Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

What is the expected price for the Challenger?

Old 01-29-2008, 04:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What is the expected price for the Challenger?

i'm in the lending business and let me tell you that the feds would be down on us in a second if we practiced similar ethics. I know lending is different but a gouge is a gouge.
ORIGINAL: fatcat

[:@]There's MSRP and then there's the biggest ripoff price we can get.....
I've got $41,ooo to spend and willing to buy or deposit now. Not one single dealer in the New Jersey , eastern Penna area will place a order or take a deposit on a 2008 Challenger. What gives I ask ?? no response even from Chrysler itself when I sent an E-mail asking why?. I think the dealers are ordering them all for themselves using fictitious names and addresses for their order forms just to get the cars in so they can sell them at thier business to the highest bidders!.....What else could it be?....Lots of the dealers told me they were getting 2 or 3 Challengers in but didn't know what the price would be because its would be based on the law of supply and demand. HAAAAA
I am VERY DISSAPPOINTED IN CERABUS, CHRYSLER CORP and DODGE for allowing these gouging pratices to go on! Any thoughts by anybody here feel free to E-mail me at wboyd18993@aol.com. OH and by the way just in case someone says I have my own agenda to get a Challenger.....their right, but this will probably be my last muscle car and I totally intend to drive it, take it to car shows, a little drag racing onn the side and keep it like new to hand down to my great grandson Daniel. He doesn't even know what a car is yet,LOL....that is if I ever can get the chance to buy one, Happy Challenger hunting everyone, Wayne

[IMG]local://upfiles/412/E6413019E49F4876A3E458A5D523C64D.jpg[/IMG]
Old 01-30-2008, 09:01 PM

As a 18 year old i have to agree with the more exp. drivers on here. Power and youth fullness equals a real nasty scene, and I know from exp. I was doing maybe 50mph down a street when I took my eyes off the road and was braking to come to the red light but was to arrogant to completely pay attention, I just dented his bumper the size of a silver dollar but still, for me it was very nerve wrecking. At the time I was driving a 1985 300zx not that much power but still, I thought I knew it all and got into my first accident within the first 6 months of driving, saying that you won't be cocky and accept a challenge at a red light is....well to me almost unheard of. Since i was a cocky youngster I learned to control myself and pick the right times to open up my vehicle hint ( when no one else is on the road ) its still not safe but alot safer than what you might be dealing with.
Old 02-07-2008, 12:37 PM

Ok so I read the fist few posts and dont feel the need to read anymore... I'm 20 and bearly feel I should have a car like this. The only reason I'm going to get one is because I have been around cars for a long while and will be paying for EVERYTHING myself. I'm even waiting for the 2009 R/T to come out as the SRT-8 is just overkill with its MPG.

It sounds like you and your friends are a bit spoiled... Nothing against you but this isnt your car! Nor any car above maybe 200hp... If you really feel the need to have a nice "fast" far then my advice would be pick up a low to mid range import and get some experience with cars. There is a lot of fun little projects you can do to improve your car and maybe you will learn a thing or two and gain the experience needed to "somewhat" handle a car like this when you get a bit older (20/21)

All and all I can honestly say I don't want someone as young as you driving a car like this on the streets not only for your safety but for my own and everyone else.

Oh and the expected price for the SRT-8 for its first year of production is around 50-60k... I'm sure you know its a limited production auto and since its also the first one out there will be a considerable markup. I have been in contact with more than a few dealerships that say they will have a 15-20k markup... Not something I think you can afford...

ONE MORE THING! If you really like the challenger wait until 2009 and get the V6... That may be a somewhat acceptable option for someone your age and it will cost considerably less...

Please just don't feel the need to be racing or passing everyoneee... Theres always local drag strips for that stuff.
Old 02-07-2008, 12:42 PM

A Challenger with a V6, don't waste your money!
Old 02-07-2008, 02:15 PM

Why do you say that? Without a V6 this car will have a very short run.

ORIGINAL: wallstreetman

Old 02-07-2008, 04:12 PM

Just to keep anyone up to date that read my other post or if not then ......Please read my post earlier on in this thread ...then and now....I'm still contacting dealers in my area and on my list to no avail. I have the money to deposit and or buy now and not one dealer will take or write an oder for me for any Challenger. Not a 2008 which now after the announcement we know that there are only 6,400 and all sold or spoken for probably most in dealers hands waiting for delivery to sell to the highest bidder ( thats the reason most of them gave me for not placing my order unless I wanted to deposit $2,500 non-refundable and pay $10,000 to $20,000 over ,MSRP ). Now as I've decided to take some of your advice's and wait for a 2009 I still get turned down on placing an order for a 2009 and the reasons now are no info on ordering, option,prices, colors, etc and some dealers are still saying even these 2009 Challengers will carry a premium price due to demand. So folks , looks like we might have to wait a long time to get one as far forward as next summer, PLEASE let me know if any of you get info on ordering availability on the 2009'S , THANKS , LOCOMOTION

PS : I've also written Dodge and chrysler for help and got no where with them either, I wonder if they really are in the car selling business or in the Collector car providers business.
[:@]
Old 02-07-2008, 05:42 PM
Super Moderator

Why do you say that? Without a V6 this car will have a very short run.

quote:

ORIGINAL: wallstreetman

Right on Paladin! Why not get a 6. Get what you can afford. A good looking car with decent acceleration, why not? Furthermore, as one's funds expand..hell, you could drop just about anything into that puppy! Who knows, throw a crate motor in there (if it can pass inspection somewhere) or a v8 that was totaled from a Chally some person enjoying it a bit too much.

Old 02-07-2008, 07:20 PM

I'll be getting a V6. I know someone with a V6 magnum and he's happy with it and the challenger will probably be 100 pounds or so lighter than that. If you plan on racing your car or HAVE to be able to beat mustangs and camaros then by all means get the more powerful engines. I just don't feel that anything over 300hp (even in a 4000lb car) is really necessary for day to day driving. 250hp is more than enough to speed me by that buick going 20 under the speed limit before the lane ends...and it'll look good doing it.

Now if they try to stick the 2.7 liter in. . . that's a different story. . . .

You bring up a good point too. I'll have my challenger and if I ever feel I need more power someday I can put a bigger engine in it if I've got the money.
Old 02-08-2008, 01:18 AM

Just to keep anyone up to date that read my other post or if not then ......
Now as I've decided to take some of your advice's and wait for a 2009 I still get turned down on placing an order for a 2009 and the reasons now are no info on ordering, option,prices, colors, etc and some dealers are still saying even these 2009 Challengers will carry a premium price due to demand. So folks , looks like we might have to wait a long time to get one as far forward as next summer, PLEASE let me know if any of you get info on ordering availability on the 2009'S

PS : I've also written Dodge and chrysler for help and got no where with them either, I wonder if they really are in the car selling business or in the Collector car providers business.
Order banks for the 2009 Challenger "should" open sometime around May or June of '08 for the '09 models.
They haven't set pricing yet, nor a definite list of options/packages/trim levels for the '09's, and dealers shouldn't be taking orders until production is up for the '08's without that information.
I don't expect "MSRP + premium" for the 2009's - should be plenty to go around in all trim levels. Dealerships "gouging" will lose those deals to dealerships that don't.
Hang in there and don't sweat the small stuff...... it's all good.
Old 02-08-2008, 07:50 AM

ORIGINAL: BootCamp

Just to keep anyone up to date that read my other post or if not then ......
Now as I've decided to take some of your advice's and wait for a 2009 I still get turned down on placing an order for a 2009 and the reasons now are no info on ordering, option,prices, colors, etc and some dealers are still saying even these 2009 Challengers will carry a premium price due to demand. So folks , looks like we might have to wait a long time to get one as far forward as next summer, PLEASE let me know if any of you get info on ordering availability on the 2009'S

Order banks for the 2009 Challenger "should" open sometime around May or June of '08 for the '09 models.
They haven't set pricing yet, nor a definite list of options/packages/trim levels for the '09's, and dealers shouldn't be taking orders until production is up for the '08's without that information.
I don't expect "MSRP + premium" for the 2009's - should be plenty to go around in all trim levels. Dealerships "gouging" will lose those deals to dealerships that don't.
Hang in there and don't sweat the small stuff...... it's all good.
Exactly.. if these dealers want to play some hardball with you then play back nastier. Its not the dealers the make the ecomony its the customers.. aka. us! So go out there and win one for the Bopper!

Quick Reply: What is the expected price for the Challenger?