Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Drive

Old 04-19-2007, 12:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Drive

ORIGINAL: TechmanBD

Justinc101. I recommend checking out the season of Firefly. Good show. It has 14 episodes, 2 were never aired. I still can't figure out the cause of Fox canceling the show. I would say right now, it is my all time favorite show.
Here is what I have come to decide about Fox. Fox has some good shows, but they are unwilling or something about letting these shows grow and really get big. I never knew about the show "Firefly" until I saw the move. I am lucky enough to move to a town that has the shows on DVD at the library! Having watched all of the episodes I am very pissed off at FOX! This was a show that I would have loved to watch every week and a concept that I have thought about writing stories about, before I knew about the show existed. My favorite person has to be Kayee. She is smart, witty, and is the heart and soul of the ship.
It is also known that Fox has tried numerous times to cancel "The Simpsons" of all things. One of their best and the longest running show ever and they want it gone. Idiots. To me Firefly ranks right up with Farscape and The Magnificent Seven TV show, both cut down in their prime.
Old 04-20-2007, 10:45 PM

i thought it said pinto on the hood?[sm=teetertooter.gif]
Old 04-24-2007, 10:36 AM

Nero - FOX does suck for that. My wife has worked on a couple shows that were on fox that I thought were real good. But Then they cut them within a few episodes because the ratings were the greatest, but when yo look at what they put them up against like CSI or Law In Orders. I mean come one, what do they expect. That they are going to win over people with this new show over shows that have been around that people like. DUH. On another note, I think Firefly was too well scripted and smart for the average person with the neilson boxes to understand. We bought the series, and I get pissed everytime I watch it for the fact they let that show go. I liked Farscape as well, but towards the end I got bored of it.

If you want them to make a 2nd Serenity movie, they are putting out a special edition DVD of Serenity and if that sells well, the rumor is they will make the second. I am so there when that comes out.

Did anyone watch DRIVE last night? I did. I have to say, if it wasn't for Nathan Fillions character, I think I would stop watching it. Alex Tully(Nthan Fillion) is an interesting character. The others bore me.

Old 04-24-2007, 12:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I missed most of the show. My Challenger ran out of gas on the way back home from work. The 11 MPG is a little hard to get used to. $3.03 per gallon and 13 gallons and she was back on the road. I don't think the pickup is going all the way down. Got to keep foot off the floor..... but the sound is so awsome. I did catch the end and see the R/T in action. That car is bad.. I mean bad to the frame.
Old 04-25-2007, 07:52 PM

Well for anyone who hasn't heard. . . Drive has been cancelled. Apparently there are 2 unaired episodes left that they might be showing over the next 2 fridays. Honestly, other than the "main" character, Alex I haven't really cared. The annoying girlfriend of the army dude is. . . well annoying. The 2 black chicks getting signs were driving me nuts, and they weren't very good characters anyway. The ditzy mom and the ditzy blonde she was with were getting aggravating, and the Father with his Lindsay Lohan wannabe daughter were pretty stereotypical. I was hoping to find out who was behind the whole race but I guess that won't be happening.

I think networks need to go back to doing mini-series because this method of doing shows with cliffhanger endings and then cancelling them doesn't work. Everyone thinks they have the next Lost or Heroes so they start off with a big mystery and it goes nowhere.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:55 PM
Super Moderator

I was into Lost for about 2 months, but it was so slow I got bored. I heard it got better, but by then they lost me.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:28 PM

I am not surprised at all the canceled the show. The only good part was the character Alex Tully. If you can't get people on board with the other characters, then it was bound to bomb.

I don't even watch Lost or those type of shows to tell you the truth. I like shows like Supernatural. It does have that back mystery story they put in once in awhile, but they also have a 1 episode story so you have the completion of a story.
Old 04-26-2007, 04:09 PM

Same deal with CSI. Each episode stands on its own for the most part, but right now they've been weaving this whole "miniature killer" story throughout the season. I think it might be concluding tonight but I could be wrong and they'll do that for the season finale. . . or worse, leave a cliffhanger until next fall.
Old 04-26-2007, 04:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I enjoyed the Challenger parts and I look forward to seeing what its all about. If they would have used a 69 Camaro, 70 Mustang, thrown in an AMX, they would have a car for everyone to pull for. Take the race down to the wire and then when the Challenger wins by overcoming impossible odds, all the masses of people would stand before their TV sets and cheer like its 1999. Or 2008 and the new Challenger has just been released. But I'm just an average Joe, what do I know.