Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Challenger Window Sticker

Old 02-08-2007, 05:55 PM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Challenger Window Sticker

true, but the people whom ive talked to (i know..rumors) have said that we are much more likely to see something like is standard on the charger srt8...still 20s. no one makes DRs in a 20 because performance cars shouldnt have 20s.
Old 02-08-2007, 06:29 PM

ORIGINAL: 1 Bad Mirada
Here is mine (i hope that bootcamp doesnt mind that i am basing mine off of his):
Don't mind you (or anyone) "basing off mine" one bit, Bud. The whole Idea was to get a "comparison list" going so we can get ideas from each other that one (or more) of us might have missed. I like your choice of colors, BTW. I'd just prefer something a little less noticible for when I want to, say, take a sick day from work and go fishing instead.
ORIGINAL: awsure
You should wait until you have a few before you commit to that. My 5 year old son Zach is totally geeked about the Challenger. When we went to see it at a Phoenix auto show he raced up to it jumping out & down screaming Challenger, Challenger!!!
We have six kids between my wife and I - from previous marriages. Four boys in the herd. My son - 21 - flipped (not rolled) his Mother's Saab 9000 a few years back. He now drives a 1999 Saab Turbo that he's modded to it's limits (and sometimes beyond) and likes to "snow plow" - driving the RF corner of the car into snowbanks, watching the snow fly. If he's lucky, he won't find a fire hydrant in one of them. Her oldest son - 19 - wadded up his 2000 Plymouth Breeze on a tree in a rainstorm and put a hole in the radiator, then took it on a trip to Virginia to see his Dad and never checked the coolant level during the drive from Upstate NY to Fredericksburg, thereby overheated it and warped the head. Rather than fixing it, he decided to get the Mitsubishi Eclipse he HAD to have (I think he destroyed the Breeze deliberately to get his Dad and Grandma to fund the Eclipse for him) while in Virginia, which he's since had burglarized and used to center punch another car while coming out of the dorm parking lot at school. He also has several traffic tickets for offenses ranging from parking violations to speeding (of course, he has no idea how or when he was issued that ticket), and his insurance agent has his cell phone number on speed-dial. Her oldest daughter - 17- had an incident on her learners permit when a tree jumped out in front of her (when she forgot to let go of the steering wheel after completing a turn at an intersection). She's also had her car and license (yeah, she actually got it) "stolen" at a party she and her friends were drinking at, as well as violated Junior Operator curfew more than a few times. My daughter - 15 - will be getting her permit in two months. I'll be looking for a limitless refill on a Prozac prescription by month's end. [&o]
So you see, I believe I have more than justifiable hesitance at EVER letting ANY of them drive the Challenger....they have substantial track-records in the "poor decision department". I'd have to be CRAZY to let ANY of them behind the wheel of a $50,000.00 car that I've dreamed of and worked hard for for most of my life. There isn't much I don't share with them already, but my generosity has it's limits.
ORIGINAL: 1 Bad Mirada
the more that i think about it, the challenger seems to be a sort of luxo-muscle car, with items like heated seats and 22 inch rims. ill be upset if this is the only way to order the car. i want something stripped down a bit. as time goes on, it seems that more and more, there is a stronger comparison between the 300C srt8 and the challenger for us, but it all depends on how the challenger is priced and what options i get do away with. if im going to drive a high performance coupe, i dont want luxury stuff in it...if i want luxury, we will get the 300.
I used Dodge's "Build & Price" option on the Charger SRT8 in creating my "window sticker". This doesn't mean all or any of these options will be made available on the Challenger....only this is what I'd like from a list of available options on a comparable model.
For the most part, I agree with you. 22 inch rims with low profile tires don't make a world of sense here in NY where we get bad winters and serious potholes in the pave
Old 02-08-2007, 09:18 PM

I think it depends on the kid. Growing up I never got into any real trouble and my parents still would not let me drive until about a little over a year ago. I never was arrested or was brought home in the back of the police cruiser, rarely went out with friends, never drank or smoked or did any drugs. But my parents still would not teach me how to drive, even though I was very responsible. So I think there is a balance. Unless it is necessary, wait until your child has the maturity level to respect the seriousness of driving. And if they can't and they still want to get a car, that can be on their head, let them get a job and buy a car themselves. My sister was pretty much the same way I was, and when it came time for her to go to college my parents still didnt get her a car. So she juggled a full college course load and two pt time jobs and bought a 99 VW bug (silver) which she still has. She graduated tied for top of her class and will soon be a lawyer. My parents offered no apologies, and they should not have. The expereince built character for her and she appreciates money and cars as all people should; as precious resources that should not be taken lightly. Hopefully the "tradition" will continue with my kids if I ever have any.
Old 02-09-2007, 12:02 AM

Dude...I would buy a Challenger so I could drive away from that mess. Sorry you have such issues. My kids are pretty young still but I am working hard to prevent seeing them winding up in those predicaments. Trust me...if my son starts to make bad decisions his access to my baby will get cut off.
Old 02-09-2007, 02:13 AM

ORIGINAL: awsure

Dude...I would buy a Challenger so I could drive away from that mess. Sorry you have such issues. My kids are pretty young still but I am working hard to prevent seeing them winding up in those predicaments. Trust me...if my son starts to make bad decisions his access to my baby will get cut off.
lol... its not that bad, but my post did seem a little too dramatic. My parents were pretty overprotective of me but I would not trade them for anything in the world (maybe my dad for fully loaded chally.) My dad is great (but cheap; if you seen the commerical where the kids ask the parents for a cell phone while he is fishing with his dad and the dad tells him "sounds like you need a job." My dad is just like that.) loving guy who loves his family and my mom is just the sweetest woman on the planet. I was just trying to a make a point, sometimes you really dont appreciate something until you have to work for it. I am only 19 years old, and am far from a philospher. But when you see things like My Super Sweet Sixteen where the kids get range rovers, and parties totaling in the tens of thousands and the like, they rarely (more like never) truly appreciate the gift. And Awsure I am sure that your kid wont get into too much trouble; from what I can tell, he seems to have a good father figure to look up to.
Old 02-09-2007, 03:40 PM

I may have inadvertantly turned this thread into a "whine-fest" about our kids driving (or NOT driving) our cars. That wasn't my intent.
I wanted to start a list of what everyone wanted on their Challenger(s) for ideas and comparisons.

I'm not complaining about our kids. By and large, they're good kids and typically make us proud....they just suffer from what a LOT of people suffer from - poor choices when behind the wheel. They don't fully realize yet how much responsibility they have when they operate a motor vehicle. This is why we require them all to pay for thier driver-ed courses, thier own insurance policies, pay for thier own cars, pay for the parts / materials for routine maintenance (I help them do the maintenance when they ask - BUT ONLY when they ask), and make arrangements for repairs and alternate means of transportation when they exercise poor judgement.

You guys are absolutely right - too many well-meaning parents give their kids entirely too much and don't teach them the things they really need to know to make it on thier own in this world. My philosophy for raising our kids; "My job is NOT to keep you from getting hurt - my job is to help you get back up on your feet when you fall, dust you off, point you in the right direction and send you off again. The most lasting lessons you'll have in life are usually the most painful ones, and I can't teach them to you.... you have to experience them yourself. Everything you go through in life is a direct result of the decisions you make, so make them with great thought and care".

I offered to give my wife's oldest son a 1990 Toyota Corolla when he got his license. It wouldn't cost much to insure or run (it got 37 mpg), and was dependable ( I used it as my "work" car), but he declined on the offer (the car wasn't sporty enough). My Father made me a similar offer when I got my license in 1976, but the car was a 1965 Chrysler Newport with a 383 Magnum, and I accepted the offer. It wasn't sporty, or the car of my dreams, but it was dependable and I drove that car until I'd saved enough to buy a better / newer car, and continued to "trade up" until I had my first new car (a 1978 MG Midget) when I was 18. I took good care of the MG because of the time, work and effort it took to get it. If it was given to me, I'm sure I wouldn't have been as proud or treated it the same way. I WAS grateful for the "start" my Father gave me to get there though.
I think this echoes the philosophy of "helping them", NOT "doing FOR them". When they invest something of themselves, they get more pride and satisfaction out of it. I know I did.

They haven't earned or "invested enough of themselves", nor shown sound enough judgement yet to justify me trusting them driving a musclecar I've waited to own and worked hard for all of my life. Some things I simply refuse to give - they have to be earned. That lesson is the best thing I can share with them.

Getting back on topic; what will the "Window Sticker" on YOUR new Challenger look like? [sm=drooldude.gif]
Old 02-09-2007, 03:43 PM

Was actually replying to Bootcamp about his brood. Sounds like a potential country song...if I was the dog I'd hide under the bed.[sm=vader1.gif]