Notices
Engine Got engine work, simple or complex? Let's hear about it!

5.7 6.1 hemi differences parts swapping

Old 03-03-2008, 07:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 5.7 6.1 hemi differences parts swapping

hey bootcamp i just read your post again brother and man get off my back dude you don't know me. You fellas especially you bootcamp want to corner me or something? If we were in person im sure you would never speak with such haste. as you would except the differences in the way we veiw things, I don't appreciate you attacking me i think you should PROLLY just read and not type. Im pretty sure this is my last post on here, at least till i hear something new. You gotta, gotta feel me. Man no fun, I hope you get a lemon, ha! i don't want you to suck one. Good luck with your tranny too. But your a scarry guy so you prolly don't put the petal down right? Until next time......................................
Old 03-03-2008, 08:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bootcamp and Jeremiah I thankyou for your support and I felt after reading the whole post I might have been a little harsh. It was early in the morning and my first night of 6:00 PM to 6:00 AM so I could have been a little grumpy. But I do thank you guys for knowing how I am in my right mind and I would never personally insult a fellow member. But again I think we give off personal cues in the way we write and if you are to be taken seriously... writing with a little bit of tact is better. You guys take it easy and have a good night.
Old 03-04-2008, 03:21 AM

ORIGINAL: lear4406
...... I think we give off personal cues in the way we write and if you are to be taken seriously... writing with a little bit of tact is better. ....
Exactly right. It seems good judgment and common sense are seriously lacking these days - throughout society, not just in the forums. We know you well enough to know what/how you normally write when addressed with respect. Don't sweat the shift change - been there myself.

ORIGINAL: MrKrisSullivan
hey bootcamp i just read your post again brother and man get off my back dude you don't know me. You fellas especially you bootcamp want to corner me or something? If we were in person im sure you would never speak with such haste. as you would except the differences in the way we veiw things, I don't appreciate you attacking me i think you should PROLLY just read and not type.
I'd say with your 44 posts in the four days you've been here in the CF (not to mention the countless posts you've made on the redletterdodge blog), you've made your opinions known. So, yeah, I'd say everyone knows you.
"If we were in person....." Hmm..... where did you hear that before? Maybe MY post three before your "rethought" rebuttal?
You'd be wise to follow your own advice, Sir. You made a blanket insult to the majority of the members here in defending yourself in a prior post:
Seems like most of you guys aren't familer with anything but with what this car looks like.
Did you expect everyone to simply ignore that?
Im pretty sure this is my last post on here...
I'm hoping so, but expecting this is NOT the case. Folks like you don't know when to quit.
I hope you get a lemon, ha! i don't want you to suck one.
Yes, I can see why it took a lot of thought and a second reply to come up with something this intelligent.
If everyone enjoys their 15 minutes of fame, my guess is yours will be on a segment of COPS.
Good luck to you!
Old 03-06-2008, 04:55 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: MrKrisSullivan

YO!!! LS3 IS IN THE Z51 VETTE' OUT NOW.
I believe this post was in response to my post asking about the LS3, you need to check the dates of these posts sometimes to gain an accurate idea of what was going on in the car world at that time. I asked that question back on 8/30/2006, back then the LS2 was being used the base model Corvette and I had not heard yet about the fact that they were going to replace the LS2 because I'm not part of any GM related forums. I assure you I'm well aware that the LS3 is a 6.2L OHV 2 valve per cylinder GM small block that features a version of variable valve timing. I know this engine is being featured in the new ZR-1 in a supercharged form as well.

I realize that at times, people will ask questions that you may think are lacking intelligence or basic knowledge to you but you have to remember that not everyone pays attention to the same things that you do. Ask me about most anything in person about the engine or transmission offerings in currently produced Chrysler, Ford, or GM products and I will most likely provide you with a dead on, accurate answer. I'd say that 80% of what I discuss on here, I am able to say without needed to double check my sources before I post. Ask me about anything outside of them, like Hyundai or VW, I'm going to be out of the loop. The fact of the matter is no matter how unintelligent a response is, it does not justify a rude response, especially to a member of the staff. There is nothing wrong with people asking questions, that is how people learn. Intelligent people ask questions to learn things they don't know, unintelligent people are ones who pretend they know but actually don't (note: I'm not implying anything here against anyone in particular, I'm just trying to make a point). I accept that no matter how much time I spend researching and studying cars, there are always going to be things I don't know or forget, that is why I'm willing to listen if someone else knows something that I don't. I would rather learn from other people than act like I do know and make a fool of myself in the process.

Now, if someone is being unfair to you in a way that you did not bring on yourself, I'll be the first person to defend you. That is part of my job. Unlike mods on other forums, I'll do it even if an older member or moderator was out of line. What you need to learn is two wrongs do not make a right. Lear apologized and has been perfectly civil, he deserves the benefit of the doubt. He contributes a lot of information to our site and maintains a high credibility as he is a good debater. Sometimes people have bad days, but his record of having bad days is probably better than even my record.

I thank you for cooperating with avoiding slurs, but you also need work in your personality skills with others. Saying things like "you fellas...want to corner me or something? If we were in person I'm sure you would never speak with such haste." is something I would take as threat as well as a blanket attack and that is not tolerated around here. If you think someone is attacking you, use the rules of logic to point out there error. It will make you look more intelligent than them and you will possibly win in the view of the audience. Responding with threats makes you look like a trouble maker as well as immature. The fact of the matter is on this forum, whether you have a six pack or your gut is full of six packs is irrelevant. The talent of logic and communication is the muscle on here and electronic controls of the staff is the judge's gavel or the electric chair depending on which metaphor you prefer. When people feel as though you are attacking one of their friends, they are going to assist their friends. That is life.

You should take some of BootCamp's advice. Working on your diction and making sure you spell properly will help your credibility on here. Although I will admit I'm

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 03-07-2008, 10:01 AM

i wasn't trying to mock you bro'
and yeah i didn't look at the date!
Old 05-04-2008, 06:56 PM

I got a question for the more hard core gear heads out there. I am hearing from various sources that the 5.7 will be easier built out (increased HP) than the 6.1.

Also, do we know if this is true for the manual trans versions as well? If fewer high tech advantages are available for the manual optioned cars (no MDS, no VVT, etc.) where does that leave the "tuners" for the 6.1? or the 5.7?

Another question. Do you think Chrysler is working on getting these mpg bonuses into the manuals for 2010? I know the new CAFE laws are going into effect soon (2012 I think), it would make sense Chrysler, (if they want to keep these big engines alive), will have to come up with some new technology to improve mileage. (Not that mileage is something "we" the enthusiast is focusing on.).

Thoughts?
Old 05-05-2008, 06:14 AM

I'm not sure what the future holds for the big V-8s... but they have been put in the grave before. They are still with us and improving everyday. Some sharp minds are at work and I'm always amazed at how adaptable the V-8s have become. Who knows what tomarrow holds for our beloved V-8s, but they keep coming back and better than ever. I was there in the 70s and 80s. when the Hemi was a faint memory. And with no hope in sight. Then came the 90s and a flicker of hope. Today you can get an updated version of the 426 street Hemi or get a Dodge product with a choice of Hemis. I will not count out the V-8s just yet and with technology around the corner... who knows.
Old 05-05-2008, 10:08 AM

Is the 5.7 more "tune-able" than the 6.1 or is it just that there is a lot more hype around "tuning" a 5.7? Maybe the 6.1 is just fine the way it is and things like cold air intake, or the like just doesn't make a big diff?

So on the one hand we have the R/T with the 5.7, on the other, the 6.1 in an SRT8. Clearly if the 5.7 can be made to produce as much power as the 6.1, then there is no contest in cost, R/T wins.

wondering out loud
Old 05-13-2008, 11:34 AM

yeah i'd say the 5.7 is more "tune-able" just for the simple fact that there has to be 10x the amount of them out there compared to the 6.1... which is also why you probably hear a lot more about tunning them.
If you ask everyone on this board why there buying an SRT8 car it's most likely for the prestige of it, yeah they want it to be a fast car and such....but face the facts the interrior is DECENT at best maybe 7 out of 10 and the performance does not really out-shine the R/T model... like you said no contest with cost on the R/T model... which is why i'll be getting one soon enough, and am definatly looking to put a few goodies on it, which from what i've been reading the last few weeks will for sure have my R/T at an SRT hp level... most these guys will do nothing to there car and like it, which is totally cool... the 08 SRT's are gonna be the cheerished year and the 09 SRT manual's will hold a lot of value too if you ask me. Just my opionon. But unless your buying this car to just re-sell it...(which is lame) then have fun with it. But then im 23 and what do I know... I just can't wait to see Bootcamp in his and simply blow the doors off of his, I hope you have the money to waste on an SRT Bootcamp and my Super 44's are for sure going to be louder than the "loudest possible exhuast note by law" dodge is claiming for the SRT. Ha! wow if you believe this i've got snake oil for you. Well I got off topic ohh well later...
Old 05-13-2008, 12:08 PM

I agree that the 5.7 has alot more heat than a year ago and with 370-375 hp puts it right where the 440s left off. And with a little intake and exhaust bolt ons will put it on par with the 6.1. But with those same bolt ons the 6.1 stays out in front and pulling. And with the SRT-8 you get better suspension and better brakes just to start with. If your just looking at hp then go with the R/T and bolt ons. Fresh open air intake with headers and catback exhaust. But remember that an SRT-8 can do those also and it will always have more potential with the 6.1. tuneability is more than likely the same.

Quick Reply: 5.7 6.1 hemi differences parts swapping