Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

Need Challenger Paper Help QUICK!!!

Old 10-25-2007, 09:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need Challenger Paper Help QUICK!!!

Got it...thx!
Old 10-25-2007, 02:47 PM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: Yankee

Well good luck with your review 1 Bad, that would be quite an honor if you're selected.

I've always thought it was a shame that the Mirada wasn't a bigger success than it was - it was a great looking car, better looking than its GM competitors (Chevy Monte Carlo, Olds Cutlass Supreme, etc) IMHO, but I guess it was the right car for the wrong time. I'm sure if it had been introduced a few years earlier it would have been a much greater success.
I agree that the mirada was better looking than many of the other cars from that year. i have the original car and driver introducing the mirada, and it was compared to the 1980 pontiac grand prix, 1980 toyota celica supra, 1980 datsun 200sx...the mirada didnt do well against those cars, but i dont understand why it was compared to those cars at all...i think that it just needed more power, which my dad and I took care of...

as for the magazine, i guess that we will find out what happens...everyone i know wants one if it pans out...i hope for now that we can get one...
Old 10-25-2007, 05:09 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: 1 Bad Mirada

I agree that the mirada was better looking than many of the other cars from that year. i have the original car and driver introducing the mirada, and it was compared to the 1980 pontiac grand prix, 1980 toyota celica supra, 1980 datsun 200sx...the mirada didnt do well against those cars, but i dont understand why it was compared to those cars at all...i think that it just needed more power, which my dad and I took care of...

as for the magazine, i guess that we will find out what happens...everyone i know wants one if it pans out...i hope for now that we can get one...
Interesting. Could you either post the comparison of the powertrains and acceleration times or at least tell me which engines they used against each other. Based on what I read, I would think that the 360 model would have been the most powerful offering out of all of them.

If it comes to pass, just let us know.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 10-27-2007, 08:34 AM
Administrator

ill try to dig it out. we used to have it displayed in the dodge room, but in the needs for more room, we have packed up ALOT of stuff. another thing that ive wondered...ive seen the curb weight of the mirada listed several times as being under 4000lbs, but that must be a dry weight. my mirada has SIGNIFICANT weight reduction, including fiberglass hood and trunk lid, manual steering, manual brakes, no heater accessories, lightweight front seats, rear seat delete, the trunk is completely empty, and with SO little fuel that the gas guage wont register, it still weighed 3700ish (like 3697 or something). keep in mind, that is a track weight, which includes me in the car...before the weight reduction for the car, the track weight was well over 4000lbs.