Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Anyone here also getting 010 stang or Camaro?

Old 03-21-2009, 09:24 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kevin2323
yeah because ford was smart and made the mustang to a broader audience,,...but to me when I think of muscle cars the first thing that pops into my head isnt a mustang...mustand=mainstream....mopar chevy=enthusiast....IMHO but dodge was smart this time around by making the car a low volume car.
Well let's remember that the Mustang is a pony car, not necessarily a muscle car. The original Challenger was a pony car, the current one comes closer to a muscle car than the Mustang is. Chevrolet=Ford and is also a mainstream division. In my view it is a mistake to go this strategy with a Chevrolet as it is not an exclusively performance focused division as Dodge and Pontiac are traditionally.

Originally Posted by RoswellGrey
This is one thing I have not liked about the reincarnations. The original Challenger was an "everyman's car." I hate seeing an icon turned into something for elitists.
I understand what you mean; however, the issue is this is the market that exists today. The demand for pony cars and muscle cars is limited unfortunately. The volume market approach won't work with this current market, so this is about the only way to make it work. There are things that could have been done better in my view. I don't see that they needed all of the radio equipment as so many people replace them anyways with aftermarket systems. Although I like the larger size, it didn't need to be precisely this large. This could go on longer than you'd like to read I'm sure and I don't want to waste my time or anyone else's time on something I can't change anyways. I'm just glad we have it offered at all and truthfully, it isn't a bad deal compared to models like the Corvette and Viper that offer little to no room, just a powerful engine at double to triple the price of a pony car.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts