Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   General Dodge Challenger Discussions (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/)
-   -   WHO HAS A 2009 CHALLENGER ANY MODEL ON ORDER?? (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/general-dodge-challenger-discussions-7/who-has-2009-challenger-any-model-order-3811/)

triplet22 09-29-2008 05:47 PM

RE: WHO HAS A 2009 CHALLENGER ANY MODEL ON ORDER??

triplet22 09-29-2008 05:51 PM

Thatthinggotahemi 09-29-2008 06:05 PM

wierd multipost

triplet22 09-29-2008 06:20 PM

Sorry THATTHINGGOTAHEMI. Website showed an error and had to resend. But it took it twice. Thats technology for you.

Andre@Edge 09-29-2008 06:59 PM

Show me a chip mod that gives you 50 hp on the SRT8 and I will buy you one when I get mine :-)

I'm sure it reads "up to"

Or it has one of these * and reads something like "combined with a CAI, the proper exhaust and a quick DA change from 5500ft to sea level"

Phantom 09-29-2008 07:48 PM

Did anybody respond to your question ? My hotrod went JB last Thursday (I believe) and has been On Hold ever since. My Buddy in Chicago had an R/T that went D1 last Thursday, and today it went I-status and then KZ in a 2 hour time frame. What's up with that ? I just cant believe how screwy this whole thing is. Does Dodge want to finalize this order or are they run by the Government now too ??

Thatthinggotahemi 09-30-2008 01:14 AM

I can't wait for the car, but its like xmas like a kid so I don't mind waiting. However, I'm in the military and ordered the car near my parents house. So for me to fly 1000 miles last second is a bit annoying. It appears it missed it's deadline to make it to the distrobution area. It's scheduled for being at the dealer tomorrow but I hope it makes it by friday. (first chance I can take leave "vacation") which would be perfect so they don't wrap it around a power pole before I get there. As for your friend, he didn't order a hood strip did he? My dealer clams it'll be at JB for about a week for the hood strip decal is put on.

Thatthinggotahemi 09-30-2008 01:16 AM

Oh yeah, BTW, chicago is like 400 miles from the plant, the car should get there quick.

fatcat 09-30-2008 06:47 AM

brucer41 I hate to bring up a sore subject but I'm sure others and myself are wondering what you ended up doing? Just want to see you happy behind the wheel of your Challenger with what you wanted in it as soon as possible. If you get a sec let us know and GOOD LUCK. I'll be trying to post some pics next week but I can say again no matter what model you get, this car is F*%king AWESOME sorry for the language but it is!!!

ORIGINAL: brucer41

To all, thanks for the words of encouragement. To Fatcat, thanks for the rant! It is frustrating to say the least. I absolutely have it in my mind to reorder and I am ready to do so as the 6 speed has been the one option I have wanted for this car. But, I am going to go and check to make sure it is my car, it was built wrong and see what/where I can make the dealer/Dode/Chrysler pay for my misery. I am quite sure I can get at least $1K and may be closer to $2K. This will pay for the extras I have ordered as well. The pain is waiting longer (and yes I have stowed the claw hammer and have broke out the extra large tube of Testors). I really want to put some miles on the car before winter sets in and around here that happens very soon. Congrats to those who have gotten their cars, those whose status has moved them closer to their cars and in general thanks once again to all.

brucer41 09-30-2008 07:42 AM

Fatcat, I am waiting, sitting on my hands hoping the dealer will call. VinWin still shows me in KZ with the car sitting in Brampton but the dealer insists that the car will be in soon. He called last night and said possibly today or tomorrow it will be here. I just want to see it, touch it, make sure it is the one I ordered albeit with the wrong tranny in it. I will try to take some pics just for giggles I guess but I am firm in that I will reorder a new car and will definately beat the Service Manager upon the head and shoulders in driving the price down at least $2K under MSRP for my grief. That should just about cover what mods I have picked out for the car. As soon as I get word I will psot and let folks know. The good news is I guess is that if there is anyone in the Chicagoland area, there will be an 09 SRT in Hemi Orange for sale at the dealer if you wnat to ride in and buy one.