Notices
Dodge Challenger SE Threads specific to the Dodge Challenger SE should be placed here.

WOOHOOO End in Sight!! I hope

Old 10-08-2009, 10:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WOOHOOO End in Sight!! I hope

So after sending the car back into the bodyshop this morning for more corrections, I was contacted by another dealership in Edmonton who read my story and called me and made me a fantastic offer. They are going to buy my car from me for a RESPECTABLE price, get me outfitted in a new 2010 Challenger SXT with a few more options for the same price as my 2009.

They shared some insight to Eastside Dodge and Chrysler and I was shocked. I did however drive off the Ford lot with my new F150 for the 72hr satisfaction gaurantee, to ensure this is the truck I am going to keep... which shocked the heck out of me... but I thought it would be fitting to send Chrysler a ThanK You letter to show my appreciation for all they have put me through over the past 9mos with a defunked problematic car they are still unwilling to fix.

I hope you enjoy the letter I sent and I'll posting pictures over the weekend of the old car completely decaled up:

Just wanted to Thank You‏

From Chris Lapointe Sent:October 8, 2009 12:10:38 PM
To: nmy@chrysler.com

Hi Nancy,

I thought I would follow up with a thank you. Chrysler has done a fantastic job of avoiding any and all responsibility of a poor quality car they sold me, that I was able to buy a REAL SUPERIOR product with far better customer service. I just took possession of my new Ford F150 lastnight and the service and support I received throughout my purchasing ordeal has been far superior to that of Chryslers.

I was so excited to drive a SAFE vehicle once again and was even more impressed the new vehicle didn’t breakdown 20 mins after driving off the lot like the Challenger did. I can hardly wait to use my new truck for its first task tomorrow. That is to retrieve my Challenger from the dealership and haul it to my decal store, install the lemon decals I purchased and advertise at no cost to Chrysler, the remarkable unsafe, uninsurable product Chrysler so graciously sold me and refuses to fix, and haul it around the city to Chrysler dealerships and events. I’ll be more than happy to send pictures of the finished result tomorrow night for your records as a reminder of yet another customer Chrysler has flogged off after stealing their money and offering a 5 star warranty on a product that isn’t worth the paper it was written on.

Thank you again for allowing me to enjoy my truck and seeing there are far better companies and manufactures out here that actually want to look after their customers.

You'll be pleased to know I mailed back the Employee Incentive Certificate you sent me, as it is absolutely useless. Maybe you can reissue it to another unfortunate customer who Chrysler refuses to step up and acknowledge a mechanical problem with.

In the future if I am in the market for another abrasive proctologic procedure, I will certainly purchase another Chrysler product.

I look forward to seeing Chrysler representatives at the upcoming civil trial I have filed.

Have a wonderful day Ms. Market

Sincerely
Chris Lapointe
Old 10-13-2009, 10:59 AM

Well, CC, at least you have a decent vehicle now. Post pics of the lemon stickers! I want to see that.
Old 10-13-2009, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by RoswellGrey
Well, CC, at least you have a decent vehicle now. Post pics of the lemon stickers! I want to see that.
definitely post up those photos
Old 10-15-2009, 02:41 PM

Hey guys, so Eastside refuses to let me have my car, claiming that I have refused to pay my repair bill??? Nowhere have I ever disputed paying the bill, I have maintianed my stand that I think it's not fair, but figured I'll get my money back in teh courts, so I have never refused anything. I own the car out right so I called the police, if they fail to turn over the car when I go in with the truck and trailer to get it Monday, the police will intervien if needed. They were really cool to talk to regarding my issue with the dealership.

SO anyways good news, the car is finally leaving my hands to another dealership who has stepped up and really treated my fiance and I with an amazing amount of respect. They have my new 2010 Challenger at the dealership this morning, and they will have it ready to go to swap over the exhaust come next week when I pick it up.

They offered me more money for my car sight unseen and will offer more when they see the car in person, so I am impressed so far. I upgraded to leather even though I really didn't want it. but eh... why not.

The cars stickers are ready, so I plan on picking up the car, sticking the stickers on at the dealership and then driving off the lot and tote it around the city for a few days until I trailer the beast to Edmonton.

I'm still not backing away from the civil suit and am seeking the repair costs and the loss amount on what I lose on the old car, so in the end I'll basically be out of pocket $954, for a newer car w/ leather.... I'm not going to complain.

Last edited by canadiancanuck; 10-16-2009 at 08:47 AM.
Old 10-16-2009, 06:18 AM

My hat’s off to you as you have more patience than I would have had with the original dealership. It’s amazing to me how many dealers can’t seem to figure out why they are seeing lower sales, blaming it all on the economy…when they seem to be missing the boat by not trying to improve their “customer” care/service. We have a dealership here in Arizona that will give you all kind of “bull” (contrary to their ads) just to make a sale. I even purchased a car from them many years ago before I knew better, but never again.
I am glad it seems to be finally working out for you, as I would hate to see you lose your “Challenger Experience”. I have to say that in my case this Challenger has been the most enjoyable and trouble-free (knock on wood) auto I have ever owned. And it’s like day and night compared to the old Dodges/Plymouths I have owned and do presently own. But, then it’s over 40 years of new technology and so it should be. Again….hope it all works out and you can put this all behind you…………………….
(And, do post pictures of your "Lemoned" Challenger...)
Old 10-16-2009, 09:09 AM

^ thanks guys for your support, oh I'll post the pics, I have to say deep down, it's not the cars fault, I would never have bought a Dodge product, but the reason I came home with the Challenger was because it was and still is the only REAL throwback to the original car. The body line is the same, the rear quater windows are th esam, and the front end look more like the older model.

I could have bought a Mustang, but there are thousands on the road, so originality is somewhat shot, and the new camero, not a bad car, but the only peice of the car that has any resemblence to the orignal is the stacked center console gauge pods..... and that is it.

So I'll be happy to drive back in my new car, knowing i have the support of a reputable dealership standing behind me.