Notices
Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. Just about anything goes.

The Rising Cost of Gasoline and the Historical and Biblical Basis of the Middle East Conflict

Old 11-17-2007, 01:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Rising Cost of Gasoline and the Historical and Biblical Basis of the Middle East Conflict

Exactly, Jeremiah I'm glad you brought it up. Many religious organizations Christan and otherwise believe that the bible is corrupt and God is givng a new revelation. God already promised that he would preserve his word (Psalms 12:6-7; Isaiah 59:21; Mark 13:31) and they will be no more revelations by prophets ((Daniel 9:24; Revelation 22:18-19)
Old 11-17-2007, 03:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: The Rising Cost of Gasoline and the Historical and Biblical Basis of the Middle East Conflict

WOW guys, I haven't been on line for a few days and you guys have this awsome discussion. I have to admit I like it. You guys are awsome I'll take some time out tomarrow to read each line and enjoy the fellowship. You folks take it easy and have a wonderful day.
Old 11-17-2007, 03:48 PM

ORIGINAL: RLSH700

I remember that as well joeyr, the thing though is although Esau might have forgiven Jacob, it doesn't mean that the generations later won't resent and want revenge after they see the land and properity that they should have had. I know in later reference they make references to his decendents fighting with Jacob's.
I agree, wholeheartly, In fact in the Edomites (esau descendants) were in fact often had a strained relations and wars with the Isrealites (2 Samuel 8:12-14; 2 Kings 8:20-22; Psalm 137:7, etc), It is amazing as a handful of people 1000s of years ago can led to conflict today.
Old 11-18-2007, 06:37 AM

Axel, I read what you wrote and can only tell you from my own expirence. GOD forgives us when we sin and bring it before Him if we acknowledge the sin we committed. I find it also best to go to the person and ask their forgiveness also. They my not give you the time of day, but if you are sincere and you make the effort, you will have done the will of GOD. The rest lies on the shoulders of the one you asked forgiveness of. Then strive the best you can with the help of the HOLY SPIRIT to do the will of GOD. Then establish a relationship with JESUS CHRIST and allow Him to build that freindship. If you wronged someone 5 years ago and that has been a thorn, when you come to the knowledge of the LORD, you should ask for forgiveness from the LORD and from the person you wronged. This will leave you feeling in a way that only when you do this you will feel.( Washed is one way that it can be described.) So good luck my freind and my GOD bless you and your family. Always be honest with yourself and keep the relationship with GOD in the formost of your life
Old 11-18-2007, 02:26 PM
Super Moderator

FYI- For those of you studying this history of the Bible are are what some some scholars are suggesting were the
Biblical names of modern day countries:

Magog- Southern Russia
Togarmah- Iraq
Gomer- Ukraine
Meschech -Turkey
Put- Libya
Tubal- Turkey
Cush- Ethiopia
Assyria- Iraq and Syria

[IMG]local://upfiles/17/C245916F50D2406FABC6F064C177D639.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/17/4F59BA3C923A46FC923BA3446EC86D51.jpg[/IMG]
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 11-19-2007, 08:05 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: lear4406

Axel, I read what you wrote and can only tell you from my own expirence. GOD forgives us when we sin and bring it before Him if we acknowledge the sin we committed. I find it also best to go to the person and ask their forgiveness also. They my not give you the time of day, but if you are sincere and you make the effort, you will have done the will of GOD. The rest lies on the shoulders of the one you asked forgiveness of. Then strive the best you can with the help of the HOLY SPIRIT to do the will of GOD. Then establish a relationship with JESUS CHRIST and allow Him to build that freindship. If you wronged someone 5 years ago and that has been a thorn, when you come to the knowledge of the LORD, you should ask for forgiveness from the LORD and from the person you wronged. This will leave you feeling in a way that only when you do this you will feel.( Washed is one way that it can be described.) So good luck my freind and my GOD bless you and your family. Always be honest with yourself and keep the relationship with GOD in the formost of your life
This is very good advice. I can tell you from a personal point of view that if two particular people in this world would come up to me and admit what they did was wrong and apologized for it, I would be able to completely let go of what they did and be able to completely forgive them as I have been trying to for the last eight and four years. Something else that could be gained from apologizing to this person as well is you can begin to heal internally. Whether or not the guy will like you or accept the apology, you will know that you made the effort to set things right and the one who truely matters will be satisfied with that effort.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 11-19-2007, 12:54 PM

One thing I would like to clear up, I definitely have accepted Jesus for all of my life. I have never and will never push him out, nor God. I just have pushed myself further away because of my wrong doings if that makes sense.

The part about going to the guy and asking for his forgiveness, in all reality, that's not what's bugging me. What bugs me is what I have done in the past to my wife, what I have done to my unborn children. Two different and yet the same events, they both have to do with my wife, but they weren't just from one event. I think that the unborn children are what has hurt me the most however. My wife and I only blame ourselves, her fault, my fault, but I believe it is in fact mine. I'm sure I can get over this, but it's just going to take time. That's not something most people with a concious would actually be able to get over in a hurry, though after a year you would think one would.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:01 PM

I really do understand what you mean. I have a relative who had the same situation and felt alot as you do. She thought that there was no forgiveness for what she did. But with time and understanding of the Bible, she has moved on. Though she still reflects from time to time as the years go by, how old her children would be and such. But she has accepted the forgiveness GOD offers. She just needed time to forgive herself. We make mistakes and sometimes big mistakes, but we have forgiveness and to forgive ourselves is sometimes the hardest to do[&o] Good luck and allow time to heal also.
Old 11-20-2007, 07:07 PM

Axel, my heart's breaking for you for the loss of your children. My wife and I lost a very small child a few years ago under circumstances beyond our control, but we still wonder if there was something we could have done... I doubt your feeling of loss will ever leave you, I guess in a way I hope mine never does... I never want to forget my son. You've given this to Jesus, though, so you can let the guilt go! "If we confess our sins He is faithful and righteous to forgive our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." (I John 1:9) Thanks for your openness and honesty, and I hope we here can help your healing.

This next part bothers me. It has bothered me for several years, and I guess it's because of the culture we live in and the prevalance of divorce and the number of good people I know well and like who are divorced and remarried... Jesus said "Everyone who divorces his wife, except for the reason of unchastity, makes her commit adultery; and whoever marries a divorced woman commits adultery." (Matthew 5:32) and "Whoever divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery against her; and if she herself divorces her husband and marries another man, she is committing adultery." (Mark 10:11-12) Of all the things Jesus said, this bothers me most. And I guess I shouldn't let it, just because He said it, but it breaks my heart, too! So many people in this situation, what are they supposed to do? I've only ever heard of one remarried couple who acted on this, and with the help of their church lived apart while still raising their children. Heartbreaking, but it's what Jesus said... but it's heartbreaking... but it's what He said...

Keep seeking His will for your life, Axel, "But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him." (James 2:5) and "Who is the man who fears the Lord? He will instruct him in the way he should choose." (Psalm 25:12)
Old 11-21-2007, 12:43 PM

I'm sorry that you had to go through that. I can't imagine how it would be in that case. It was hard enough with an unborn child that I only knew through an ultrasound, I can't imagine how I would be with a child that actually had been born. He was amazingly active at that age in that small space.

Yes, and that next part is definitely hard and there are questions you wish you could ask. Ok, people get divorced, but under what circumstances does it make it not one person or another fault? She was in a bad relationship, her first marriage she was expected to be like his mother, literally he said my mother did this and my mother did that or did it this way or that way. Then one time he came home and she was down right sick, flu or something worse, and he expected her to make dinner because that's what his mother did even if she was sick and that was the final straw.

The next marriage they were together for quite a while. He would take control of everything, would override her authority in front of her kids when it came to punishment, which is probably why her daughter, not his, wants to go live with him because she can get away with anything by just throwing an attitude, it would be his way or no way, just a very controlling man who didn't allow any equalness in the relationship. She suggested that they get help, but he wouldn't do it. What do you do in that case?

I guess these are things we unfortunately don't have answers to right now, but I sure still don't feel in the right at this point in time and don't know if I ever will since she has in fact been married twice regardless of the situation? And yes, I do mean that as a question.

Quick Reply: The Rising Cost of Gasoline and the Historical and Biblical Basis of the Middle East Conflict