Notices
Sights N Sounds Post your pics, videos, and sound clips here.

INTERIOR PICS!!

Old 02-05-2008, 10:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: INTERIOR PICS!!

And if you want to compare the Avenger, here you go. Second one from the top left.

http://www.dodge.com/en/2008/avenger/gallery/

I agree, I'm disappointed, though not as bad as I originally was. I'm waiting on an R/T so I'm curious as to how that's going to look, but in terms of how it's similar, I'm disappointed. As I said in another post, the concept was unique and so is the Mustang's interior. People who pay MSRP + for this and who have paid over $100,000 + on this car deserve a unique interior. Even the people that don't and pay what they pay, is Chrysler saying that Ford customers mean more to Ford then we do? If the Camaro comes out with the interior I've seen, which I have to say I like, but don't care for the body, is Chrysler saying that Chevy's customers mean more to Chevy then we do? I'm seeing a new company taking over Chrysler, but so far all I've seen is a symbol change back to the ole American symbol that I grew up with and that most of the people on here have lived with. This company is no better then Daimler that once owned them before.

Unfortunately this is going to be a struggle for me as to if I keep my Mustang, very lightly consider the Camaro, or get something totally different. Body and interior matter to me as much as decent power under the hood. I don't need the best, but I would like to look at something closer to concept then something I could see if I squint my eyes, or do the chinese eye things, no offense or racism met, in my wife's car.

As for the telementry, still a possibility, but doubtful. I would think it would take a little more work to go through the button pushing, but I would think they could incorporate it if they wanted to. Again, doubtful, but possible.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:34 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Cuda340

I think the criticism that the interior is taking is not because it looks bad. It's due to the fact that Dodge did not give the Challenger its own identity. We all expected that its interior would be unique and not a clone of the Charger.

That being said, I still love the car and will be buying an SRT in 2009! [sm=gears.gif]

(I will be checking it out at the Philadelphia Auto Show this week and will give you my overall impression of the car).
Well, I'm not surprised by this move. If they made the Charger, 300C, and Magnum identical, why would they completely give the Challenger a radically different interior. It isn't competely a drop in of the LX SRTs interior, it is a little different.

Axel, have you ever seen the inside of a Lincoln MKZ? They pretty much took the design of the Mustang's interior and put it into that car going by the same rules. Chances are the Camaro will not have the exact same interior it was shown as having.

Remember that Chrysler is having money flow problems and although I would agree that you could blame some of their problems on the fact that their interior hasn't been the same since the days of Lutz, right now they have to get through with what they have now. Remember they are working on building a new interior studio so perhaps they will improve it as time goes on like they said they are planning to do with the Avenger and Sebring.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 02-05-2008, 11:43 AM

ORIGINAL: RLSH700
Chances are the Camaro will not have the exact same interior it was shown as having.
In the Camaro's case, that's a GOOD thing. That was the car's biggest downfall in my book. That dash in my opinion was hideous, especially those dash gauges with those huge numerals that looked like they were lifted intact from a 1950s Buick. And I was never a fan of the console gauges either (yes I know the 1967-69 Camaros had them, but they were a dumb idea back then too). One of the best things the Challenger had (HAD) going for it was its awesome and distinctive interior.

Again, not that the Charger has a bad dashboard, but I think it's a bit of a slap in the face to the Challenger to give it a Charger-knockoff interior. I have no idea what a new Camaro's interior will be like, but I'm sure GM won't insult their Camaro fans and saddle it with an Impala-like dashboard. [:'(]
Old 02-05-2008, 11:48 AM

Looking closer, looks like the center stack is a carbon fiber type thing
Old 02-05-2008, 11:51 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Yankee

In the Camaro's case, that's a GOOD thing. That was the car's biggest downfall in my book. That dash in my opinion was hideous, especially those dash gauges with those huge numerals that looked like they were lifted intact from a 1950s Buick. And I was never a fan of the console gauges either (yes I know the 1967-69 Camaros had them, but they were a dumb idea back then too). One of the best things the Challenger had (HAD) going for it was its awesome and distinctive interior.

Again, not that the Charger has a bad dashboard, but I think it's a bit of a slap in the face to the Challenger to give it a Charger-knockoff interior. I have no idea what a new Camaro's interior will be like, but I'm sure GM won't insult their Camaro fans and saddle it with an Impala-like dashboard. [:'(]
Yankee, I have to agree with you about the gauges in the Camaro. I absolutely hate those things as well. I agree it would have been nice if they could have stuck with the concept but from the beginning, I anticipated that the dashes would be similar but not exactly the same, which they are not exactly the same, just similar.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 02-05-2008, 12:11 PM

HOLY COW! All the critisism... Guess I am just increadibly thankful that Chrysler decided to actually follow through with the Challenger in the first place. I'm totally stoked just waiting to get my hands on that bad boy!! Not gonna sweat the small stuff. In my opinion a VERY ACCEPTABLE interior! Cheers!
Old 02-05-2008, 12:23 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: mopar2ya

HOLY COW! All the critisism... Guess I am just increadibly thankful that Chrysler decided to actually follow through with the Challenger in the first place. I'm totally stoked just waiting to get my hands on that bad boy!! Not gonna sweat the small stuff. In my opinion a VERY ACCEPTABLE interior! Cheers!
My thoughts exactly. Out of all the fears we had along the way. They could have made it a 6.1L auto only for the ENTIRE run of the car, but they made the right decision to offer the manuals, the 5.7L, and the 3.5L. They could have charged us prices just under the Viper, but they decided to set the base price for the SRTs at about a comparable level for the LX SRT-8s. They could have made the Challenger a sedan, but they followed through with making it a coupe. They could have made it auto only but they will have manuals available for the Hemis. They could have really ruined the styling that would almost make it unrecognizable, but they kept it very similar if not improved it. They could have used the exact same interior from the LX cars with no modifications at all, but they at least made a few differences.

Out of all of these things I listed above, would have been things I would agree that completely messed up the car, but this is the most petty thing to complain about. Be thankful they even made it considering what the company has been through since when the car concept began until now. Think about who is running the company, people who have had zero experience in making performance cars, yet they are building it anyways.

You think the interior is so terrible, take a look at the Viper's. Now that is sad. Count your blessings is my advice that we even have the opportunity to buy it in the first place.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 02-05-2008, 12:41 PM

ORIGINAL: mopar2ya

If I were Alan Barrington, I'd be really upset and ask Dodge why they bothered to have me design a unique interior for such a unique car in the first place.

As a Challenger fan following this from it's origin, I'm disappointed that so little of the concept went into the production interior.

If I were a newly acquired/potential customer, and never saw the interior of the concept car, I'd probably be pretty pleased with everything in the interior - except the steering wheel. Ignorance is bliss.

This is a double edged sword. While most folks will only see the outside of the car (taillights in particular - getting smaller in their windshield), the interior isn't depended on to make a real impression to those I'm passing by.
BUT, since I'll be driving the car, the interior is what I'll see most of the time.

With that said, it's a far cry from the concept car interior and I'm not in love with it, but I can live with it.
Old 02-05-2008, 01:23 PM
Super Moderator

As the tuners have proven, the inside of the car is a fun place to customize too.

Old 02-05-2008, 01:39 PM

The interior of the car does not live up to the exterior. That is because the exterior ****ing rocks, where as the interior is just "OK". Nothing super or horrible on the inside. But when you have an exterior that is that phenomenal, it is natural to want an interior that follows suit.

It won't keep me from buying the car, but I may have to take DamnSkippy's advice and seek some aftermarket upgrades. I bet the R/T won't get those nice seats from the SRT. [X(]

Quick Reply: INTERIOR PICS!!