Notices
Sights N Sounds Post your pics, videos, and sound clips here.

Old vs. New Challenger

Old 02-06-2007, 07:34 PM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Old vs. New Challenger

well, i would not turn down any company car...my company car with my first job was a 1988 mercury gran marquis. but it was free, so i rocked it all over the place. the original motor died, so they bought a 5.0L out of a wrecked fox body stang, and it ran pretty good for what it is...and did CRAZY burnouts...
Old 02-06-2007, 09:38 PM
Super Moderator

Sorry , but I cannot not afford to do that, as I have to take customers out in a professional looking vehicle.......not something that looked like a Demon took a hold of it.
LOL! As in Dodge Demon......it really is getting late.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 02-07-2007, 01:32 PM

I would just be happy to have a company vehicle. My company only gives me a gas allowance every month and that's it.[:'(]
Old 02-07-2007, 01:50 PM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

Sorry , but I cannot not afford to do that, as I have to take customers out in a professional looking vehicle.......not something that looked like a Demon took a hold of it.
LOL! As in Dodge Demon......it really is getting late.
oh...we always met the customer on site...
Old 02-07-2007, 05:19 PM
Super Moderator

Wait minuet, I thought your company car was a Ford Taurus, Jeremiah. If the Caravan is your company car, what is your personal car?

My dad has had company cars for many years but he normally gets crappy ones, not because he can't get a good one, but because my dad has no taste nor negotiation skills. His fellow workers have had Intrepids, loaded Buicks, various Chryslers, and Impalas, but my dad buys the first thing he sees. This is the history of what he has had 1970 something Dodge Coronet (not a bad car), Dodge Aspen (not the best looking car), Ford Fairmont (do I even have to comment), two Chevy Celebrities (ICK!), two 3.0L powered Dodge Dynasty (didn't help his age image), the crappy Olds Ciera which I had before my Intrepid (double ICK!), a strip down 1998 Ford Catfish (excuse me Taurus), and currently a 2004 Taurus SES (fit and finish is terrible). I'd be exstatic to have a company car no matter what it is but if they actually let you choose, the least you can do is shop around and get something nice instead of a bunch of grandma mobiles.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 02-07-2007, 05:38 PM
Super Moderator

My company cars was a Ford Granada from 80-81, then a Ford LTD from 81-82, then I think I had Tauruses from 1982-2002 approximately.

In 2004, I had a used company car, the Chrysler Concorde which was a bigger, better, faster, stronger, quieter, and handled better car than any of the Tauruses I ever had.

I only had this car for a year, then I got the Dodge Grand Caravan and it's a great vehicle even though 1BadMirada will never get one. LOL!
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 02-07-2007, 06:17 PM
Super Moderator

You must have had something different between 82-86 because the Taurus wasn't introduced until 86. Which engine did you have in your Concorde? My Intrepid is on the same platform and my father prefers my Intrepid to his Taurus despite the fact that mind has 100K more than his. The engine on his Taurus doesn't start very easily in this cold weather. One morning, I just about couldn't get his Taurus to start. Mine starts normally on the first turn of the key.

Jeremiah 29:11

I only had this car for a year, then I got the Dodge Grand Caravan and it's a great vehicle even though 1BadMirada will never get one. LOL!
HAHAHA! That is the sad part though. Chrysler minivans are popular for a good reason. They are very comfortable for long trips (more comfortable than many SUVs and large Lincolns and Cadillacs I have ridden in), very reliable beyond the A/C, good on fuel, safe, inexpensive, but yet they get a bad name because society has considered a minivan to be a soccor mom mobile. Image is what is destroying the segment even though it is the perfect vehicle in many areas.

The ironic thing is that vehicles like the Honda Pilot are considered to be attractive and opposite from this when they are infact a minivan with conventional doors. Chrysler ought to make a more SUV styled vehicle from the minivan line that doesn't look even close to a minivan (the Pacifica looks too much like a minivan so it doesn't count), since this is what the Japanese are doing and succeeding at this instead of trying to call a station wagon an SUV (Jeep Compass & Patriot).

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 02-07-2007, 06:34 PM
Super Moderator

I probably had the Granada for a couple of years and the LTD for 3 years, then with the Tauruses we got a new car every year. So I went through a lot of cars over the years.

One thing that just happened is that I had to have the rack and pinion worked on because it was leaking fluid. Very unusual for only 25K miles.

Regarding your comment about your Dad buying the first cars he sees, just take him to a Dodge dealership and make sure the Viper is parked in the front by the door.

Do you think that would work? Maybe he would let you drive sometime.

Our Five Star dealership always has one parked inside by the front door and outside as well. They sure look awesome and mean. When I have time, I crawl inside sometimes.

My only complaint with the Viper is the space is cramped and I am not that big, and outside viewing when shifting lanes is horrible.
Old 02-07-2007, 07:17 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

One thing that just happened is that I had to have the rack and pinion worked on because it was leaking fluid. Very unusual for only 25K miles.
That wasn't unheard of just very rare. I never have figured out what caused those problems since mine hasn't had that problem knock on wood.

Regarding your comment about your Dad buying the first cars he sees, just take him to a Dodge dealership and make sure the Viper is parked in the front by the door.

Do you think that would work? Maybe he would let you drive sometime.

Our Five Star dealership always has one parked inside by the front door and outside as well. They sure look awesome and mean. When I have time, I crawl inside sometimes.

My only complaint with the Viper is the space is cramped and I am not that big, and outside viewing when shifting lanes is horrible.
LOL![sm=lol.gif] Now that's an original idea, but unfortunatley he would complain that it wouldn't have enough room for his HP 4100 LaserJet, nor his boxes full of tax papers.

I wish our dealership had one but my hometown is about as likely to have a brand new Viper on the front lot as they are to have "The King" ("Thank you very muuch!") visit our hometown. It would sit on the lot long than the 2002 Firebird Trans Am that the GM dealership is yet to sell (they have never been able to sell it and it is techincally speaking brand new, no previous owners). My hometown is practically dead.

So I take it that you have test driven it before? If so beyond being cramped, what's it like? I hope it isn't as bad as my aunt's '99 SL500 was.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts