Notices
Dodge Challenger R/T Threads specific to the Dodge Challenger R/T should be placed here.

Best time to buy

Old 12-05-2008, 10:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best time to buy

Price wise ,when do you think it would be the best time to buy an R/T Challenger?
Old 12-05-2008, 10:43 AM

Default RE: Best time to buy

A week from Thursday. At 3:30 p.m.

Seriously, that's an impossible question to answer at this point. The way things are going with the Challenger, what you have to do right now is shop a variety of dealers. Some are offering MSRP or even less. Others, though, are still adding "dealer incentive" markups on all their Challengers. Check out dealers in your area and see what you can find. If they're all asking for markups, start looking online. Hope that helps.
Old 12-05-2008, 04:40 PM

I just bought mine today and that was the question on my mind. My local dealer would not budge off sticker. He said he wouldn't add to it but he wasnt coming down either. I found a dealer in Ohio on ebay that sold it to me for 200 over invoice or 2000 below sticker. I was going over and over in my mind about if I should wait till spring or bankruptcy to get a better deal but decided just to go for it. If you wait for a better deal you may not ever get one! Just do it! But, look for a deal...they are out there. Two local people I know paid sticker..I wonder how everyone else did! Any others want to share?
Old 12-06-2008, 08:06 AM

Wrestled back and forth, went all around to the dealers, but got two of them to agree that they would do it for $1,000 below MSRP. One dealer was selling one they had on the lot, one night only, for $2,000 below MSRP. Now they have it for $1,500 below. This one has been sitting there for a while, which is a surprise. Black, R/T, auto, sunroof and a few other things.
Old 12-06-2008, 03:15 PM
Super Moderator

I know this is a risk because I may never see it but I am waiting for this same time next year to buy one.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 12-06-2008, 07:16 PM

I just got my R/T 6spd with leather and sunroof last friday for 32400 plus tax and tags. Sticker was 34450. The salesman was going to sell it to me for 31900, but the dealership owner caught wind of it and said 32,400 was the lowest...best time is the last few days of the month, they have quotas to meet and are eager to sell at months end. Research on edmunds.com to find invoice then negotiate up from there
Old 12-06-2008, 09:25 PM

First, find a dealer that is not sticking to MSRP or over, then pick a day near the end of the month, prefferably near the end of the week, especially if the week (and the day) has been a cold, rainy or snowy and thay may beg you to buy it under MSRP. The later in the day the better as well.

Sometimes it helps to go there at least once and say you are looking to buy soon but they don't have what you want on the lot and walk away. Let them call you when they get something closer to what you are looking for.
Old 12-08-2008, 09:22 AM

thats absolutely true. I used to work for a dealership a little over a year ago, and the end of the month is the best time. And right near the end of the day. Most if not all dealers will bend over backwards to get one more sale in.

Also avoid addendum labels (the label next to the window sticker). Those are dealer added items that will guarantee the sller a commission regardless. In these cases you sometimes have to pay for items you do not want. And no matter what they may tell you it is your right to tell them to remove those items if you do not want them. I worked for a dealer that though commission based paid the same commission no matter what I sold. Be it a 4,000 dollar used car or a 100,000 dollar Viper. And then 10% of all accessories added thereafter. For most sales reps this is where the money is, accessories. When you ask to see the full line of accessories is when they get excited and will do almost anything for your business.

I have been doing research for quite some time and though I have enough saved up I am waiting till after the holiday season or right at the end of december before I go near a dealership. I am also going through USAA and hope to have everything in stone on paper when I go in there to avoid being there all night. With that being said does anyone know where I can find a list with prices of ALL available options and accessories for the Challenger. The Dodge website is a total letdown and because I am so young when I do go into dealers I am refused any and all literature.
Old 12-08-2008, 09:38 AM

Hello Brother Vet,

You can not find the info required at the Challenger web-site? I don't think you'll find a better place then that for the car and options available. You can get some literature on E-Bay, but why buy it when you can see it there. If you need any more help let me know.

Thanks for your service to our nation.
Old 12-08-2008, 10:11 AM

Yeah I see the options they have there but it seems that every site I go to, whether it be edmunds, USAA, Dodge or any other it seems that one has more or different options than the other. Also the Mopar accessories I am looking into particularly the TA sytle hood, which the price is still TBD. Wouldnt mind having that on the car. I just want to be absolutely ready when I go in there. I have the money and the idea where I want my price range to fall into. My problem is I am only 23, and when I go into a dealership for info and to ask questions they avoid me or ignore me completely. That just ruins business for them as I just leave after 15 minutes. Ive had better luck dealing online and over the phone. As that is how I ended up with My SRT-10 in 2006. I know what the dealers are paying and I have a general idea of what I want. NOw like so many its figuring out the best time to buy. There are no rebates or incentives this month in my area but whos to say what will be available next month. Guess its time to take that gamble. There is an empty spot in my driveway that needs filled.

And thank you as well for your service

Quick Reply: Best time to buy