Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

Who Can You Trust?

Old 05-15-2007, 09:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Who Can You Trust?

I think in the case of a Challenger. Only person who can drive it the person who makes the payments.

Only person who drive my Charger was my wife. She hated it. It was too big. So I know I dont have to worry about her driving a Challenger.
Old 05-15-2007, 02:28 PM

I think it's sad to see so many people unwilling to share this with other people. I am not talking the bum on the corner but I'll let my brother and a few friends take a spin with me. The greatest joy in my life is my kids & my son, in particular, has been totally geeked about the Challenger. When we went to the auto show in Phoenix he swooped in and screaming Challenger! Challenger! and the crowd loved it. I cannot wait to take a drive with him when he is old enough.

It would be a pretty lonely place if we all hoarded the things we enjoy.
Old 05-15-2007, 03:06 PM
Super Moderator

For me, I plan to get a 6-speed.

Something you might consider:

1. Not everybody knows how to drive a manual. I plan to show both of my sons how to drive it.

2. Not everybody know how to drive a car with 400HP. The problem is that it can get away from you before you know it.

My neighbor had an uncle who let him drive his Ford GT while he was sitting in the passenger section. One of the things he told him
was on the freeway when you pass someone be sure to move entirely over into the other lane before you hit the accelerator.

If you don't do this, this car is so fast you will ram the car in front of you before you know it.

I have seen many people loose a car because they punched it so hard they lost control and some have wound up in the ditch.

Just be sure you know the experience level of the driver is what I would caution you.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:45 PM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: awsure

I think it's sad to see so many people unwilling to share this with other people. I am not talking the bum on the corner but I'll let my brother and a few friends take a spin with me. The greatest joy in my life is my kids & my son, in particular, has been totally geeked about the Challenger. When we went to the auto show in Phoenix he swooped in and screaming Challenger! Challenger! and the crowd loved it. I cannot wait to take a drive with him when he is old enough.

It would be a pretty lonely place if we all hoarded the things we enjoy.
its not a matter of hoarding...if the car cost 500 bucks and they made a million of them i would let anyone who wants to drive it take it for a spin. if anyone wants to come over and play my PS3, theyre welcome to do so...but we arent talking about a cheap car or even an expensive gaming system...we are talking about a vehicle that costs upwards of 40,000 american dollars. i guess that if i crapped money, 40gs for a car wouldnt phase me, but i still crap crap, and my money is hard earned, and no one is going to damage my expensive "toys" but me or amanda.

that being said, this isnt a 17 second mercedes that happens to cost 40,000 dollars...this is a high peformance car, and in todays world, most people have a hard enough time managing to not wreck their minivans let alone something that will hit 60mph in under 5 seconds from a dig.
Old 05-17-2007, 05:00 AM

You are entitled to your opinion and do what you will. I am simply making a statement. I realize we are not talking about sharing a toy. I stand by what I said...I am not going to be possessive and not include people in my passion.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:52 AM

I have long said that hapiness and success - and all that comes with them - are pointless unless you have someone to share them with. I'm not a "posessive" person - I have a wife and six children / step children and wouldn't last very long if I were selfish. I share nearly everything I have......NEARLY everything.

LENDING is another story. I was always taught that "you should only lend what you can do without, and don't expect to get back". That included money, material, and time. "Unrepaid loans" have killed more relationships than any other reason I know of.
When you put someone else behind the wheel of your car, you give them complete control of it until they give it back..... you've loaned them the car - even if you're in it. They can make any one of a countless number of bad decisions (with OR without you in the car) and you're the one left holding the bag......or totaled car, insurance deductible/premium increases, and hospital bills. AND we can't forget that we live in such a litigious society, YOU could be held personally liable in an action or suit for handing over the keys to someone who caused someone else loss, pain, or suffering because they acted neglegently while driving your car.

I don't think there's ANYONE here who can HONESTLY say that if a friend, lover, relative - anyone was allowed to borrow or drive thier Challenger and that person damaged the car, the relationship wouldn't be adversely affected or strained. Relationships have been destroyed by far lesser things.
We're ALL car lovers here.....cars are more than just a "mode of transportation" to us. We don't "drive" cars like the Challenger, we "commune" with them. My car is a reflection of me - of who I am. You hurt my car, you hurt me. I take both personally.

If my friends or relatives want a ride in our (mine & my wife's) Challenger, I'll be happy to oblige them.
If they want to drive a Challenger - they'll have to test drive a demo, rent one, buy one, or borrow someone else's.
Sorry. Think what you want of me...........at least I'm honest.
Old 05-17-2007, 07:20 PM

I truly hope you would show more concern for the person in the accident rather than the car. The Challenger is a GREAT car but it is just a car. As much as it might pain you to see it dented or torn up a car can be replaced.

I respect everyone's decisions to do as they will and was simply offering a perspective to think about.
Old 05-18-2007, 03:35 AM

ORIGINAL: awsure
I truly hope you would show more concern for the person in the accident rather than the car. The Challenger is a GREAT car but it is just a car. As much as it might pain you to see it dented or torn up a car can be replaced.
Of course....I thought that went without saying.