Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Rear windows roll down?

Old 02-28-2008, 04:32 AM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Rear windows roll down?

And had Car phones! I still remember the first one I saw in '79, it was in a friend's mom's car, she was a secretary for the owner of my town's newspaper. Man, I thought that was wild. It's funny to see how far, how fast, we've come. And think in 20 or 30 years how folks will be laughing at all the things we find advanced today. Maybe these posts will be cached on google and people can look back.

Heck, think back 5 years ago when a TB still seemed like a ridiculous amount of storage. Or when flat panel TV's were still kind of opulent.

Yet for the cool stuff, seems like cars could be cooler. Why aren't power inverters for A/C in cars standard yet? (I know kind of goes against the less is more theme, but their cheap to add, give plenty of widely usable purpose and any company who said "standard on all of cars" (for pittance probably $10 at cost) could differentiate themselves with something I think many would gravitate too.

That, and of course, a "Mr Fusion" cold fusion engine that runs on beer, beer cans (nice product placement coors) and banana peels!

Old 02-28-2008, 04:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess the reliability of power windows depends on the supplier.

I had a 1992 Buick LeSabre that had all 4 power windows go bad. I also have a 1997 4.6L T-Bird that has never had a problem with its power windows.

My 1971 'Cuda, however, had a bad window crank on the driver's door. Go figure! [&:]
Old 02-28-2008, 09:06 AM
Super Moderator

Ah car phones, I remember when my aunt got one back in about 1989. I thought that was the coolest thing in the world. When we would ride with her, I would always beg to use it. The problem with those things was the antenna. She kept forgetting to take it off when she would get her car washed and would while it was being washed to take it off. I can't image that was very safe as that was in the days of automatic spinning brushes (something that is rare these days).

I agree with Cuda340, it really does depend on the supplier. The cars we have had power windows in were our Chrysler and Ford products. Come to think of it, I don't think we have had a single GM product with power windows. I guess GM uses Delphi's which would explain a lot if they have issues with them.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 02-28-2008, 03:37 PM
Super Moderator

As a ham radio operator, I used the phone all of the time before cell phones came out because you could access the phone network from your car 2M radio........and it was all free then and still is. Of course, everybody can hear everything you are saying.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.