually it sounds like it was great. My friends Italian place doesn't freeze anything either and that makes a world of difference. It would have been a nice place to go to if they had one in my area.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 06-21-2006, 10:24 PM
Administrator

well, we were doing well, until a chik-fil-a moved in next door, and people would rather pay 7 bucks for deep friend crap..
Old 06-21-2006, 11:41 PM
Super Moderator

Don't you hate it when that happens. I appreciate the taste of fresh stuff quite a bit. People who only eat fried don't know what they are missing out on.

P.S. your Mirada looks nice!

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 06-22-2006, 09:19 AM
Administrator

thanks! the picture is a little grainy...
Old 06-22-2006, 05:01 PM
Super Moderator

That is a digital camera for you. After my classes are done and I'm back in Ghettoville (oh I mean Sparta), I'll have to make a picture for the bottom of my pages (I want to use a picture of my Intrepid). I actually don't have a digital camera (I don't take many pictures anyways), but my brother has his cell phone. It isn't the greatest quality, but hey it's a digital camera. Either that or I'll mouch (wait I mean borrow) my friend's digital camera.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 06-22-2006, 05:22 PM
Administrator

well, the problem is that i dont have an editing program...i do them all in MS paint...it was a huge picture, so when i downsize it to the right size, it gets grainy.

we have several digital cameras, which i need for work...
Old 06-22-2006, 05:55 PM
Super Moderator

Okay, my brother has complained about that program before. They say that Macs are supposed to be better with pictures and stuff like that. Now that they are supposed to be able to accliable with Windows maybe that will work for you (or is the problem just Windows). BTW if you don't mind me asking, what are you doing for a job (or are these sites your job)?

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Quick Reply: What is your favorite TV show?