Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

why a Challenger?

Old 02-02-2007, 10:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default why a Challenger?

I'm learning in this forum tons about cars, more than just being a fan of the design.
Things about engines, weigth, speed, restrictions, etc are becoming a common language to me, and I feel I'm becoming more than a guy that will based all his knowledge about his challenge just by reading a brochure.

But.... I want to share another thing.... I've saved money to buy a new car since 3 years ago... back then I had no idea the challenger nor the Camaro was coming, just knew about the mustang and then it was my target.

Personally my intention is to buy a muscle car that will become a classic, that I'll be able to ride in 15 years and still look like a classic..... let's put it this way... I used to love the 95 mustang but know I don't seem to like it that much... it feels like just a fashion trend that can pass away within years.

But I don't feel that with the new mustang nor the upcoming challenger.....

So my question to all.... is it the challenger a car you plan to keep, restore, modify and care for long time? or perhaps yes you'll buy it, enjoy it but it something new comes around you won't hesitate to sell and say "next!"

Gracias!
Old 02-02-2007, 10:54 AM

Default RE: why a Challenger?

I have no doubt my Challenger will my last "automobile". I may buy a another used "car" to come and go but the Challenger will stay until the wife puts my dust in jar.
Old 02-02-2007, 02:41 PM

LOL, Yes this is going to be a classic someday, like the 71 Challenger or Boss 302 is to me. And I hope will be in the eyes of my son. The car is for him, not me ,{wink wink}, when he turns of age and also respects the things he is given. The boy just turned 10 months and is the first and only so far. He is a true gift from God, since we were told children were not in our future. This car will be garage kept under climate control and driven only on dry sunny days.

Oh yeah,it wil be fully loaded !

[IMG]local://upfiles/609/916EFC06CC7E4D0CA7BE24635413DE60.jpg[/IMG]
Old 02-02-2007, 03:01 PM

I think for me too, unless I win the lottery, this will be my last 'new' car. I am at that age where I am much closer to retirement than I am to when I started working -- and given the options, I would much rather have the Challenger than anything else out there -- fully loaded of course!
Old 02-02-2007, 06:29 PM

Great question. I plan to keep a daily driver like my hunk o' crap F150 and take the Challenger out a bit sparingly (maybe a few thousand miles per year). My son (5 yrs old) is totally excited and I am envisioning the days when he can take it out. I am a fan of unmodified "stock" machines so no fender kits, no enormous spoilers, no ground effects lights. Pure and clean.

I do think this will become a classic as the lines flow perfectly. I am biased of course but I will say the most recent Mustangs are nicely done as well and may have a place 30 years from now in a collectors garage. I think folks will look back on Camaro and say..."could've done better" and shudder to think of the GTO and what they did to that ICON.
Old 02-03-2007, 12:49 AM

Just as the '70 Challenger is still a desirable classic, the 2008 Challenger's destiny should be the same.

I bought a '70 Challenger new and drove it as my everyday car for 14 years. I did most all of my own maintenance and body work too. I had no trouble selling the vehicle to a local mechanic. I now buy used vehicles for my everyday transportation and really don't care to do the maintenace anymore.

I plan to buy and keep a 2008 Challenger and eventually leave it to my children. This will not be an everyday car, though. I'm looking for a vehicle to have fun with - local car shows, cruising nights, and possibly the Hot Rod Power Tour or other such events.

The quality built into today's cars along with the timeless styling of the Challenger makes me confident that I'll be driving my new "classic" for as long as I'm able to drive.

Good luck with your choice.
Old 02-17-2007, 01:06 PM

When all this started, My wife and I discussed how great it would be to have an orange and black 07 challenger setting the garage beside our 70 orange black RT, I thought a 70 & 07 would be kind of rare and neet. Now that it is going to be 08 I have lost much enthusiasm. I would still like to have one, but will wait and see what the first year does.
Old 02-17-2007, 03:42 PM
Super Moderator

I intend to keep the one I buy for the rest of my life. I will have something less expensive that I will take out on a daily basis. I will probably keep my Intrepid as my beater.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts